Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Good to hear from you maggie. Hope finger is on the mend, same with vannin, how did it happen.?
Son sent off card to friends in USA expected to take about 8 to 10 day. Did you know you can now send the cards on here, son told me he did it last week and you are given a special number, pay on line and don't have to go to the post office, just put whatever in the post box. Fantastic,and worth a try. Our weather has been dark and misty nearly all day. Started to lift after lunch but getting misty now. Take care all and do keep warm. Hubby doing very well. Hope Logan is still doing well, cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:26 am

Good morning everybody, on a crisp cold one. I am shaping up my orders to fit with having an earlier mini-Christmas! Expecting to look in later.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Morning all, what a dull old day. No mist or frost so must not grumble. Nothing planned today, as usual., looking at TV amazing how many times certain shows have been repeated. Like today, Midsummer murders starts at 12,55 and goes on with a small break until 9 pm. a short Endeavour and then Midsummer starts again. :lol: See M & S are closing shop on Boxing day for the first time. Who shops on Boxing day.? I must be out of date. :lol: Hope all have a super day, keep smiling. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Good afternoon Penny,Vannin and Dita.Nice bright day here at the moment.I haven't been out and don't intend too.Getting used to being indoors everyday,got things to keep me amused though.I can speak to my echo dot and she will answer me.I think you may have one of them Penny.

I play on a game called Hay day it is a farming game where you feed animals and grow crops it is addictive though but passes the time.

Don't forget Strictly tonight ladies.Enjoy.

Enjoy your day and evening.
maggieh

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone, this is a real quickie cos this computer needs sorting and I am a thicky??? Hi Maggieh I am looking forward to Strictly too, how is your finger doing? Take care and stay well my friends. Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Looking at my earlier entry, realised I was looking at the wrong day. The programmes I mentioned are tomorrow. Stupid me. Looking forward to Strictly. cheers penny :dunno:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi all, now I am back!
Dita, I hope you are soon able to solve the computer probs, and hope forums can still be visited in spite of it all.
I have seized-up all over again. The early November week the Fybromyalgia got me after a few good months and lasted less than a fortnight then lifted for a week when I started the pills. Well, it has returned with a vengeance and my head is the only part of me not in pain, which I am glad about. I was only taking half-dose CBD so I have gone on two a day. I suspect this colder weather is largely to blame. Arthritic knees too of course.
So I have brought a hot water bottle to bed, the first time in about forty years, to hug in feeble arms!

Take care everybody. Trixie and I send love to Dita and Dolly. I hope all is well with you apart from the computer. xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 am

Morning all, what a dull day. NOt so cold and no rain. but not very inviting to go out. So, staying put as per. I hope everyone is keeping well and looking forward to Christmas. Had a lovely surprise this morning, Had just fed my birds when six young Crows arrived for breakfast. They must have been very hungry as they usually fly in twos but I was thrilled. Been quite a few years since we had Crows, must be a shortage of food for them. Then along came neighbours cat for breakfast treat. Following the cat, along came hubby for his breakfast so it returned to normal with us both eatng and reading the Sunday paper. I do hope you are feeling a little better vannin, must be dreadful for you. Bad enough aching in one place. Pleased you have water bottle, I alway use one if the weather is doubtful. I bought mine from boots and also bought a bottle cover which is similar to a cat's fur, make it a very cosy cuddle. Worth a try. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Blimey Vannin I really do feel for you, arthritis and the like are bad enough without Fybro as well. Nothing really replaces the hot water bottle, and funnily I still got my Mums pot one from the war days, she used to fill it with pebbles. weighed a ton. Please take of yourself, thank goodness the medication has kicked in, just thinking about it churns me up.
We have loads of crows. magpie, gulls and the like here Penny so you look after them and keep them my dear. We have loads of cats too and they don't deter them either. Have thought about a catapult (jesting of course) Love and hugs Vannin, from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Thank you Penny and Dita. The hot water bottle certainly helped. I bought it in January 2009 when I was about to tour parts of Spain and the last two nights would be quite high in Sierra Nevada, outside Granada. As hotel rooms are always warm, unlike the snowy conditions outside, it stayed in my luggage!
Was used for the first time last night. Penny, my hot water bottle was from Boots too, and I bought a blue cuddly cover for it. We had an electric blanket before that but never used it.
I don't see many crows, but magpies, wood pigeons and squirrels. I never liked magpies but there is one that seems to have latched on to here, recognisable by its habits. If stalking Trixie, it gets no reaction!
Sometimes parading on foot around the front lawn, it does square formations then goes onto the corner of the porch roof where it gets a view of me in my chair and I stare it out. Less often, it walks in the back garden.
There are plenty of Red Kites around too.
Take care everyone. Love and hugs Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:25 pm

So pleased you are feeling a little better vannin. Lucky you having Red Kites. Never had them here. My magpies are daring little devils, when I put food out for the birds the cat appears to pinch some and then the Magpies come to pick up food and they come daringly close to puss. I take it you are about to watch Strictly. Helps to take your mind off pain. Now do take care, keep warm and give a cuddle to puss. cheers Penny :please: :please:
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi everyone, think I have managed to sort out the computer problem for now. my brother-in-law usually sorts out these for me but they cannot visit at the moment, and I miss him, he does try to tutor me from afar :) sometimes it works ???
We don't have many Kites here either, but we do get Buzzard, Peregrine, Kestrels etc. We in the village mostly all of us have tables and bird feeders in our gardens, birds of prey are absolutely delighted and hover in wait before diving down to grab an unassuming little bird who is enjoying a meal. There is always two sides isn't there ?
Hope all is going well for everyone, love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Good afternoon on this chilly day.So lovely reading about all the different types of birds you are all getting in your gardens.I often get parrakeets outside my living room window ledge.

I asked on here the other day if anyone had had their Winter Fuel money,Vannin did reply.But at another group I go to there are loads of people had letters but no payment yet so I feel better about it now.I was thinking the money had gone astray.

I had a little chat with Logan on the phone yesterday which was very nice.I can,t visit him for a while :sad: Hope next year is better for us all,won't seem like Xmas this year.

Have a lovely evening and keep warm. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi maggieh, spoke to hubby about Fuel Money and he says. letters are posted in November but payments not made until December, Hope all is well, big hug for Logan. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 pm

After saying I was parting from Amazon, the process was not simple and I have been jumping through hoops for them today, so eager to get away because they let me down three times, which is far too many. Feeling drained after it and with luck, that was the bitter end. This November, after an assortment of online ordering from other companies, Royal Mail is having trouble coping so I am glad the deliveries almost all came through by now. The couriers are worse, I thought highly of Hermes but yesterday I had two texts; one saying Hermes will deliver between 2 and 4 and the second saying it had delivered at 1.30. Well, I had been at the window and it never came here, so I went searching. Some other lucky person has my 'Moonlight Nightlight' and I checked with the supplier this morning, she checked a photo taken by the courier, some place not remotely like my porch , so they log it as Lost in Transit and send me a replacement. Phew.
Not much else here, I hope to dash into town tomorrow, order a new chequebook (they used to come automatically) and ask about the warmth allowance, also to get more Fibro cure - or healing anyway. Hope everyone OK, take care and stay safe. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes