Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Afternoon all, what a lovely day. I thought forecast last night said Autumn had arrived and weather was changing. So pleased it had a little setback. Just had a delivery from Sainsbury. I had ordered a ready meal of chicken, rice and sweet and sour sauce. Seem there was none left so I was sent Crispy Chicken, rice and sweet and sour sauce.
So, tried it an OH was delighted with it. Has said I am to order another one of same for next week. As my taste buds have vanished I can just taste the sweet and sour sauce so OH has a little rice and sauce with all the chicken. Works out well for the odd meal.Worth a try folks. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Hello Dita, I think you are both back from the vet visit, and I do hope it was a smooth event and little darling is feeling really comfortable after it.
I am listening to the new restrictions and thankful that our one household visited this household while still allowed to do so. I have had the birthday-present information from my daughter on Charlie's behalf! I do hope we will be allowed the usual get-together at Christmas, but not holding my breath.

The unhelpful man who let you down after giving you false hope for the hedge cutting should be ashamed, and I hope his memory might have been jogged so he has turned up today albeit late?
I trust everyone is alright and staying safe, love to all and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxx :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am

Morning all, what a surprise. Arose to find we had rain during the night and the sky was very dull. We were promised Autumn and it looks as tho' it has arrived. Have a good day all and take care.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Afternoon all, turned out quite sunny. Lovely surprise this p.m. grandson sent message that he was coming to clean up a lot of weeds etc and bringing all euipment so that we did not have to be in touch personally. He looked very well and said he is returning to Uni at the weekend which is very good news. So pleased for him. Just hope he gets results of the scan soo,. been 4 weeks so far. N>H>S> must be well overworked. Hope everyone is O>K> gets quieter every day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok, back to nearly square 1 with Covi.
Hello Vannin, what a day yesterday turned out to be--------Dolly was a really good girl at the vets, although I never got out of the car, the vet came and took her in and did the treatment returned 10mins later plonked her back on my knee and told me to ring and pay by card because they were not taking cash?? On arriving home the guy from down the road was just finishing cutting my hedge, he had managed to get home from work early and so popped to do the promised work, he has a petrol cutter so didn't need to use my electric so just got on with it. One big hiccup------ a smashed greenhouse glass pane????? accidently of course which meant I had to be diplomatic and not lose mi cool, he did repair the hole with some plastic but obviously now needs more attention. I was very grateful for the hedge cutting because it looks good again.
No time to tell you that the night before Dolly had found a way into nextdoors garden and tried to kill her bantam hen and two cats, she was like a wild animal I have never seen her like that ever.
All animals still alivebut------what a day. Lots of Love Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Oh dear Dita, that was right out of character for Dolly. I hope your neighbour hasn't noted the incident in a black book or 'turned funny' with you. Pets never fail to surprise, or even shock us sometimes. Clearly she had an aberration and is very sorry and, as you say, all animals are still alive. :hide:
I am so glad she was a good girl for the vet. Such a relief to arrive home again after you sat there in a state of fretting! :eck:
I had my 'invitation' from the GP Practice with a Saturday appointment for flu jab. As my bus does not run at weekends, I told the receptionist as on many phone calls in the past, I must decline, and will ask a pharmacy instead. There is still a large Boots in the shopping 'mall'. Just the High St sub-branch closed.

Delighted to hear about the hedge being cut but sympathise over the glass accident.
I hope everyone is staying safe and lots of love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 am

An early good morning in some chilliness. I am awaiting my hospital transport to go to the Eye department 'Macular Suite' for 6-weekly eye injection. Later in the day when the vision is clear, I'll post again. xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok. Especially you Vannin, do hope your eyes are recovering after your treatment today.
My neighbour and I are still speaking, she did get annoyed because I told her that letting the little bantam roam the garden on her own to fend for herself even with her own cats is not a good idea, she thinks the poor little thing will be fine, she is still pecking around as I write. Dolly would defo love to have another go, I have to keep checking the hole??
I too have had notification from the GP to get in touch for a flu jab, like you I am not happy, they will have to come here because apart from sitting in the car outside the vets it is months since I went anywhere apart from my own garden. Going to stay that way too.
Had rain overnight and it has been very showery until now, guess what the suns coming out. Lots of Love and hugs Vannin and lovely Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:53 pm

I am here at last on my way to bed! Always after the 'eye injection trip', the middle of the day and afternoon, the anaesthetizing drops take a while to wear off. So I use those few hours to get a move on, and watch TV and look in on these sites! Then the evening is the time when numbness becomes feeling again, so I usually go to bed early.
Not so today, because I was pinned down for those afternoon hours. HRH Trixie wanted lap cuddles, so we both dozed off together, and for three hours (again) I wouldn't move her because I thought I owed the time. Now she has gone out and I have my freedom! The pain has given way to mild smarting and after 17 of these in nearly two years, it is not bad.
Sometimes I enjoy the rides although roads are closed owing to workings for HS2. Destroying countryside! :huffin: A car with volunteer driver takes me there and an ambulance brings me home. Nice Paramedics.
Part of the day was lovely sunshine but cool again. Stay safe everyone and love and hugs Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone, and Hi Vannin, Pleased to know you have got that treatment over with again, when we consider it is your eyes and important senses that are being affected, it is a bit of an ordeal which unless you aware of the implications sounds a simple experience, but the fact is it is anything ---but----. Thanks for explaining it.
Not much going on here today and I am relieved because the last couple of days has been a mixed bag of up and downers and my poor brain cannot move as well these days. Even Dolly has been quiet and a little below par, must be because her age is similar to mine, we are a couple of old birds :)
We have wind and rain here, also it is chilly, do hope she doesn't perk up too much and drag me out to do footie later. Hope you feel easier today Vannin and little Trixie is getting plenty of hugs------anyway here is a couple from Dolly and me, Lotta Love to you Both xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello, very late again I am afraid. I am another old bird who lost all my get-up-and-go. Today passed me by and I hope my brain will function better tomorrow. Wasn't it windy today!
Thank you Dita, for your kind words. I am really glad there was my get-together last Saturday (can't believe a week has nearly gone by) If they had not visited, goodness knows when it might be possible again now London is under threat of more restriction.
I hope Penny is all right, not having popped in today.
Have a better weekend Dita. I know there is not much to look forward to and the optimism wavers with such dismal prospects, I suppose I will stay indoors all the time soon. Take care and lots of love to you two from Trixie and me.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Still concerned about Penny.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Hello everyone, I do hope all are ok, I sent mail to Maisie last week do hope she ok, and I notice Penny was posting on Wednesday, hope she is ok too. We are having our fair share of wind and rain, it is also very cold-----not good for the old bones. It is making my breathing easier though which is a relief, Anyone got any Ventolin they don't want? :)
The country is back to square one again now, more and more Lockdowns, I am not too bothered but can certainly understand how it is so upsetting for so many folk.
Please everyone take care. Vannin and Trixie I am sending loads of Hugs and Love to you from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi all,
I have seen maisie is ok but i hope Penny is too and everyone else of course.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:58 am

Sorry, I felt really tired yesterday but refreshed today. If I don't look in here during the morning, I slide away from my 'get-up-and-go. I hope you are all OK, especially Maisie, Dita, Pooh and Penny.
My prescription service which I thought was foolproof, has let me down after seven months of good service, receiving meds monthly by post, always prompt in fact a fortnight early. It is really overdue for September and will run out in five days.
I have emailed the company (Chemist4U) and my GP prescriptions dept, but as I started the search on Friday there is no response from anyone. Everything NHS-connected except emergency admissions to hospital, shuts down early for a full weekend I think. Will be phoning tomorrow. You never know whether postal delays are by Royal Mail or the sender especially as so many uncertainties are around re Covid. (Short-staffing, redundancies etc)
Stay safe everyone. Lots of love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes