Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Hi Vannin, :ithanku: Think we may have a Card Shop in town, anyway not to worry, thanks. :thinking: Very odd the way Trixie is behaving at the moment, mind you us humans behave odd as they get older, muscles weaken, hormone changes occur etc! ? :rolleye11: Just been out for a game of footy with her ladyship, she behaves very odd at times too, very often its manipulating toward me, :lala: and I don't realise until its too late ??? :roflmao: How is your chair now you are getting used to it??? I really must get myself organised into buying one. :bighugs: :bighugs: Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi everyone and I hope each one of you has enjoyed the weekend.
Dita, I am not using the chair very much because the knees are having a good spell so I have no problem standing up from my old favourite which is G-Plan. I have to say 'they don't make 'em like that any more'. As my nearest town is historically the town of chair-making (High Wycombe) but since Gomms, Parker Knoll and all closed down and left it like a ghost town, it seems odd to get a new chair elsewhere!
It is comfortable enough but I don't feel an enfolding welcome, or sink into cushioning, as it is firm. :thinking: :?
Firm furniture is probably the best for our ageing bodies and the new chair will be for when I age a bit more. When I ordered it, the knees were painful and one never knows if this is a permanent state. :dunno:
I try not to draw Trixie's attention to it because, although she has never clawed chairs but only clawed the carpets, she twice decided to claw the new chair, unbelievable. No damage done and stern talking-to. :roll:
She seems much better in herself and has resumed going out to do her business elsewhere probably the neighbouring woods. This means, like the past eleven years, that I won't ever see evidence similar to what she recently 'passed'. But I will still leave a clean litter tray always on standby again. :roll:
'Fraid this has not been a savoury topic but young mums discuss what their infants' nappies hold!! :oops:
Speaking of Dolly manipulating you, I believe naughty felines have sly little ways of this too. :huffin:
I hope you and everyone reading this are well, take care. :grouphug: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:01 pm

CORRECTION Dita. Card Shop, receipt told me it is Cardsdirect. IS online! https://www.cardsdirect.com/holiday/chr ... cards.aspx
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi Vannin, just had a look at the site, it comes up with the american version but its a lovely site, the cards look beautiful.
We always say------ there's nothing as strange as folk????? I think they should have mentioned our pets too :) Interesting what you remarked about your new chair, it would probably be a similar situation for me. I have bought a couple of things from DFS in the past, they have a big showroom in a nearby town, thought I would have a change.
Love and hugs from the boss and me to Vannin and Trixie xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 pm

This afternoon Madame returned to the litter which was the brand she was used to, up to Friday. At the weekend I had replaced it with another brand while waiting for delivery today!! They know the difference!
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are well. :grouphug: Vannin I do hope all ok with you and that lovely Trixie, I have recently been trying to change Dolly's dried food, because she has only a couple of teeth now I tried the soft pouches which she refuses completely. I am now hoping she will eat another very small dry food especially for older small dogs, that is not going down to well either. She does tolerate a little chicken and white fish when she is in a good mood. :groaner: One thing for sure our beloved pets are very clever. :exactly: :exactly: Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Food fads in pets! :exactly: Picky Trixie likes two flavours based on tuna, in Encore pouches, and her dry food Purina1 chicken and grains flavour - smaller pieces for age7 and over. But moist white fish or moist chicken.....not acceptable. I did try her successfully on one and a half pouches of chicken with brown rice when she wasn't well, she was probably starving at that stage and would have gobbled anything! :roll: .
She seems fine now and stays close to home and resumed the toilette once I used 'the right' litter again!!

When I last mentioned the new Riser Recliner chair on the 10th, that was the last time it worked right.
The motor inside started making a loud noise when I used the control button for footrest. Only loud when I was sitting there, but it was quiet when the remote was used on the empty chair. I phoned Cust-Servs that day and, after an hour in the queue, was told it was probably attributable to the newness, give it a week, it might stop. But it is worse now and I have phoned as well as emailed, because the motor is faulty for sure, and now much louder, making a grinding groaning noise. So a chair engineer is to phone me in about a week to make an appointment to visit. :sad: Hope this one won't have to grapple with M25 in rush hour!

My grandson is 13 today unbelievable. I sent a parcel and card to daughter which she received for him.
I hope everyone is well, take care and enjoy the weekend. :grouphug:
Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Vannin, I am so sorry about trouble with the chair. Do hope it gets fixed sooner than later. Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Thank you Penny. I am sure the man will come when expected, and he should be familiar with trouble-shooting. Fingers crossed!
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi Vannin, I do hope you get some satisfaction from the settee company and you get all that you deserve from them after such disappointing outcome to your purchase :dunno: :please: . Also hope Trixie is still well and her usual self. Dolly wasn't too happy yesterday after I wormed her, :evil: she cannot bear being made to swallow anything and sulks for ages. Not much else to chat about at the moment, hope your rib is now free from pain and you are taking care of yourself. :magnify: Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Sorry I am quite late. I kept falling asleep in the (old) armchair this evening after I planned to go online much earlier. :wakeup:
Dita, my rib settled down after a while and I am careful how I move around and don't trust furniture that might attack me like last time and the time before! :x :sherlock:
As for the new chair, I keep hoping that the service engineer won't accuse me of causing damage by misuse, as I read and followed the instructions which are down to common sense really. A bit in the User Manual said a charge of £60 is made if the man can't or won't take responsibility for it. I don't feel capable of having an argument and winning . Might be able to ask someone to 'be here' as I did for another visit.

Trixie is well but not her old self, because she is clingy. While I love having her on my lap, and it was three hours today, I am now way past my bed-time of 10 p.m. I endure cramp from not daring to move her! :oops: We certainly become their slaves! :roll: Love and hugs from us both to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:46 pm

I can drop off anytime nowadays, and frequently do, my eyes just shut and that is that. I do hope the visit from t telling you it is miue he engineer results on great satisfaction on your part Vannin. £60 seems a big charge for a supposedly misuse ???? Dolly does seem to be sleeping more in the daytime. It is dull and rainy this afternoon and I am kicking myself because I should have took Dolly out this morning when it was dry. Love and hugs to yourself and Madame Trixie from the boss and I xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:50 pm

I meant to post this yesterday but was sidetracked. I had two appointments arranged by phone.
One is for my Covid booster, 10th November, happily it will be the right time and location, like my first one: 11 a.m. at the Town Hall.
The second jab when the G.P. list went pearshaped and I fell off the list, had the happy result of the new Station Commander of the fire station, being my volunteer driver to a health centre miles away!!! It was the official Boss car! and he looked like Pearce Brosnan in his mid-thirties. :oops: :sunglasses: :uwish: :welcome1: :ithanku:
Just the local bus this time!! :roll: No way will the bus driver say 'Don't worry about hold-ups by roadworks, I can turn on the lights and siren and shoot past them'. There were no delays!
My other appointment is the Service Engineers dept saying expect him on Wed 27th - 8a.m. to noon for the naff chair motor :huffin: It is almost a month since chair was delivered.
Take care all. :grouphug: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:40 am

Today is the 26th anniversary of my son's passing age 28.
So it must also be a year since this forum was rocked by threat of division, owing to a former member's heartbreak.
We became all the more determined to keep the forum going and have succeeded.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Sorry for my absence, unfortunately I could not do anything about it. Dear Vannin wish I could give you a hug right now. As you say despite everything we are still here and chatting to each other. I am having a few problems with my laptop, also other issues, I do hope yourself and Trixie are doing ok despite everything, :bighugs: :bighugs: 'Especially your heart strings Vannin' Love to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes