Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Greetings, all. I thought I should drop by and say hello as some of you expressed good wishes on a quiz thread yesterday.

Penny, I do hope your OH is continuing to make good progress. I can well understand how worried you must have been. We all make silly, disparaging remarks about our men (even if we mean them not-too-seriously) but when they're suddenly ill, we realise how vulnerable and how special they really are.

Life here plods on. Things are pretty c****y. OH's inquest was last week. No surprises: death occurred as a result of injuries received in a road traffic collision. I don't really want to get into all that. I'm mostly still staying away from forums and newsgroups because I am just too fragile and flaky for the chitter-chatter. Thank heavens for my cat who gives me a reason to get up each day.
Maybe I'll be back on a regular basis one day but not yet. Take care, all and if you have a OH, give him/her a hug because it's awfully lonely when you can't.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Good evening. Yes, I am late but I feel fine, mostly because I sorted a problem with Amazon, which took time. Best of all, I have decided not to use them any more because this was the third time they let me down. They do it at this time of year - very aggravating. Temp drivers, dump deliveries anywhere.

I hope everyone is OK, I can almost read the weather from Trixie, like when she gives a conversational little meow-meow when popping out, it usually means 'Colder today, be back soon'. More cuddly when she feels cold too! Penny your forecasts are descriptive and you should work with Tom Shaffernacker. That may not be the right spelling but I have always wanted to type his name, this is my best effort!
Dita, I bet little Dolly is less keen on the outside when cold. Love to you both from Trixie and me.xxx
Last edited by vannin on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Andere, I only saw your post after posting mine. I can imagine the distress of that long wait for the inquest. Remembering nearly 50 years ago now, the waiting for my mother's inquest, but slight relief afterwards. We understand how it is difficult to post on forums and truly appreciate your message today. Take care and stay safe in the cuddly company of LK! Love and hugs. xx
Last edited by vannin on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am

Morning all, rather cold and dismal today. Dark clouds and looking like rain. Difficult to keep cheerful on days like this but one has to try. Just to remind myself I read the little bit I wrote years ago. below......

Its easy to be miserable, just glare and pull a face.
Find fault with each and everyone,let tempers set the pace.

Its hard work being cheerful, takes a lot of effort.
To smile all day and keep the peace, when of humour the is nought.

So from today, keep up that smile,send gloom and doom a packing.
Try to bring some sunshine, to where its sadly lacking.

Its well worth it.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am

Superb poem Penny, love it. With you, Ciderman and Maisie, we have poetry and memoir authorship and our artist Maggie too, a batch of talent in one small forum.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Good morning all, I am more on-the-ball today. Decided to make a start on wrapping the family presents as a change from the cards which, although addressed, need signing. I know it is too early but I take the chance while my hands are not too bad. What started as one trigger finger is now also two painful palms, the ligaments I think. The wrist and hand surgeon, five years ago, warned me (and he is world-renowned!)
Trying to write is the worst pain, typing much easier. I am taking note of Penny's poem though. :hi:
It was good to see Andere's post. Dita, did you find the soup lady? Take care, love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Hello everyone, Andere how great to see you posting again, its been an awful long carry on and what has happened is bad enough without having to wait so long for the inquest. This Covi thing is an extra burden for us all too. I have been isolating and still am. I certainly haven't forgotten you but have neglected you and lots of folk. Sorry.
Penny I love your poem and how true it is, you sound easier now you have your husband back with you, I also took note of what you said Vannin about our artistic members on our little forum, we should be proud, Dolly considers me her maid------so that's one up for me :) + the football of course???
You certainly are on the ball with wrapping Xmas presents, wish I could say the same. You asked about the soup lady, found out the day before yesterday, I have only seen her a couple of times and she has done the same to a couple of other folk too, it was very thoughtful but odd to do it without a note. Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie xxx and take care all from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:55 am

Good morning everybody. Dita, perhaps the lady is shy. I occasionally have the urge to do something similar but then decide to identify myself - otherwise people misunderstand the intention or look upon you as a trespasser which is also a misunderstanding. In fact I often beat myself up thinking I have 'transgressed'! In fact my self-confidence has never been plentiful! Covid lockdowns worsen insecurities.

I miss the regular commitments that involved mixing. The weekly Movers and Shakers which may or may not start up again next year. The twice-a-week choral singing for nearly 40 years, the other church people we saw on Sundays, the weekly coffee mornings. A meal out every 4 or 6 weeks. All different sets of friends and only "regular" chat with five (one person each month on average!!). I know there are many people coping less well so I must be lucky.
Penny, I keep that smile fixed! The plumbers young son now calls round to chat, staying at each end of the porch! He is a lovely lad.
Take care all and stay safe. Dita, our pets are the saviours, I am convinced. Hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx
Last edited by vannin on Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:32 pm

What a lovely blue sky today, tiny white puffs now and then but mainly clear. Had a heavy frost overnight leaving us very cold indeed. We may have this weather for a few more days before rain is due. Birds going crazy for food today, I do hope everyone is o.k. and keeping warm. Quite right vannin, a smile will help, specially with a young man on the premises. I haven't seen my young gardener now for several weeks. Hope he is O>K> Do take care all and look up not down. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Lot of fog this morning, sun tried to peep through but it is going cloudy and very cold now.
Vannin yes! you may well be right about the soup lady, however she has quite a reputation in the village :) it was still very kind of her though to be thoughtful towards me.
You are certainly right about our pets been our saviours, they are much more honest than the majority of folk these days.
Funny how some folk can tell others what to do but cannot do the same themselves :)
Take care all, and love & hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:47 am

Morning all, very cloudy and cold today. Expected heavy frost but fog instead. I hope all sleeping well and not worrying about this Virus, Paper seems to be half virus and half item sales. Not a good time to spend money I think. Soon be Xmas not even thought about it yet. Not buying any presents, just giving cheques. That way I cannot give the wrong thing to anyone. Do you give presents each time, I used to but not worth the trouble going shopping now. Looking out it is still rather foggy here. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Good morning everyone. Rather a chilly day and damp here.This is the first year that I am not buying presents.Only to buy for Logan daughter in law said.As her and son don't want anything :roll: Well as it has been a weird year so far it doesn,t seem like Xmas is looming up.We are in Tier 3 come december 2nd.

My splint won't stay on so I gave up wearing it,but still in a lot of pain with the finger.Go back to the hostipal on 10th December on public transport,yucky.

Have any of you had the winter fuel payment go into your bank yet please?I had a letter to say I will be getting it,but if not had it by 23rd December to get intouch.

Shopping delivery coming between 3 and 5pm today.

Hope you are all keeping safe and well.Hows your hubby doing Penny? :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all, very cloudy and cold today. Expected heavy frost but fog instead. I hope all sleeping well and not worrying about this Virus, Paper seems to be half virus and half item sales. Not a good time to spend money I think. Soon be Xmas not even thought about it yet. Not buying any presents, just giving cheques. That way I cannot give the wrong thing to anyone. Do you give presents each time, I used to but not worth the trouble going shopping now. Looking out it is still rather foggy here. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny

Good morning everyone. Penny your weather seems to have done the opposite to mine! I expected thick fog and got heavy frost. Maybe it will reverse itself this afternoon. I rushed into town because there is no nicer errand than finding an empty post office, and I have been lucky three times with it during lockdown periods. Maybe the PO will be overflowing again after the 2nd when the tiers come in place of l-down. Now Bucks has been given tier 2, will it still include Milton Keynes - I think I heard it might come under Beds?
My giving of presents is only to the three immediate family members and two friends. This year, I have done all of it by online ordering, no personal shopping.
The buying of stamps is my moan today. The lowest rate for S. Ireland (Europestamp) is £1.45, same as for lowest rate USA, which I don't mind so much. Only sending 5 cards to each of those countries plus the 30 inland and 6 by hand.
Take care everyone, Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:08 pm

maggieh wrote:Good morning everyone. Rather a chilly day and damp here.This is the first year that I am not buying presents.Only to buy for Logan daughter in law said.As her and son don't want anything :roll: Well as it has been a weird year so far it doesn,t seem like Xmas is looming up.We are in Tier 3 come december 2nd.

My splint won't stay on so I gave up wearing it,but still in a lot of pain with the finger.Go back to the hostipal on 10th December on public transport,yucky.

Have any of you had the winter fuel payment go into your bank yet please?I had a letter to say I will be getting it,but if not had it by 23rd December to get intouch.

Shopping delivery coming between 3 and 5pm today.

Hope you are all keeping safe and well.Hows your hubby doing Penny? :bighugs: :bighugs:

Hi Maggie,
I took off my splint and went about a week without it. I was too full-on with exercising the finger and made it worse, so back with the splint.
I got the letter re fuel payment but not had a statement yet to check it went in, even though I I considered it 'in the bag' at the time . Having second thoughts now.

It is great to see you posting. Good luck at the hospital and on public transport. My next eye apptmt is a week after that on the 17th. Take care and stay safe. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:20 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I do hope all is ok with you all despite all the restrictions we are having to face. Like you Penny I am sending cheques too instead of my usual present shop. Lincolnshire is going up to Tier 3 as is the other places I have family. Will be posting to Australia and Russia + a dozen or so in the UK-Ireland-Wales, its hard to create a lot of enthusiasm this year because of all the hype surrounding our most enjoyable time of the year which is for family get togethers etc. I shall be delivering around a dozen cards around the village, we do that each year for each other but sadly as new people are arriving while us oldies are going elsewhere to finish our days, the cards shared are dwindling somewhat as years go by. Take care all and Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes