Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:43 am

Morning all, Lovely 1st of December. Beautiful blue sky with the occational white puff of cloud drifting over. Rather cold so keep warm folks and enjoy the sunshine. Won't be decorating the bungalow as we will be going to sons for Christmas lunch and then we won't see anyone about as usual. Hope you got your problems sorted vannin. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Almost sorted Penny! I am awaiting a promised confirmation of the Amazon 'divorce' today. I decided against a quickie trip to town and a good thing I did as I would have missed the lovely Boots deliverer of prescription repeats. As tomorrow is the freedom day from the short lockdown, it would be more leisurely and I would hopefully find my coffee shop open to spend 15 minutes. Can't be sure what will be open.

I have put up just a sketchy nod to decorations, and don't feel up to putting the usual lights on outdoor Christmas tree. There is so much rain and I can't see it holding off, so my battery box for the lighting would suffer. even when buried. It is a nice tree which used to be indoors then gardener planted it and it is my height now. There is a little indoor one, ancient now.
But I have a battery-powered set of 80 tiny lights on a kind of net which I can put up in the porch.
Take care you and hubby, and everyone visiting here today. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:27 pm

Good afternoon everyone, very cold but we have had a lovely sunny morning, hope you all have the sun today too. :grouphug:
Having just got the hoover out I have really got to do some work, there is mud on the rug also Dolly hair-------and a few of my own ??? :groaner:
Hope you are feeling easier Vannin, was gonna invite you for a game with Dolly then remembered the lockdown :) never mind eh! :) :roflmao:
Take care all, and love and hugs for you Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:15 pm

I was wrong about the height of outdoor Christmas tree, it is a t least 7 ft 6inches!! Shows I don't study my garden. It was past my height a year ago!
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:49 am

vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:29 pm

What a start to a day. Just heard from my friend in America that he had 4 and half inches of snow last night. Lewis Hamilon has got the virus. What ever next. I did however to check on the weather and found M>Keyes can expect rain,mist and sleet over the weekend. Keep warm folk and take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:48 pm

Good afternoon everyone, its a little chilly here in the sticks, but at least it hasn't rained. Just wondered if you two ladies above had ever met being as you are living in the same location. It is one of those days when there is not much to talk about, and it is easy to just be boring, Take care all and Hugs and Love to Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi Dita, no - Penny and I have never met. Bucks is a l o n g county from north to south, Penny in the North near Herts and Beds, me in the South near Berks and Oxfordshire! The distance between us is probably similar to the distance between me and immediate family, slightly over 30 miles.
Is anyone else having dire trouble in delayed letter post, even though December has just begun? We naturally expect seasonal late deliveries plus delays also now due to the Corona virus.
But, for a whole week now, postie with letter mail has not come anywhere near me. This is apart from the packages I already made enquiries about. Regular items of importance like bank statement which always vary by a few days, this time more than a week overdue. The programmes magazine 'What's on TV', I have a short-term subscription at silly expense because of lockdown. One is due today, that is OK because the progs don't renew till Saturday. But I still never had one for the current week!! So from last Sat, I have no newsprint guide of programmes, although I must say the schedules have not much worth watching.
Todays moan now shared (sorry) Have a good evening everyone, take care and stay safe. Love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Morning all,what a dark day. Been raining during the night and is still at it now. At least it keeps off the snow. I hope everyone is ready for Xmas. See the vaccine is starting its rounds .
Has anyone heard when it is due. Seems it is going in care homes first. Take care all and keep smiling. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all,what a dark day. Been raining during the night and is still at it now. At least it keeps off the snow. I hope everyone is ready for Xmas. See the vaccine is starting its rounds .
Has anyone heard when it is due. Seems it is going in care homes first. Take care all and keep smiling. cheers Penny

It will take a while. But the current rejoicing is because the UK is the first country ready to start. It is remarkable when you think (quoting Professor Van Tam), the whole progress since last March, has taken only Ten months against what would normally have been ten years. They must have heard you Penny!
I can't understand all the people who are determined to refuse it. WHY?

P.S. Warning of scattered snow showers in South East tomorrow.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Good afternoon on a wet cold miserable day.I have'nt been out today and no intention too either.

Vannin,I have been saying I do not want the vaccine ever since it was said one was being made.The reason I am not jumping for joy is.I don't want something put into me that hasn't been around for a year or more.No one knows how it will affect us as time goes on.
That is why I am not keen. :mrgreen: I have just had a long letter from Matt H.I expect Dita gets his fanmail too. :mrgreen:

I must get motivated and start xmas shopping on line this afternoon,throw some decorations around the room,even tho no one will be visting me. :sad:

Well have a jolly afternoon everyone.I am going to sing to some xmas carols. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi everyone we have hardly seen any light today and it has been raining most of the time. must be in sympathy with the virus. I had a fall yesterday and bruised my ribs, slipped on a little mud which Dolly had just brought in after our trip around the garden, I hadn't had chance to grab the towel which I normally do to avoid these little hiccups on my tiled floor. Needless to say I am sore and it doesn't help my chest. Hey Ho!
Yes Maggieh we shall have to sort the guy out between us------have you any suggestions???
I do hope all is ok with you all, take care please. Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from the tripper- upper and the victim :) :( xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Oh poor sore Dita, I am so sorry to read about your fall. They happen so easily. Dolly probably understands you are in a bad way, and has doggy sympathy. I hope it is easing today and your chest can be kept safe.
For the tripper-upper and victim, Trixie and I send love.xxx (Even gentlest hugs are best saved for now)
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks Vannin, I am struggling but not going to moan, like you said the tripper=upper is behaving very kindly towards her victim and has been exceedingly good today. We have got rain again and natural light is very limited again.
Must go for now but at least I have popped in to post and so helping to do my bit. Take care all and Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxThanks V & T xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Hope you are feeling a little easier today Dita. So easily done. Have to watch out this weather. Very dark and wet here been raining on and off for several hours and still having a go. Anyone heard when we will be receiving our doses of vaccine. Wonder if after all the fuss it will end up like the flu jab, once a year.? Do take care and keep warm. :please: cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes