Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:15 pm

:grouphug: :grouphug: Don't know whats going on now. Take Care :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs: :dunno: :cheeky4: :sorry:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 pm

I spent the day 'standing by' , stupidly waiting for the phone to ring by the NHS, and having a lapful of a very loving Trixie (so I was 'sitting by' really :roll: ) for chunks of the day. It is the daftness of expectation, when I know this is officially only the first day of my age group being contacted. It may not come till month-end. :sad: But my eye injection is next week and I don't want the two lots of needle-stab to conflict. :please: On days like today, I just can't get anything done at all. Still, Little Miss has shown me I am not in the doghouse, :doghouse: She is sometimes forgiving within hours
What an eejit I am!! Take care and Dita, good luck with yours.xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Well Vannin you are certainly not on your own as far as been a fidget is concerned, and I am sure Dolly has taken after me in that respect. I shall be a good girl and just wait until they send me a date for my jab and whatever they want off me. I for sure wont be changing my routine, isolating hopefully is keeping me safe and I'm happy with that. Personally I keep wondering about the vaccine, is it going to be the life saver we are all relying on???? :grouphug: :doghouse: :bouncie:
My Gas boiler is gonna be service in March, I wonder which will be first------mi jab------or that??? :roflmao: Only jesting folks. :hide:
Take care everyone, and :Love and hugs for Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Had call yesterday afternoon, jab due on Wednesday afternoon. Arranged for pick up with daughter so this time tomorrow all will be over. Fingers crossed. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:42 pm

At last Penny. It seems to have been 'in the air' for a while now. How is hubby this week? You may find he has been given lots of reminders in hospital, that he must make the effort to do more himself and not expect you to go to his aid. Very difficult, as Laurie said, to watch him struggling. I expect your daughter will mention it to him more than once. She really sounds like my daughter, I hesitate to use the word 'bossy'!. Be thinking of you tomorrow.
Dita, you are setting an example of patience, and today I have given less thought to the phone except to dust it - there, that's me making the effort to remember h----w--k! :rolleye11: :oops:
I am sure all those 'science men' can't be wrong in their vaccine-faith they broadcast day after day. What I am finding hard to take is Hapless Hancock and other ministers repeating, like schoolboys or footie fans, the gleeful delight in the large number of vaccs performed, so the UK IS the BEST now we are ahead of the other countries instead of early slowness. Well, pity it was way down the world scale in infection rate. :exactly: I know it is vital to be completing millions, but their announcements have an immature sound. Hancock is now self-isolating after a test so he must be a contact. He had the virus a while ago didn't he.
Stay safe everyone and Love and hugs for Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Just got the Call! This Friday 22nd at the Town Hall!
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:37 pm

:roflmao: :grouphug: :hide: Congratulations Penny and Vannin :tantrum2:
Just wondering , because I am isolating-------does that mean I will wait while they are nearly finished :roflmao: :roflmao: :butt:

I send my love and hugs Vannin and Trixie to you both :bighugs: :bighugs: , and take care everyone. xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Dita, I would have thought they would slip you in at short notice, possibly on a weekend.
I expect we will hear how Penny got on, and whether aching arms might happen as they sometimes do after flu jabs.
Pleased to report the local Royal Mail deliveries seem to be back on track, and hope I am not being premature.
Been watching snatches of the build-up in Washington, and heard Trump's parting speech before boarding Air Force 1 for Florida. Same-old same-old. I gasped when he bragged at length re how his administration had done so much for veterans. This is the guy who, a few months ago, said 'All veterans are a waste of space'. Is it too much to hope we won't hear much more of him? His niece Mary is a brave, strong woman who has seen right through him, probably since her childhood. She spoke to BBC newsroom at length.
Stay safe everyone :grouphug: . Hugs and love from Trixie and me to Dita and Dolly xx :thinking: :thinking:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:08 pm

I do think after all the tragedies Joe Biden has overcome in his life, he is a strong man who is worth much admiration for what he has endured and truly understands the basics of life in the USA, infact the world .xxxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Evening all. Just back after the Jab. Simple as ABC. First, questionare asked about recent health such as flu etc. Next Do you take certain kind of tablets. Have you recently been abroad. Then the jab, so simple, did not feel it at all. Next sit in another room for fifteen minutes. Then off home Daughter said take two Paracotimal ? just in case. So This is an hour and half later and neither of us feel anything. Will let you know if any change before we retire. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:50 pm

dita wrote:I do think after all the tragedies Joe Biden has overcome in his life, he is a strong man who is worth much admiration for what he has endured and truly understands the basics of life in the USA, infact the world .xxxxxx

I agree he is strong and he has a kind face. I fear for his health and strength because I don't think any president in the past has had to put such a broken America back together again. I know he is not on his own but even with 'sprightliness' for his age, it is a daunting Herculean task. Hoping I am proved wrong.xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:27 pm

Time now 8.25. enjoyed sandwiches for tea, been watching TV till now. Might go to bed about 10.or 10,30 pm Thought I would bring you up to date, nothing to worry about. cheers penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 pm

Thank you for the report of it Penny. I am quite glad I got rather short notice, and it is a very convenient location for me, I can hop on and hop off the bus which is usually empty in the late morning. Not used it since a week before Christmas. When is hubby due home, has the hospital decided?
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 am

Thanks for the info Penny,not had a call yet but not a problem.
How are you today.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Morning all, Had a good night's sleep and awoke no pains in arm and no headache. So, go ahead anyone with doubts.

Hubby was sent home on Saturday afternoon. Son came and fixed all the wiring etc and got an indoor wheelchair. Hubby has nothing to do so we have managed very well With daughter taking us for vaccine yesterday we are now well up to date, Wish the weather would improve so that we can look out at sunshine instead of dark clouds. Must not grumble now. Take care all and have a good day.

cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes