Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby laurie53 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:18 am

Must be cooler, slept until 8.30!
laurie53

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:39 am

Much cooler, bearable in fact! Hard to believe the other stuff happened. But the valleys of The Chilterns and Thames Valley are suffering the aftermath as Bourne End and West Wycombe are among the flooded places, like many parts of the country. Sadly there is much more rain to come and possibly more stormy weather. Rising temperatures are expected in the week, again.
Last edited by vannin on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Hello everyone, opened the curtains to light rain this morning, it has been dry but murky all day until now, can see rain on my kitchen window again. You are right Laurie it certainly is much cooler and a blessed relief for some of us. Just take care of yourselves that is the main thing--------where has that Maisie gone ??????
Hugs to all from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Mawnin! Don't have to get up yet! :-(
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:26 am

Good morning everyone. Still cooler and dry so far this morning but there was some in the night. I found Saturday very cool and it was hard to believe we had been having temperatures in the mid-thirties. People living nearby had (large!) hailstones, but we were spared the hail. Thank goodness because it might be the last straw for Trixie. She is staying close to home and clingy, since being out in Thursday night's storm. Wishing all a good week and a hug from me and Trixie. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am

Morning all, The sun has just appeared, no sign of rain. Getting warmer again. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Afternoon everyone, after rain overnight it is much fresher thank goodness, and for sure the garden has appreciated a drink. So pleased to hear the hailstones were avoided because of little Trixie, by what I heard they were very large and could have knocked her out, bless her.
Love the sleepy pic from Ciderman, hope all ok with you in NZ.
Hope you are ok Vannin, big hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Good morning all.Nice sunny day but a lot cooler thank goodness.I have been hoovering and was not sweating :roll:
Little Logan is now up in Wales enjoying a week with mummy and daddy.They have had a lot of rain so far though.

I must do a shopping on line soon for delivery tomorrow.First one in a fortnight.How often do you all shop on line please.

I must get my shoes on one morning and go walking for a while,instead of thinking about it :mrgreen:

Have a lovely day and be careful. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi maggeigh. My Sainsbury's arrived at 9.45am. Usually order every ten days. The weather is nice and sunny at present bur blowing. We did have some rain last night and some is due later. So sorry Logan is having a wet time but knowing children I don't think it will bother him at all. Had to laugh, thinking parents takining him on holiday, won't be long before he is taking them. Have a good day, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, the weather is just right here at present. Not too warm, not chilly or windy, but sensibly sunny with a gentle breeze. I nipped into town, only needing a TV schedules mag and the chemist and a little word with the bank about the overdue nature of any correspondence I didn't receive lately. Even with a long queue outside, when the staff member moves along the queue to ask our intended business, and I say 'Enquiries',(which was ripe for changing to 'complaint') I am moved up to the front! They are getting used to me now. I realise there can be postal delays owing to Covid, but the bank Head Office is very slow in sending savings info, tho' has improved the timing of monthly statements. I now have the right phone number to give them a rolicking.
Having arrived home, I realise I left my TV magazine on WHS counter!! Age and mental confusion! It was only 75p wasted, and I shall go out again for another one.

Maggie, I shop online each week. Originally it was monthly then fortnightly but now each Monday. The amount I used to pay per month order over 5 years ago, average £64, was less than I now pay for a weekly order, average £84. About £20 of that is Trixie. Vet on Thursday and this time our transport will be a pet taxi from Paddy's Pets! Her itchy patches have become sores from all the scratching and I hope none are infected. The benefit of steroid injecting only lasts a fortnight, not four weeks, poor little mog. When I came home, she hadn't moved from her sleep on the table.
Hugs from us both to all especially Dita and Dolly :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:02 pm

I spoke too soon. Here it comes, tipping down again! We were warned more was due. :hide:
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Same here. Went in lovely sunshine for an hour by the canal. Lots of activity today and the it started. We have just got home and it is very sunny again. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi everyone, have had one of those days, not sure whether I am coming or going that's for sure. Poor Dolly has yet to have her run so I cannot stay.
Please take care and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Morning all, started to rain at 9.45am and still going strong. Looks as though we have lots to come.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Good afternoon everyone, very dull and humid, also threatening rain at the moment. Expecting my grocery order to arrive within the next hour. my highlight of the week Yippee! Hope everyone are keeping well and not behaving themselves. Hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes