Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:56 pm

dita wrote:It will always be such a wrench to your heart each time Oct approaches Vannin, I could cry just thinking about it, and 28yrs old ?????. As you know I am well experienced in that field of mental health and was a Samaritan for many years and also carer for my own hubby.

I love that pic of Rosie and her mate Chum, Ciderman. I must pursue my old schoolfriend Derek whose parents emigrated to NZ in the late 50's. He does come back to the UK most years because he has 2 sisters here, I am afraid I have neglected him of late so must find him, He lives near Christchurch.

Must away and answer the door Vannin, Hugs and Love to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and me. Take care everyone xxxx

Bless you Dita for your compassion but I would never want you to cry. But my son was not a suicide, he was a sunny-natured boy. It was my mother, never a happy woman, who took that way out in 1973 - I can't believe it was nearly 50 years ago. My son's death was caused by a massive asthma attack, appallingly sudden.
My anticipated package of meds has not turned up and fortunately I have till next week before running out, so I guess the obvious answer is to speak to the very helpful friendly pharmacist tomorrow to ask for small emergency pkts of Levothyroxine and Amitriptyline.

Feeling cold again today. Putting on the heating in October sounds more normal than doing so in September.
Hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:54 pm

:bighugs: Vannin Sometimes a good cry can do you good, even a cry because you are happy can serve its purpose, I think your son dying was not his choice, it happened -- and that makes it very sad. :grouphug:
My cousin who was a dog handler took the same way out as your mum, he was in his early 30's, he just went off and did it. that was his choice. It is a very complexed subject for sure.

I always get e/mails from my medication delivery company, indicating that I should order my meds earlier, and it is usually 10days before it is due, but during this pandemic it is sometimes earlier.
My heating comes on quite regularly now, and I am relieved because like you I always get cold easily at this time of year. Love and Hugs to You both from Dolly and me.
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:58 pm

vannin wrote:What a lovely pair and great photo. I think when we first 'knew' you on Seniority, you had a little'un and a giant.

That's right Vannin. In those days it was Peppy and Minnie.(and Sox the cat!)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Ah yes, I remember seeing these. Also you with one of them round your shoulders!
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:32 am

That's right, luckily it was Sox not Peppy! :-)
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 am

;) :clicker: :wave:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm

I just love your pics Ciderman, its woken this thread up well and truly, I remember the Seniority, Maisie introduced me to it, it was a great and lively group in those days although I was quite a newbie and not very experienced with either forums or computers. Because of life's situations I do have limited memory around some of it, I can imagine it will be the same for most of us in one way or another. Take care of yourself :bighugs: :bighugs:

Hope I did'nt say anything to upset you yesterday Vannin, I do tend to be " If you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all " :grouphug: :grouphug: It does keep one out of trouble, but sometimes it is easy to drop oneself right in it :sad:
Love and Hugs to everyone, especially Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Dita, of course you haven't upset me, quite the reverse. I have been remiss today. First thing this morning at 6 a.m., Trixie became my little alarm clock because she lets me know any time she comes in soaking wet. You might have noticed that my morning greeting showing the big waving man etc was posted at 6.33 a.m. Must be a first!!! :rolleye11:
True, I needed to leave at 9.15 to get the bus for my flu jab.....but never need to get up that early! The result was that when I came home, I fell asleep in the recliner then lunch was late and while I had my cuppa, Trixie pinned me down for HER long sleep, from which I hate to wake her!! Result being that nothing has been done in the house today except eat and sleep. On the laptop at last, feeling neglectful .
I don't expect to sleep much tonight because I won't be tired. The wakened HRH is now out again in the wind and wet. But she and I send a 'Hi all and take care', with love and hugs to you and Dolly.xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:55 pm

I was woken up this morning by a lick in the ear! It was evidently time for breakfast!
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:07 am

What an adorable little one! It is lovely to see your posts and photos Ciderman. Obviously you are exempt from the thread headed 'Where is Everyone'. Just do not know any way to get news of Penny.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 am

I did get a good night's sleep after all (like most nights) The jabbed arm was fine and even let me lie on that side. Sneezed all evening, which was probably from being soaked in the morning. Certainly not setting foot outside for a while, all week if it stays like this.
Stay safe everyone, love to all, especially hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:09 am

Morning all, hope eveyone is O>K> and keeping dry. Been raining here since yesterday and still at it now. Very dark and miserable. Been trying to post for a week, fingers crossed this one makes it. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Could quite happily snuggle up to that little beauty Ciderman xxxx Hugs to you too. :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
Not nice weather here in Linc's, it has yet to come fully light, it isn't raining very hard at the moment -thank goodness.

Vannin, it is such a pleasure when I read the way yourself and Trixie spend your lives together, Dolly and I are the same, we have a very special relationship .
My friends across the road have put their house up for sale, I am really concerned because they keep me going and have been so important in my life -- before-- and also since my husband died. Makes me restless, maybe I will have to consider my future ???
Hope all is well after the jab, hopefully your sneezing has ceased. Love and hugs to you both, :bighugs: :bighugs: from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Dita, it is sad your neighbour friends will be moving away. Will they be far away? Maybe the new neighbours will be lovely people too, but it is unsettling when there are big changes.
My sneezing stopped last night, thank you. Must have been from the torrents, the problem when there is also high wind - umbrellas are useless against it, so I leave mine at home and try to rely on the hood of raincoat....which can blow off too! Raining again now and Trixie has been out in it then had a rub-down.

How I wish she would try to accept using the litter tray. She did when she first came. It is always close at hand in the covered-in-way, dry and fresh and I have a sack of litter going to waste. Can't force the issue! I agree we get on well, it was only in the past few years I fully understood how very miserable her first year of life must have been, and rescue pets have strong memories as you know, so I seem to have a bigger understanding - more than for our previous cats who grew up with this family and were less needy.
She and I send love to all, stay safe, and hugs for you and Dolly :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Good morning everyone.Good to see Penny has shown up.Sorry to hear about your grandson Penny.Hope he is ok for uni.

My eldest grandson who is Logan's brother,moved out now to live on his own in a flat.He moved on Friday.Hope he will like living on his own. :roll:
I will not be on here for a while as I am wearing a splint on my finger and got to keep my finger straight,so thats the mouse out of action.No xbox for me for at least 12 weeks,poor Logan.

If any of you like playing Farming games there is a good one called Hay Day.You feed the pigs,sheep etc and grow stuff.Its a bit like Farmville.It fills a quiet few hours up. :mrgreen:

All keep well and keep :mrgreen:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes