Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:01 pm

I don't know about 'not enough action'. ANYthing in laboratory research is over long periods of time. A friend of my daughter had to be apart from her small son for three months in the Spring, while working in the Oxford labs at the start of vaccine search.. There were gruelling working conditions because they had not enough PPE.
By now reunited with her son, she was shocked rigid last week, to receive a call to take him out of school because he tested Covid-positive.
While on health topic, my Fybromyalgia flared up at the weekend and bit me. There is only one medication that works and that is CBD (now legalised here. It has been legal in the U.S.A for over ten years in some states).This morning I felt well enough to rush into town to get some. The first capsule has shown slight benefit.
I have been free from flare-ups since the New Year and foolishly thought it had gone away!!
Hoping everyone with health problems is improving. Stay safe.
Dita, I hope you two have your peaceful village back again! Trixie and I send love to you and Dolly xxx
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:44 am

Here you are Penny. Your age group is second on the list.
This interim ranking of priorities is a combination of clinical risk stratification and an age-based approach, which should optimise both targeting and deliverability. A provisional ranking of prioritisation for persons at-risk is set out below:

older adults resident in a care home and care home workers1
all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1
all those 75 years of age and over
all those 70 years of age and over
all those 65 years of age and over
high-risk adults under 65 years of age
moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
all those 60 years of age and over
all those 55 years of age and over
all those 50 years of age and over
rest of the population (priority to be determined)2
The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi everyone, sorry to hear your Fibromyalgia has popped up again, hope those meds help sort it out fast, I could do with some for my joint and anxiety. As I am keeping a very low profile because of isolating I keep mmmm on almost everything :)
I also enjoyed to days service from Westminster Abbey, having a lockdown does have the odd advantage.
Love and Hugs Vannin, from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks for info vannin. I wrote a screed this morning and looking now cannot find it. Was telling you my son has been here all day now fixing up my garage freezers etc. We had a laugh, I said it was good of him to bother and he replied. I am doing them for me, if you decide to pop off I need them in good condition to sell. Cheeky devil, good job we share the same sense of humour.
I wish folk would take a minute to post, I am running dry, expect you feel the same.
Hope you and Dita are on the mend. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:37 pm

You must be very special Penny, neither of my sons have done much for me, apart from making sure they have got things sorted before I actually pop off, you will have to give me your secret in case I come back to have another go at being a Mum. Not only that both Vannin and myself post almost everyday and apart from Maggieh we are the few apart from yourself who post on here, and you say YOU are running dry. Could go on night shifts I suppose :) I am only jesting though ?? Pleased to hear that your husband is soon on his way home xx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:11 pm

It must be wonderful to have family living near so that they come round often. Since last Christmas (less than 48 hours they spent here) they have come three times only, in March, July and September, and who knows how this Christmas will be? The March visit was just my daughter. Last time, the three of them.

Yes, we are very sparse on Anything Goes. Ciderman and Maisie and Laurie popped in and out during the week. I would think Maggie's splinted finger might not still need the splint? My trigger finger was due to be un-splinted in six weeks, but it was such a bother keeping it dry, I took it off after three weeks, and found finger/hand/forearm exercises to keep doing. I am getting there but forget the exercises quite easily! The whole palm is tender.
I hope you are feeling OK Dita. Lots of love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:55 pm

If anyone is interested in taking part in a survey about fireworks:
https://www.marcolonghi.org.uk/campaign ... rks-survey
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:35 am

vannin wrote:It must be wonderful to have family living near so that they come round often. Since last Christmas (less than 48 hours they spent here) they have come three times only, in March, July and September, and who knows how this Christmas will be? The March visit was just my daughter. Last time, the three of them.

Yes, we are very sparse on Anything Goes. Ciderman and Maisie and Laurie popped in and out during the week. I would think Maggie's splinted finger might not still need the splint? My trigger finger was due to be un-splinted in six weeks, but it was such a bother keeping it dry, I took it off after three weeks, and found finger/hand/forearm exercises to keep doing. I am getting there but forget the exercises quite easily! The whole palm is tender.
I hope you are feeling OK Dita. Lots of love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx

Good morning Vannin. I am still splinted up,and will be for a while yet.I have not got a trigger finger after all.I have a injury in the joint of my finger.Gosh it has been so painful,but people much worse off than me.
Take care and keep safe.Everyone else take care too. :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:57 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny and dry. Looking out I can see just one or two white puffs so fingers crossed for rest of day. Mentioning fingers, ,my daughter bought us both a gadget which is a very good idea for stiff fingers and such. Imagine a little stool about 3 inches long by 3/4 in wide. Four legs in a row. You hold the stool and then play the legs like a piano. Just press away in any order. She also bought one of those bicycles you sit in a chair and pedal away. Had a laugh yesterday, son had fixed a new door bell and this one he fixed to ring on my office stuff. Talk about frightening the daylights out of me. Someone rang and a loud voice said, There is someone at the door: together with a picture on my machine.
Wish others would come back if only to say they are O>K> . Where is Poohdog and Maywalk.?
Talking of Christmas, son lives about 5 miles away and I mentioned perhaps we would not be able to get there for Xmas, he said he had already checked and it would be o.k. So fingers crossed once again.
Take care all and do keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:24 am

Maggie, I do hope it is not your painting hand, especially after you bought the easel and expected to do painting during the main lockdown?
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Goodmorning All.
Good to see you are all well.
I am too busy farming lately to post..
Beautiful sunny day here about to put the washing out to dry.
Take care all.
twin1947

Postby dita » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi everyone, nice to see you twin, I hope you are keeping well. I was a farmer worker years ago, did potato picking on school hols, also because I lived next door to a farm got involved with doing most land work especially working with Boxer and Kit ploughing, arrowing, dragging, working in the chaff-hole during the summer, I loved it. Yes it does keep you busy, but it seems more folk from Eastern Europe are doing that kind of work in place of Brits ??

Ha ha Penny , 5 miles is just around the corner, our nearest shop is nearly as far, the only thing nearer is the post box :)
Hope you are ok Vannin and Trixie, hugs and love to you both from Dolly and me xxx Take care everyone look after yourselves xx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 pm

In school holidays I was on my grandparents' farm and observed most of 'the mens' seasonal work but helped with potato picking up till the school holiday when I was 16. The following year I only had a fortnight and on the first evening I was swept of my feet by the Squire's son age 23. (Central Ireland still had squires!!) having by then spent almost ten years in female company apart from Grandad and the uncles and neighbours. As you can imagine, it was a busy fortnight, Jimmy calling round in both daytime and evenings!
Returning to the new job in England, happy with his promise to write, of course he never did, the lying toad!! That's men :roll: . Poor Jimmy drank himself to death some years ago. Surprise surprise, not long ago, on Facebook I saw what could be his double, the same red hair and same uncommon name, young man named John. His youngest son (teetotal!).
So I 'friended' him. He had heard the story from long ago, and he has 3 gorgeous red-haired children.
You have started me off now. I remember any named animals from 1945 on my first visit age 3. The horse and mare were Paddy and Molly. The sheepdogs were Prince and Major. Rides on the hay-shifter started the following year , wow! My grandmother cooked for a kitchen full of men, churned her butter, made soda bread and apple pie and never stopped working.
Dita, you said about the Eastern Europeans doing farm work on Brit farms, which has been the case for many years. But a few months ago, I read that more English folk were needed because there was a shrinkage in foreign labour. I think students found it a useful source of earning if prepared for hard slog.
My posts are too long I know. But, while typing I forget all about the Fybromyalgia, till I try to stand up. The CBD capsules are starting to kick in now.
Take care everyone and stay safe. Dita, I hope you are having a better week. Trixie and I send love to you
and Dolly xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am

Sorry about my other post folks, can't seem to get anything right today. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Just had news, hubby coming home on Monday. Not sure what time.
cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes