Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:58 pm

You are defo right there Vannin, no wonder things like terrorism is easy for them to get away with.
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Watching news, we are horrified that this sort of thing can still happen. Asked why he was released on licence it was stated he had been normal in prison with no hint of his previous actions. What did the expect, in prison, watched by warders all the time what sort of behavior could he show, I think all sentences, short or long, should be made to be served until the end.
Penny
Penny

Postby marieann » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:58 pm

They just can't deal with anything they're taking up so much time fighting over Brexit. I can't see things being any better after this election people are so divided and Labour frighten me.

We had a few hours without rain yesterday and today in fact yesterday afternoon we had a brilliant sunny spell. It always cheers me up.
marieann

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:36 am

The catflap has gone too. Poor little Trixie has spent two nights out in the iciness. The first night I thought she had a mental aberration and forgot how to enter, but she has had it nearly ten years and cats are smarter than that!!. I suppose these things can't last for ever. It is a microchip activated one, and I shall ring 'the man' today, having ordered a new catflap from Amazon, to be delivered tomorrow.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Viv - forgive me if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs, as they say but you have checked the cat flap batteries, haven't you? I only ask because my poor LK spent a similar night outdoors about a month ago when I failed to notice the little battery warning light. Also, check the entrance to the flap: sometimes, the little sensor that reads the microchip gets clogged up with cat hair and general dust and grot from the atmosphere. The other thing that happened a few weeks earlier was on the internal flap between kitchen and conservatory. That one isn't microchip operated and the cleaning lady must have caught the slider that opens/locks the flap with her broom and a baffled LK was stuck in the conservatory! (At least she has food, water, a bed and a litter tray out there!)

Good morning all. It's fine here but very cold. When I've had my coffee, I'll put my woollies on and go out to clear up the remaining oak leaves from the front. I did the back yesterday but my shoulders hurt from the weight of the leaf vac so i left the rest for today. Penny - your comment about being surrounded by trees made me think of our old house where we had a big old ash tree in the garden and houses immediately around had ash, sycamore, lilac and laburnum. In 40 odd years, I never felt the need to own a leaf vac. I'd sweep the path occasionally but the leaves just fell on the garden and quietly composted themselves. Because the leaves here are oak, they have a texture like shoe leather and, even if I blow or sweep them on to my tiny garden, they don't seem to rot. :tantrum2:

I hope not too many of you "dahn sarf " were woken by our Lincolnshire RAF planes in the early hours? Having grown up around here in the 50s and 60s, when the RAF were having lots of fun with their Vulcans and Lightnings, etc, sonic booms were a pretty much everyday occurrence - sometimes several times a day. They were just part of life. I was astonished, therefore, to hear some "expert" on breakfast radio carefully explaining the phenomenon for the benefit of listeners this morning! Then I recalled how long it must be since I heard one and realised that whole generations have been born and raised without ever hearing it.... Oh dear. I feel old now! :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:42 pm

[quote="Andere Richtingen"]Viv - forgive me if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs, as they say but you have checked the cat flap batteries, haven't you? I only ask because my poor LK spent a similar night outdoors about a month ago when I failed to notice the little battery warning light. Also, check the entrance to the flap: sometimes, the little sensor that reads the microchip gets clogged up with cat hair and general dust and grot from the atmosphere. The other thing that happened a few weeks earlier was on the internal flap between kitchen and conservatory. That one isn't microchip operated and the cleaning lady must have caught the slider that opens/locks the flap with her broom and a baffled LK was stuck in the conservatory! (At least she has food, water, a bed and a litter tray out there!)
[quote]
Andere, it runs on the mains and has the presence of a battery too, which would only kick in if there was a power cut. Those are usually infrequent but for the lengthy power cut about a month ago. So the catflap kept working through that. No little warning light has winked.
For ages, she has made heavy weather about using the flap, preferring to demand the front door be opened and shut all day. But at night she had to come and go at the back with her own set-up. I don't know whether she sensed it becoming faulty? She always 'got there in the end' up till the night before last. Right now she is still fast asleep since I let her in at about 6.50 after hearing her struggling with the flap. Although cold, she'd had access to the front porch and used the cushioned chair in it. I have sellotaped the flap upwards to the surround so there is a hole as access. Draughty of course and runs the risk of visiting cats but may be replaced soon.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Looking back a few years ------- if you murdered you could be hung for it---------now you can get away with it apart for a little jail sentence. This guy has killed two innocence people in broad daylight and deliberately so ----talk about resting ones case ?? :cry:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Dita - if you mean the scum on London Bridge, he's now paid the proper price for his crime on the end of a policeman's gun. Prior to Friday, I understand he hadn't killed anyone - 'merely' :roll: planned to. But I don't understand why murder, or plotting to murder, shouldn't automatically get a whole life sentence in some horrible dungeon type prison with bread & water and not much else .... (why should law abiding tax payers keep the dregs of society in comfort??)

Viv. I'll shut up now! Trixie's cat flap is obviously a superior model. I didn't even know you could get ones that run off the mains. Brace yourself before asking the cost of a new flap. Ours is only about 15 months old and I nearly passed out when I saw the price tags in the shop!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Andere, it is a Petporte Staywell. I have looked up this year's model which looks exactly the same, on Amazon. It will cost me almost the same as nine years ago. That was £70 plus £8 delivery. This will be £80 and free delivery on Prime. I had to pay an enormous amount to a man from far off, to install it. But I am pretty sure my handyman Jim is used to all kinds of catflaps and am about to phone.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Good afternoon.It was lovely reading about Trixie and LK.and their funny habits with their cat flaps.They do keep you amused thats for sure.

Today I have just been pottering around doing whatever I fancied.Was going to go down the town to Argos to pick something up that Ive paid for online.But couldn't find any energy for that. :roll:

Went to a fair with Logan yesterday and I brought some tickets,he pulled a winning number out so I let him have the prize,It was a model to paint.When I left yesterday it had been painted Orange. :roflmao:

I have to go now as my dinner is ready.All keep well and warm. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:53 pm

I had a phone chat with 'my man Jim' about the job of replacing the catflap. He is not free tomorrow but will ring me when he gets some available time in the week. Meanwhile that poor little poppet has spent twelve hours asleep in her igloo upstairs and surfaced at 7 p.m.. Unless she made a quick dash out for the loo when I was out this morning.
Although she had the relative shelter of the front porch for a lot of the night, it was the coldest since last Feb, so I heard on TV. She was tired and cold and followed me back to bed at 7 a.m.after I'd heard her walloping the catflap, and actually burrowed under my duvet with me till she felt warm. She usually just rests on top.
Having the open hole in the back door is bearable if not spending too long there.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Poor puss, if your man is a long time coming you could pin some material over the hole so that puss can still get in and out and it might help to keep the place warmer.
Very sunny morning here but white over with frost and very cold. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Poor Trixie - and poor Viv with a draught around her ankles!. Let's hope Gentleman Jim can squeeze Trixie's new flap into his schedule very soon!

Viv, my comment about the cost of cat flaps was based on paying £78 last year for the battery operated one - no delivery charge; I walked out with it under my arm. It's a SureFlap and, as the man in the pet shop said, it will accept up to 40 different microchips and can be individually programmed for each chip to allow that cat to be In or Out according to specific requirements. Useful if you run a cat sanctuary, I guess!! The previous cat flap I bought was the magnet operated one at the old house and I think that was around £10, so it seemed like an enormous difference in price - until I remembered that was actually sometime around the mid 90s. Time flies when you're having fun!

No frost here this morning and the sun has just come out. It's been beautiful for the past couple of days, almost as though December is apologising for the awful November - difficult to walk about in though when you're facing into such low sun - can't see a perishin' thing and keep bumping into things/people.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Has been a lovely sunny day here.Lovely clear blue sky.Although not to good when the sun hits you in the eyes.

I did a quick trip to the town this morning to put some money into my bank.I had a slight problem on Saturday when buying something on line.My son tried at least 4 times to buy something that I wanted from a well known store.It seems now that I have brought 4 of the items when I have only one and paid for it. :roll: Hopefully in the morning the money they are holding for the 4 items will bounce back into my account,its a chunky amount too.

Drawing tomorrow morning then off to see Logan after in his Nativity play.He is going to be in the choir.I do hope we get to see him and not behind taller children.Next xmas he will be at another school.

I have had 2 migraines so far today and a headache with the second one :sad: Don't want one tomorrow either.
I am now going to sit on settee and close my eyes for 10 mins.No sleeping though. :doh:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Poor you maggieh, do hope your headache is better now. Horrible things migraines. Weather been good here too although still very cold. Just back from lunch out and now trying to relax and get warm. Hope Logan enjoys his part tomorrow. New school after Xmas goodness me doesn.t time fly. He will be applying for a job before you know it. Granddaughter has finished her term and now taking a tour of Sidney etc. Just sent a picture skuba diving on some gorgeous beach. She comes home in Jan, Grandson is back somewhere near 11th December. Son called yesterday and took me to Cosco for top ups. Place was packed and some super items there. One I fancied was a small bicycle' electric powered. Seems you charge up some special battery and it goes along for approx 10 miles without help from a rider.Just suit you maggieh Sky beginning to look doubtful now. OH in noddyland. Take care now. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes