Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Great Dita, wonder if all are out shopping. Just watching the match and realised we have seen this one before. Waiting for Strictly. Here we go again. Catch you later. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:40 am

Good morning everyone.Hope everyone is feeling better today,I have my moments.

The heated fleece that I treated myself to for bed or sitting on settee etc is super.I had it turned on on my bed lastnight for 3 hours when it turned itself off.At 4.30am I got out and turned it on again,it is bliss.

I need to go to the shop today,so will wrap up warm as I can.Keep away from any bugs. :roll:

Dog sitting for me tomorrow so a lazy lounging day coming up.I am doing that one day a week for a while now.As daughter has to work in a office once a week,so wants Basil to have company.He is old now,so no walking by me.

I don't know how Noddy is or if he is back home now.I will not be phoning to find out.He is due here on Thursday but its down to him to let me know one way or the other.He is not a chatty man so won't want any fuss. :mrgreen:

Well must get motivated now.Enjoy the day everyone. :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm

So pleased you have solved the cold problem. OH doesn.t like the heating on at night so I make do with water bottles. Weather is very cold and dull and rain due later. Poor Noddy, wonder how he is. Hope all are well and keeping warm. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone.
I had a phone call lastnight from Noddy's son in law.To tell me that John passed away Friday morning after a fall he had at home on Wednesday evening.He fell over in his bedroom and hit his head.At least he isn't suffering anymore.So pleased I had my last little chat with him.He had been a friend of mine for at least 30 years, who will be missed.

I am Basil sitting today.Its a filthy wet day too.Will stay here for another hour or two then get a taxi home.

Take care see you soon.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Maggie, I am sorry to hear the bad news. Of course you will miss him after so many years.But I hope Christmas might help both you and the family. :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Have another try, put a reply on ages ago. So sorry maggieh to hear of Noddy. He has been a topic on here so long, we will miss him.I hope everyone is O>K> I do wish more folk would pop in if only to say Good Morning, that is all it takes to keep the forum going. Did not go for lunch today, felt so miserable with this awful weather and painful arm. OH out for lunch with his old workmates tomorrow so will have a peaceful lunch. I hope everyone is keeping warm. Take care and hugs for all little ones. Fingers crossed this one gets posted.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Good evening everyone. Not a lot to report from Lincs at present. We've had a couple of fairly decent days among all the horrible, dank, wet ones. We managed a stroll by the canal at Torksey on Sunday - cold but blew a few cobwebs away. Still a lot of water lying on the fields everywhere and, in some places, on the road although only a surface covering, nothing to worry about driving through. Only another 5 days until the winter solstice and the light will start to return. Can't wait.

Maggieh, I'm so sorry to read about Noddy. I guess we've all had a friend like that at some time - they drive you crazy with their odd habits and weird ways but they've been around for years and you miss them more than you'd ever believe when they're no longer there. So many losses seem to happen in these dark, back-end days of the year; it's as though everything winds down together. :bighugs: to you from here.

I took LK to the vet this morning because her arthritic legs and hips are giving her a lot more pain and difficulty than before and my homeopathic treatment seems to have plateaued out and not giving so much relief. We've come home with a bottle of analgesic made with honey so she's actually had a dose quite happily on half a sardine, also some Awful Warnings about possible kidney damage and other side effects. Poor cat. The treatment may be worse than the disease... I hope the shop doesn't run out of sardines in tomato sauce anytime soon or we'll have a problem!

Penny, have you tried an under-the-bottom-sheet electric blanket? You can leave it on low all night and it'll keep you lovely and snug. Much better than a rapidly cooling hot water bottle.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks Andere, yes we did try an electric under one, not me really. My water bottle has a cover that is like a cat, furry on top and smooth fur underneath. so I cuddle it all night. - Do hope your pussy is O>K> . Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:36 pm

So So sorry to hear about Noddy Maggieh, :bighugs: you will miss him and so will I because it was such an interest reading about him. :lol: Andere you have brought back many memories for me, my family booked the Inn at Torksey for my 60th Birthday because it is one of my favourite places to visit and watch the world go by, have heard a rumour that the pub is for sale???. Something in the above post made my filthy humour react----------better not say any more :roflmao: :roflmao:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Not sure what your thoughts are about the puss so will forget it. Saucy madam. Not a very good week for weather, roll on summer. Do hope everyone is O>K> and looking forward to next week. See weather is supposed to be fine on 24th and 25th. FIngers crossed. hugs for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Dita - the Hume Arms currently looks very forlorn and dilapidated. Someone took it on last year and was getting decent reviews on Trip Advisor but it closed again within a very few months and has stood empty ever since.
It's on the market, and the agents are inviting bids over £350,000. It was offered at auction on 12 December but failed to sell; next auction will be late February. I suspect that, if someone came along with a halfway reasonable cash offer, the owners would bite their hand off! Let's face it, a place like that standing empty in the cold and the damp starts to eat money before too long with constant little bits of maintenance.
Assuming it's structurally sound, it ought to be possible for a good cook and landlord working in partnership to turn it into a really thriving business with all the new house building that's gone on within a very small radius. Sad, really.

PS. Our sense of humour coincides. OH asked why I was snorting with laughter.
(Don't worry, Penny. It'd take too long to explain. We know you meant well. xx .)
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:55 am

Morning all, still trying to see the connection with my water bottle and all the giggles. Never mind, a bit slow at present. Will come to me eventually. Hope all are O>K. Nice and sunny at present still forecast for dull and wet but hope not. Off to Lidl to stock up with birds bread so that I don't have to bother next week. I Hope all are looking forward to Xmas. Not many cards this year, all wishes seem to come via the Internet, such a shame but understandable. Hope you are O>K> maggieh. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi everyone, it has been a most grizzly day here and hard to imagine sun anywhere in the country at the moment. Andere :cry: I had no idea things were so dire at the Hume Arms, had only heard through a friend that it was even for sale, It is such a lovely place too. Wonder what happened to cause such a sudden downfall, it was------and could be a little goldmine again. Wish I was younger with more energy? :thinking:
Thank Goodness for your humour Andere :sunglasses: must be cos we are Lincolnshire Yellow Bellies :roflmao: that means Lacey too :roflmao: Lots 0f Big Hugs From Dolly and Me xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Good afternoon all.Just been wrapping some pressies up for next week.Stop and start,rest in between it all.Gets done in the end though for Santa.Have to put them in my bedroom tomorrow so Logan doesn't spot them.The Elf is looking at them,his on the mantle sitting inside a candle. :roll:

Janet came round this morning which was nice we had a chat.She cut my hair while she was here.So I am going to wash it soon and trim the scaggly bits.
The weather is a bit dull here,trying to rain,wind blowing.I haven't been outside today and not going to either.

I am off out with Logan tomorrow afternoon and his mummy.Then on way home we are going to mcDonalds, then see the boats in the harbour all lit up.So that will be lovely to see.

Have you brought enough bread for your family of birds Penny,they will be grateful for that.Have a nice evening all and be careful.Have a rest now and again.Safer sitting down me thinks. :roflmao:(I got the joke too) :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks maggieh, went to Lydl today and stocked up so have a freezer full of birds bread.
Finally got the reason for giggles. Saucy lot. Must be careful what I say in future. Will still take my water bottle to bed. Pray for better weather, Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes