Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Hope the caravan arrives in Bulgaria OK, Twin1947. hopefully you will have read their message before you have read this :) I really do like to check that I have ordered the right size when buying clothes now-a-days, they do vary so much it is almost impossible and online it is a nightmare. One of my favourite things these days is watching the birds in my back garden flying onto the aviary wire and taking cockatiel food. I have 3 cockatiels only now-a days and they are over 20 yrs old. :bighugs: Just been checking and have a male who is at least 25yrs old--------- :roflmao:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:26 pm

dita wrote:Hope the caravan arrives in Bulgaria OK, Twin1947. hopefully you will have read their message before you have read this :) I really do like to check that I have ordered the right size when buying clothes now-a-days, they do vary so much it is almost impossible and online it is a nightmare. One of my favourite things these days is watching the birds in my back garden flying onto the aviary wire and taking cockatiel food. I have 3 cockatiels only now-a days and they are over 20 yrs old. :bighugs: Just been checking and have a male who is at least 25yrs old--------- :roflmao:

I find it amazing these little birds live so long. My neighbour has had cockatiels a while. Does anyone have any ideas on the average life span of robins? I don't put out bird food because it is not sensible for a cat-owner to possibly cause tragedies. But there used to be a robin that would wait for my husband to start mowing the lawn then walk after him in the wake of the mower, up and down, the whole lawn/s. Our (then) cats stayed away because they (perhaps) hated the noise. After I was widowed, robin-friend appeared on the fence sometimes, it was sad. But it didn't follow my lady gardener. I saw one this year, seemingly slightly tame, but thought it couldn't be the same one after ten years have gone by?
By coincidence, my lovely grandson sent me a sweet surprise, received today. A little robin lapel brooch which he bought for me on holiday.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:32 pm

dita wrote:Good afternoon everyone, Been trying to find an interesting subject to set up a lively forum discussion on this thread but apart from mundane stuff and brexit it is hard to find a light enjoyable discussion which will encourage activity on here. Hope you are all keeping well. big hugs from Dolly & me xx

I don't know about light and lively, but this very day I have had cause to ponder the question of 'Politeness', and contrasting young and old, or 'in our day' and ' in their day'.
It was brought on by a rather upsetting experience this morning, and I will now start a new thread to expand on it.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi Everyone. Dont know if this helps VANNIN :) A robin’s lifespan is just 13 months on average due to high mortality among robins in their first year. Once they’ve passed that barrier, they stand a much better chance of surviving for quite a while – the record currently stands at 19 years
Hope that answers your question Vannin, it is a bit vague though.
It has rained all day long here and it has been almost dark, my little Cockatiels have not appeared out today for food, and I dont want to disturb them as I am sure they are better off inside where its warm.
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Good evening everyone.It will soon be dark here and curtains closed until tomorrow morning.The evenings seem to last forever now. :doh:

At drawing yesterday we drew high heeled shoes all different styles from our era.The teacher wore them once upon a time,she is 70 now.And wears trainers mainly.
I felt so grown up when I had my first pair of heeled shoes,they were beige. :roflmao:

I do think back to when I was a teenager sometimes,memories. :mrgreen:

I am seeing Logan on Saturday for a few hours,then I come home.Then a couple of hours later off to my daughter's to doggy sit while she goes out.

My granddaughter is 22 today and she has gone to Budapest this afternoon to meet a friend and celebrate.A uni chap has gone with her,the same as last year.

Sad news here today,a man in bottom flat collapsed with a heart attack Tuesday afternoon and died he was only 51.Left a wife and 2 grown up teenagers. :cry:

Now time to close all curtains dark at 5pm. :dunno: Have a good evening all. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi maggieh, black as anything here. getting colder. So sorry about your man below. Suddenly realized my granddaughter will not be home for Christmas. She is due home in January so will be spending Christmas with relatives of family out there. The pictures she sends of places are fabulous, lovely beaches etc. Always used to wear high heel until a hip operation. Enjoy your time with Logan this Saturday.Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Good afternoon.Just having a 5 minute break from putting fairy lights up around my fireplace.Hopefully I will leave them up all year round,there not for Xmas.My daughter has them up in her living room and they looked good.
My evening of dog minding was a bit tiring.Before daughter went out she put a collar thing round Basil's neck so he wouldn't scratch his eye.BUT he got off the settee and walked around,then he wanted to get back comfy on settee,but he couldnt get on it on his own.I was trying to watch Strictly :roflmao: So I helped him up,but he didnt like that.So he barked at me and got up on his todds.
Daughter came home at 10 which I was pleased about,I had a thumping headache and wanted to get home.Phoned a taxi but it never came by 10.30.So had to call again,got indoors at 11pm.
I have just seen a video of Logan roller skating,he is doing well since a fortnight ago.I used to love rolling skating many moons ago when I was a youngster.

Your granddaughters time is going quick in Sydney Penny.Hope you are all keeping well. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi Maggieh, so pleased your busy weekend is over. Saw some of Strictly, very good this week apart from the usual background noise. Had words with granddaughter yesterday, told he if she wasn't coming home I would go out there. She said Oh please do. Daughter in-law taken to hospital last Tuesday with appendix problem, out on Friday/. Seems they are putting of that operation and giving antibiotics. Just spoke to her and she sounds o.k. after plenty of rest at home. Had mine taken out years ago. Just hope hers does not flare up again. Your little lights sound great. . Take care and no more dog sitting. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Evening all, hope everyone is OK and keeping warm. Had some lovely sunshine but very cold. Had planned to go and sit by the lake and the the clouds came over making it too dark and miserable. Almost pitch black now and wind beginning to increase. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello, all.
Yet more rain and gloom ... And this is only November. The thought of months more of weather like this, not to mention snow and ice and little daylight fills me with despondency. Thomas Hood said it best: No sun, no moon, no morn, no noon. No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day. No sky - no earthly view etc., etc. ...

Willingham-by-Stow, where I grew up is partly under water and houses are flooded. Flooding used to happen when I was growing up when the R. Till overtopped its banks and other drainage dykes weren't cleared of weeds and rubbish but there weren't so many houses then, on land which floods so people's homes weren't inundated. Poor Willingham. I feel so sad and wish there was something I could do to help but, without a tractor and trailer or similar tall vehicle, you can't even get into the village at present.

Sorry, I can't find anything cheerful to say so please ignore my mithering and I'll go away until something good happens to write about. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:05 pm

HI all, yes Andere, very miserable and dull everywhere. But, don't let it get you down, It has always been changeable as the years go by but it is our age which makes us feel it more. When I lived in Lancashire the river used to flood and one had to travel miles more to get to me. Have a laugh, my friend in Utah America, hates warm weather and today he said he awoke to find everywhere covered ...(as he put it) .... with the white stuff, I told him not to send it over here. :please: Hope everyone is O>K> and ready to get over this dull stuff. Went to Lidl today, they have quite a few nice packets of Xmas cards and wines etc. Take care and start posting. cheers Penny :please: :please:
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 am

Morning all, what a start to a day. Been raining all night and when hubby popped into the village he found the main road lightly flooded and water had got into the village shop. I think it has just about stopped now, never known flooding here before. Hope everyone is up and about and keeping cheerful. Any more new drawing Maggieh.

Take care all, big hugs for Dolly and all little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 am

Good morning from a soggy Kent.Feel so sorry for the folks with the flooding.So heartbreaking when you see them on the news.Ive to go to the shop with my rain gear on.Mr Noddy will be here around oneish,then I will ring a taxi for him at 6.His time he likes to go,after dinner. :roll:

Yesterday at drawing we drew necklaces,earrings that we had to take from home.Next week we have to take a handbag in to draw.Only got 2 more lessons then we are packing up until January next year.Teacher is going to France for xmas in her home.

Think I will have to turn all my heating on low now,its getting quite chilly here.Roll on lighter nights and warmer weather.I don't do cold or dark evenings.Warmer in bed really.

Hope your daughter in law is getting better now,Penny.
Have a good day everyone and wrap up warm if going out.Dita will be out playing football with Dolly. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:46 am

Morning all, a bit drab looking out after plenty of rain during the night. Some more forecast plus a little snow, D,I.L o.k. maggieh, the antibiotics worked all she has to do now is be careful, lifting etc. Hope everyone else is O>K> Had our heating on for some time now, not keen on being cold at all. Take care all and keep warm/ cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Good afternoon.What a unpleasant day.Cold,wet and windy.
I have been out this morning with Janet and her hubby,we went to primark,I brought a pair of slippers,It feels like i am walking on sponges at the moment,bouncy. :roll:

Not sure if I am going to see little Logan tomorrow yet.Depends on the weather in the morning,he is going out at 1pm with a friend and daughter in law.It takes me a hour to get there.So Id only be there 2 hours.Then on way home again.

Glad to hear your daughter in law is better now Penny.

I am now going to close all my curtains to keep some warmth in.Its been dark most of the day. :sad:

Have a nice evening everyone and keep warm.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes