Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Penny wrote:Poor you maggieh, do hope your headache is better now. Horrible things migraines. Weather been good here too although still very cold. Just back from lunch out and now trying to relax and get warm. Hope Logan enjoys his part tomorrow. New school after Xmas goodness me doesn.t time fly. He will be applying for a job before you know it. Granddaughter has finished her term and now taking a tour of Sidney etc. Just sent a picture skuba diving on some gorgeous beach. She comes home in Jan, Grandson is back somewhere near 11th December. Son called yesterday and took me to Cosco for top ups. Place was packed and some super items there. One I fancied was a small bicycle' electric powered. Seems you charge up some special battery and it goes along for approx 10 miles without help from a rider.Just suit you maggieh Sky beginning to look doubtful now. OH in noddyland. Take care now. cheers Penny

Good afternoon Penny.Have you been out to lunch today,need to wrap up warm these days.I was cold indoors,so have turned a radiator on and done a hot water bottle to have on my lap.Central heating for me.lol. :roflmao:
Your granddaughter's time went quick in Sydney.Glad she is keeping you posted with pictures.

My granddaughter is now working at a new ice rink that has opened up in Kent,She is only filling in while there is a break in Uni.I think Logan is going there on Xmas eve.

I like the idea of the electric bike Penny,whoosh up the hills. :roflmao: It was disappointing at Logan's school nativity as we couldn't see him.Would have done if some parents had sat on the chairs that were provided for them.But no they stood up and made their selfs look like walls. :tantrum2:
Almost dark here and its only 4.10.Have a lovely evening all.Sad to see Matt Baker is leaving the One Show next year.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all ok. Think your mate Penny still at lunch Maggieh, sorry you didn't see much of Logan at his nativity do. Take care from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:49 pm

Oh dear, what a year this has been for my essential (except the dishwasher) aids to every day! All breaking down.
I have mentioned the item above, with its own thread. But the latest addition, following replacement of Boiler, microwave and the cat's microchip-activated catflap, has been my mobile phone. It was my first and was in use for over nine years, a very basic non-taking-photographs and simplified odd-looking phone. I knew it was probably obsolete, but hoped it might see me out! I dropped it on the pavement, in its sturdy case, on Tuesday and the screen was cracked.

Today I took it to the EE shop, half-hoping I would be told there was some hope for it, but no! So I have bought one and it is modern of course, but I hoped it might be learnable as the chap believed it to have some similarity to the other. It was £80 (same as the catflap now installed very cheaply and usable), and the transaction involved leaving TalkTalk to be an EE customer.

You know that feeling of 'Have I done the right thing?' Well, as long as I find someone to show me how to operate it. :magnify: :clicker: :lam:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Morning all, sorry to have been off for such a time. I messed up my signing in details. Many grateful thanks to Nancy for her superb help. Just had 22 pics from granddaughter in Sydney on her tour of Australia. These were of her and her group riding horses. Look fabulous. A little cold today but sunny here. Forecast poor for all next week. Hope all went well with Logan
, pity some folk stood in the way
. Never mind, he might be in Panto next year. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, my phone should have been binned years ago, my DIL gave me her old one a couple of months ago and its a nightmare, have had to find out how to use it b :grouphug: y a google or two. Have a good weekend and take care , Dolly & me xxx :bighugs:
dita

Postby dita » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Just popped in to do mi bit to keep Rowan going, just watching Bing in White Christmas-------makes me think-------such lovely music and beautiful artists, despite the years it can still make me enthralled. Hugs Dolly & me xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Good afternoon,I have just been doing some secret bidding on ebay for the last 30 mins.The person I was doing it for won the item.

Somehow I have picked up a cold.Its mainly head,nose and gums.When most of you were sleeping at 4am I was up getting a hot lemon/honey drink,headache tablets and a hot water bottle. :sad: Didnt get back to sleep until 6am.

So not much get up and go in me today. :roflmao: I did go and see Logan yesterday I was cold free then.He was trying to whisper something to me but I could'nt catch what he was saying.Then daughter in law said Logan come in here.So he tried to tell me again when he was told to stop it.I somehow don't think they want him left in my company just yet,as he so wants me to know something,bless him. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Must close my curtains and shut the dark out.I am doggy sitting every thursday while my daughter is at work,its not all day though.
Have a lovely evening everyone.Enjoy dancing its coming to the end now.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Poor maggieh, hope you are feeling better now. Must say my night and today I have been swearing. Got a pain in my back and left arm. Perhaps Logan is trying to tell you what has been bought for you for Xmas. Been bored all afternoon, OH and his snooker watching. Now a repeat of the auction do. Enjoyed Strictly, can't wait to see who is chosen. Keep meaning to tell you and Dita, my young chappie rang and won't be coming any more. He has been offered a full time job so cannot blame him. Had a ma come to look today, but not my type, however he is a real gardener so cannot grumble. Take care and get rid of that head cold. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 am

Morning all, hope everyone is keeping well. Lovely and sunny with a little wind but no gales as forecast. Hope your head is better maggieh. Take care all, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Well I know I said the catflap was usable..... but seemingly not for madam! It is exactly the same as the old one she used for over eight years,only new and shiny. I hear the click of the electronic part reading the microchip, and think 'Oo at last she is coming in without me having to go and open it for her.' But no! Day or night when I lose sleep and go to investigate after hearing the first click but not the second click, she is sitting outside right up against the door. I had this all weekend.
It would not be a worry except for this bitter weather. If she starts crying and disturbs neighbours, they must think she is being punished and left out to perish.

P.S. Maybe she caught her tail in it on Friday soon after installation.
Last edited by vannin on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:06 pm

I was wrong to blame Trixie. Poor moggie is not able to make her entrances, because there is a fault in the connecting lead. It runs off the electricity but there is a back-up battery. She is fine going OUT through it.
This morning I rang Customer Services and was told I was one of many with the same problematic catflap. If we have a black connection, it is faulty, but if we have a white one it is not, so they are sending me a white replacement.

I have left a message for Jimmy about all this because until he knows it is not down to improper installing, he would worry.
Poor chap was attacked by Trixie because he had to hold her up to 'the device' for her microchip reading.

So, for now, on instruction by the nice American man at Pet-Porte, I have disconnected the power so that the back-up battery has kicked in. I hope! She is asleep now, but her next outing today, or rather the return, will show whether this is correct.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi, all. My clock says it's just past three in the afternoon but it looks outside more like 3am. It's so dark! Absolutely horrible; no daylight at all today, raining and very windy (again).

I hope Maggieh is starting to feel better from her cold virus? At least, you have a week or two to recover so you won't be spreading the bugs over your nearest and dearest during the festivities. :bighugs:

Poor Trixie! No doubt, like all cats, she will regard a faulty cat flap as some kind of personal insult by a callous human, perpetrated on a long suffering, much put-upon mog! I hope it gets sorted soon, although the battery back up makes it not quite so urgent.

LK is on my lap while I try to type this on the tablet - determined to "assist" with her nose on the screen and purring like a crazy thing. Aaaaah. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Good evening everyone.Not a very pleasant one going by the noisy wind outside also the rain.I did venture out to the shop this morning before the rain came.It was awfully windy then,Mary Poppins came to my mind.Told my friend if you see a pair of legs float pass your window it may be me. :roflmao:

I am fed up with all the election news,its on the TV again now.

I have to phone Noddy tonight or tomorrow to tell him no visit this week.Thursdays are now booked for me elsewhere,

How is your back and arm now,Penny?Hope it is getting better.Hope everyone else is keeping well.I feel much better today than I have done,but if chest gets worse by Friday I will see a doctor,although thats a early call. :roflmao:
Have a good warm evening. :mrgreen: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Just a Hello from Dolly and me. xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Hello Dita and Dolly. I have not much to add except that my mobile phone purchase has gone belly-up. The salesman was very slick and I have been taken for a ride, or else a dotty old lady. I thought I was on the ball, and have had to accustom myself to be entirely independent, since my little family visit so seldom. But my daughter has waded in to battle this one and will even come on the train for a few hours tomorrow - I think she feels a kind of attachment because she was the giver of the old broken phone.

I know she would not normally get involved in anything other than reporting politics on a polling day so am surprised! More to come.

Oh and my alarm was connected yesterday - I hope I don't have to use it. The voice speaking in the monitoring centre is deafening but volume cannot be lowered, as I might be in the farthest-away room (my bedroom) from the hub and voices have to reach, which was only just OK when I tested it upstairs.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes