Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:11 pm

It is all on the news ad infinitum about the vaccine: The care homes starting on Monday, followed by the over-eighties. So yes! I think we have all heard.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-04/cov ... -next-week
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Morning all, a beautiful sunny day, so far, I can see puffy clouds in the distance but at least no rain or snow forecast. a beautiful blue sky. Rather cold. Are you looking forward to Christmas?. Going to sons as per for Christmas day, anyone going away. ? Take care all and keep warm.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Good afternoon.Rather chilly here,but at least it is dry.I am waiting for my shopping delivery between 12-2pm.I thought it was him at 11.30 but it was the postman,

I am spending xmas day with my daughter and Basil,sleep there,then home next day.Don't think I will be seeing Logan though.

Hope you are feeling better today Dita.I had a fall out with some castors on a trolley yesterday.Have 2 sore toes now. :doh:

Don't forget Strictly tonight ladies. :mrgreen:

All take care and keep warm.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Good afternoon from sunny Lincs, at least it will help dry out the garden after all the rain, we are a bit prone to sinking in the gardens here. I am sick of hearing about the vaccine that is going to be such a Godsend, it is good news but it will not be a miracle. Its amazing to me that not everyone has heard already all about it starting to go around care homes starting Monday.
Hope your toes are feeling easier today Maggieh, I still feel pain in my ribs but at least its no worse. I shall be the same as last year this Christmas-----on mi tod----think that's what its called :)
Take care everyone and love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:27 pm

dita wrote:Good afternoon from sunny Lincs, at least it will help dry out the garden after all the rain, we are a bit prone to sinking in the gardens here. I am sick of hearing about the vaccine that is going to be such a Godsend, it is good news but it will not be a miracle. Its amazing to me that not everyone has heard already all about it starting to go around care homes starting Monday.
Hope your toes are feeling easier today Maggieh, I still feel pain in my ribs but at least its no worse. I shall be the same as last year this Christmas-----on mi tod----think that's what its called :)
Take care everyone and love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxxxx

I will be the same as you Dita. The 25th and 26th will be the same as every day. Although, as I mentioned, my daughter can get time off for the weekend 19th/20th so there will be a bit of early celebrating.
I get the constant daily news on TV, not bought a daily or weekend paper in a long time. Channel 231 for BBC rolling news, duplicating BBC 1 for most of the day. Most people with a TV surely watch one of the five main channels at least!!! It is edging into being Brexit deadlock and overkill again, deadline 31st,
At last the postie (or someone) brought my fortnight backlogged post! Dita, I do hope your soreness is healing, and Maggie, I send good wishes for toes to be better.
Stay safe everyone and love to Dita and Dolly.xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi Vannin, I just did a quick scan on here and noticed you were on yest, and apart from that noone today, so here I am. Your routine on the tele is almost identical to mine, I news channel 231 and BBC 1 where it is left on either one or the other most of the day , for company really.
Have had a bit of a downer today my tum feels painful while ribs feel easier, think it prob -----after-shock :) . Lots of Love to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx Look after yourself. also anyone else who pops in xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi Dita, I think I am a party pooper today. Good thing I am not expected anywhere! The aches of Fybro get around the body, so each morning on waking up, I wonder what surprise will be this time when I first get up out of bed. Yesterday and Friday, it was the right arm hurting, could hardly move it, certainly not raise it. Today it is the right knee again and a new one - the top of the foot, while the arm is improving.
I hope your tum will ease when you go to bed. Is it high up near the waist or low down?

Trixie is such a comfort, getting used to my wincing and groaning. I am sure Dolly won't be pestering you to play while your discomfort is obvious. Love to both of you from Trixie and me.xxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi Vannin just looked to see if you had been on before I logged off. I am sorry that the Fybro is still at, we are a right pair. OOH ! just noticed Thomaz my favourite weather man is on ---I feel much better now :) hee hee. The pain is around my waist area and I had an op in that area a few years ago, could be just a weak spot, my rib feels a little easier. Oh! well sod it ?? Dolly has been an angel today, but I know she would have enjoyed more attention. Love from us both to you two dear friends xxxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Evening all, kept signing in this morning but no one about so I left it for a while. The weather is so awful would think everyone has shut themselves indoors. I am so sorry you are both having health problems. Just heard from son, he and crew went to a friends this morning foe a bacon sandwich and chat and got lost in this fog. \took them an hour longer than normal. terrible. like that here, have not seen being or animal at all. Do take care and keep warm along with a smile. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:55 pm

Dita, so I am not the only Rowan member who is a fan of Thomaz Shaffernakker!!!! I hear he is an artist as well as weatherman. Do you know who is my favourite newsreader? Ben Brown.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Vannin I thought everyone knew about my opinion of Thomaz, all my family have known for a couple of years, my late Hubby used to tease me and shout " You weather mates on Dee"
He is a brilliant artist, his portraits are beautiful, one of Judy Dench is a wonderful likeness. I quite like Ben too :)
Love and hugs from Dolly and me to yourself and Trixie xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Thick blanket fog today. Can hardly see the houses opposite. So cold too brrrrr weather, Trixie not happy with it. Dita, I hope you are feeling better today.
On TV, I used to like Fergal Keane's voice, one of these rich reverberating atmospheric voices. He is hardly ever on now. But Ben Brown, it is not so much the voice as the personality, he seems ever dependable. Going back some years before the Beeb brought him 'indoors', he was always reporting from the worst international disasters. If it was an earthquake or floods, there would be Ben in the thick of it! Not war zones so much, it was usually Orla Guerin and before her, Kate Adey. Brave women.
When he then became a studio news reader rather than reporter, he seemed quite ill-at-ease at first, away from the 'freedom'. But once he settled down, he conveyed a very relaxed and friendly chap, and still is.
Not keen on Victoria Derbyshire, she starts to gabble, in a rush to deal with viewers' questions. I am growing to like Anita McVeigh and there is Joanna who I find good to watch. I couldn't do their job though.
Take care everyone, and love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny today, still very cold but a lovely day. Hope everyone is enjoying the same. Take care and have a good day. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone, another beastly foggy day and now to top it all it is raining, we have had no daylight to speak of for 3 days or so. Penny you must be a very righteous person because you have the sunshine. getting a bit worried if I take notice too much notice of the weather my reputation will take a dive :)
I agree about Ben he is a very natural communicator and I would imagine as nice to talk with as well as listen. Kate Adey was very good at her job too and I agree about Victoria Derbyshire.
Been having to stamp my foot at Dolly to get her outside, she doesn't like this weather and rain is a defo no no!.
As soon as I try to relax I fall asleep, sometimes I am holding my mug of coffee, maybe a good sleep at night would help, does anyone else have a similar problem?
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie, and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Dita I am so sorry your weather has been poor, so, I am sending some of mine over to you. Let me know know if yours starts to improve. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes