Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Oh Dita, sorry to hear about your little cockatiel. The man next door (before the Chinese family) had them and the last one had a surprisingly long life.
How I agree about the cost of feeding these four-legged, high maintenance family members. I often have the same wish for cat food to be in trial sizes. I have to waste so much, and when Trixie came to live here, the fosterers had no advice to offer about her preferences!! She'd been on hunger strike.

After much trial and error, I found Encore to be acceptable, and still have to vary the flavours because she changes choice all the time. These small pouches and tins, granted they have stayed a pound each, all these years - surely there will soon be a rise. So when I have unsuccessfully offered a few different ones daily, it can easily be a fiver down the drain. The dry food stays fairly constant at the moment, the salmon one which is Purina1 Pro-Plan.

Is Dolly seeking the warmth indoors instead of expecting you to play outside with her? The weather is supposed to be getting worse. Trixie has alternated sleeping in each bedroom and settled for the warmest one. Other than the topic of our little ones, there is not much news - maybe later this week.
Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. xxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi Vannin, sorry that I am getting very slow at getting on line at the moment, this age thing is slowing me down somewhat and I am getting behind with everything. Weather is quite bad at the moment and at least on my side as far as football is concerned, it is letting me off the hook a little, problem is I have to do a kickabout inside instead, she has so much energy, having been born 28th Dec 08 her puppyish attitude to her life daily is astounding considering her first year of life was so traumatic.
I do hope you are well and finding time to relax a little now we are really in the throws of winter, take care of each other-----it will soon be spring ??? Love and hugs from Dolly and me xxxxx

Take care and keep warm everyone x
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 am

Good morning all. Dita, I hope you are having a better weekend and cheerfulness overtaking the doldrums. Physically, the weather must be much to blame for our limbs/joints causing trouble.
I had a fit just now, to see how many days have gone by since I was on this thread. When I went on the weather thread, I thought I had done this one already.

World news not good, re the new variant, and now two cases in England. Let us hope for better news.
Off to sing soon, and will wear layers!! I hope masks will be mandatory in church (while not singing) Many people still wear them anyway especially on buses and in supermarkets. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and mexxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi Vannin, I am still up and down but still plodding on regardless :ithanku: . Hope you found the singing relaxing, can imagine you would. :lala: I am the same as you as regards time passing between posting on the forum, very often I shock myself :) Despite the snow still on ledges and roof my window cleaner came today, :groaner: wonder if he had to climb a ladder and do them by hand -----would he be as keen? :thinking:
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Not keen on weather this week. :huffin: I have realised that my non-resistance to the cold is more evident each year, I used to wear t-shirts at home for many years. Then it dawned on me. I have been on Apixaban blood thinners for about four years since having multiple embolisms on both lungs (GPs spent 15 months telling me I had trivial reasons for inability to breathe right, instead of referring me) Another dr told me I had been lucky. :evil: :magnify:

Anyway it seems to me ---Having the blood thinned by medication means one is bound to feel cold, why did I not grasp it before? The best we can do is wear our layers and keep the house warm. OK fuel bills rise! :?
Ah well, cat-feeding beckons. Dita, I hope the week has been going well for you. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly :bighugs: :bighugs:xxxxx : Take care everyone :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello Vannin and everyone. Hope all is well :please: My friend is on blood thinners and has the same problem Vannin, mind you I am on plenty of meds and still feel very cold, especially at the moment, I was at the Doc yesterday, had an armful of blood taken out of my left arm then an arm full of booster put in my right, I feel like death warmed up today :groaner: :roflmao: Feel a bit like Tony Hancock :roflmao: :lala: Its my Dads birthday today, have been thinking about him, he was doing his bit in WW2 and I missed out on that part of his life. He was in the far east. :tantrum2:
Haven't had a game of footie the last couple of days, snowed off. :rolleye11: Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxx
dita

Postby dita » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,bet you are all out shopping ??? or maybe not :) Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie xxx..Take care xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:45 pm

Call this two long posts instead of one endless screed. Cut in half where it says 'Please'!! :lol:

I was not out shopping, destined to wait indoors with a 'slot' pending an arrival of men-in-van. :roll: :sad:
That started as 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Then their third c---k-up to happen since September, ....... could have left me with additional Slot of 2 till 6 p.m. :groaner: All solved by 1.30 in the end, after I phoned. At last!
This is the lead-up: Remember my new special chair from Careco? Well, that was OK after the man came and sprayed the insides of it with silicone because the groaning noise it made (no, not my great weight!!!) was down to newness - fabric on fabric. Later I received the bill for £60 so that was sorted. The problem was not with that episode but I was looking forward to the original chair being collected by BHF, the booking was made at end of Sept, to be carried out Oct 29th. This was changed on the day, as driver carelessly damaged van (men NOT damaged)
First available date December 3rd - today. :please:

Meanwhile they turned up on November 3rd by mistake and I had to send them away because going out. Unwanted chair getting in the way here. Finally today came, got up early, waited till 12.45 then thought of calling the manager, "OK it's not 2 yet but can I confirm the collectors are coming?" "Oh sorry, they have all finished and come back now, there was some data missing. They'll be out again from 2 till 6".

:tantrum2: Restraining the impulse to blur my image of nice old lady, I just said 'It is becoming a very long day' and, after confirming my address, was told I would be phoned 30 mins before their arrival .
However, at 1.30 they arrived unannounced and we were all smiley and twas finished in ten minutes. I did notice, on my docket where the word Pimms should appear in my address, someone had written Thames. :dunno: Sorry this is very long. I can at last have some space in my room for seasonal sorting.

In one of your posts, I missed the bit about Dolly's birthday. Trixie's nearly twin. The RSPCA vet estimated her birth as January 2009!! As my human girl has her wedding anniversary on Jan 2nd, I celebrate Trixie- day on the 15th. :clicker: She and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Wow ! Vannin what a saga and how frustrating for you, have decided to grin and bear what I have till after crimbo. Your experiences at the moment certainly go well with the atmosphere of the world today. :exactly: Nothing much of interest at this end, I am going to amend my grocery order before the Wednesday delivery day. Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:06 pm

But how right your guess was, re our pets being close in age!
I am thinking of tomorrow's appointment more negatively than usual, but purely because the expected weather puts a damper on everything!
I suppose, if I were to be inward-looking, I would admit to being afraid of a Christmas lockdown to stop my little family coming for their two nights. I bet my daughter is thinking the same, along with much of the population. Parties are being cancelled all over the place. 350 cases of Omic?on, already in England.
Still, last December was a happy one here, in spite of everything.
Life is what we make it, but a more useful Prime Minister would be a help.
Love and hugs Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxxxx
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:06 am

It's been pouring with rain for two days, some flooding down in Wellington. Rosie is blaming us for the lack of walks, Other than that things have been a bit quiet but otherwise we are lucky compared to many countries with this Covid thing. Bit of a splurge of cases up in Auckland but apart from walking about in town wearing a mask and showing our vaccination passport if we have lunch or even coffee in a restaurant. In supermarkets, petrol stations masks only required.
Hope things improve for you all in the near future.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi Ciderman , and thank you for the well-wishing hopes for all of us. As of today though, a Plan B has been issued to return to stricter measures against Covid because the outlook is far from good. Whether our Christmases will be subjected to further restriction, is not known so far. But we try to remain positive!!
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Dita, I hope you are all right. What a state our government is in. I would like to bang all the Tory heads together but realise that many of his own party are now fed up with such non-leadership too. Now there is another baby Johnson - poor child.
All this carry-on..... of course he will continue to lie or plead ignorance about the parties at number 10. As some spokesmen have already said......usually Carrie hosted the parties!
Take care Dita and everyone. I am off to choir practice.
Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi everyone, Vannin thanks so much for your kind thoughts, I do hope you enjoyed the choir practise, wish I could have been there to join in with you. :rolleye11: We are having to endure cockup after cockup in not only our own country, but the whole world. :tantrum2: And this Christmas party carry on, is so utterly ridiculous, :lala: it is all the game of playing politics and another excuse to play one again the other instead of doing the job of running the country and helping us all keep safe at this horrible almost war-like situation we find ourselves in. :groaner:
At least the weather is dry at the moment and poor Dolly really does need a dive round the garden and retrieve a ball or two, she thinks I am neglecting her. :exactly: I do hope lovely Trixie is looking after your needs Vannin and giving you plenty of cuddles :thinking: . All from me today, Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby dita » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:44 pm

The Tornadoes in Kentucky and Tennessee are so terrible and despairing for anyone caught in the pathway of their strength and ferocity Vannin, I do hope none of your family have had to endure the danger which has so cruelly led to death and damage in America. Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes