Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 pm

I agree Maisie! Each morning when I wake up, I spend a few minutes trying to work out what day it is. :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:08 am

Hi there Dita.
Lovely to (see) you around I hope you are keeping well.

I am just about to go and make myself a cup of coffee after getting ready for the day. I am not a one for sitting around in my housecoat, through force of habit I expect, I am too old now to change, but I know many folk DO feel better that way.
To each his own.
Just opened the windows and thought I would look on the computer to see if anyone has contacted me.They have, busy hour coming up WHEN i have had my meds and coffee.
I only wish more folk would call in but as I have said before I too am guilty of this but a lot of it is through being in and out of hospital.
Just about to take my last antibiotic from my latest infection but I cant say I am feeling much better.
Having said that I am a bloodier sight luckier than some. :mrgreen:

Have a good day. x :bighugs:
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am

Good morning Maisie, Dita, Maggie, Penny and anyone else who calls in. Maisie, I think I have heard that with some antibiotics, short term, the improvement might start to be felt only towards the end of the course!
I have no plans for today; no church as over-70s are considered vulnerable there. My plumber, footcare lady, deliveries, gardener and bin cleaning team have been my visitors since the few superb hours with daughter and grandson. The man who services security alarm is due, also, on Tuesday the oven repair man 'sometime' in a whole-day slot!!! Oh, and the handyman came to renew battery in catflap. The excitement is almost too much!
Hugs to all especially Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. :grouphug:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Hi! Maisie and Vannin so pleased to see you, If I do linger around in my dressing gown early in a morning contemplating whether to make an extra cuppa before getting dressed its inevitable that getting dressed will be the winner, like you Maisie it must be force of habit. Good to see you Maisie you do yourself much credit even though it is hard work. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
My Vax arrived in pieces which had to be attached in the right places Vannin, I asked a neighbour to give me a hand to sort it because they already owned one nearly the same, there was no clear instruction apart from pics, but you could download those via computer. Not used it yet-------well it is Sunday----mi thinks????? You have been lucky as regarding your visitors Vannin, most of my helpers have been locked in like me. Take care everyone, this thing hasn't gone yet. Vannin and Trixie love and big hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:53 pm

dita wrote:Good afternoon everyone, Hi! Maisie and Vannin so pleased to see you, If I do linger around in my dressing gown early in a morning contemplating whether to make an extra cuppa before getting dressed its inevitable that getting dressed will be the winner, like you Maisie it must be force of habit. Good to see you Maisie you do yourself much credit even though it is hard work. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
My Vax arrived in pieces which had to be attached in the right places Vannin, I asked a neighbour to give me a hand to sort it because they already owned one nearly the same, there was no clear instruction apart from pics, but you could download those via computer. Not used it yet-------well it is Sunday----mi thinks????? You have been lucky as regarding your visitors Vannin, most of my helpers have been locked in like me. Take care everyone, this thing hasn't gone yet. Vannin and Trixie love and big hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:

Dita, I was wondering how you got on when the Vax arrived. I vaguely remember the assembling, but using a very helpful manual that came with it. It was clearly intended for butterfingers like me. Any kind of flatpack or kit delivery should be sent with proper instructions. I would complain if I were you. Having said that , I didn't take you up on trying to get my oven replaced by a new one! :dunno: Today I had another IBS flare-up which was in full-attack mode quite suddenly. But I have a stash of remedy called Colpermin which acts quickly , so all over now! I know it struck because I had a fry-up in place of Sunday lunch, thanks to useless oven. Fry-ups deffo off the menu in future. It IS Sunday, so lounging now. Dita, I hope you are having a better day, heat having subsided? Hugs from us two to you and Dolly. :bighugs: :bighugs:P.S. I am the same about getting dressed in the mornings. I remember Carole on here saying she enjoyed lounging in nightie , didn't mind if anyone came to the door. :hide:
vannin

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Maggie I saw the birthday photos on Facebook, Logan with his present, your family and you looking very happy. I hope the whole day was wonderful. :fam21:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Morning all, beautiful sunny day so far. How I wish I could log in on Facebrook maggieh, kept trying yesterday but am useless at that sort of thing. Logan has grown so quickly. Like my grandson, chatting yesterday now talking of joining the Navy. Cannot believe how quickly time has flown. I hope everyone is O>K> and ready to enjoy a new week. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are ok, I do hope that IBS not returned Vannin, makes one cringe just thinking about it. I found this tiny little booklet thing, it said Vax One Quick Start Guide and this morning have had a whizz round to test the advantages. It not wonderful I found dog hairs tangled on the brush but it is what it is, it is fairly light which helps, No wire from plug to pull around, anyway you get what you pay for I suppose. Don't think I shall bother downloading the instructions, putting the little bits of it together was the awkward part which my neighbour helped me with.

I can just imagine myself deciding to lounge around in my dressing gown all day suddenly hearing a knock and having a peep out of the window see the gasman on the doorstep/Johnny Depp------ :roflmao: :roflmao: Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug: Take care everyone
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Oh dear, it was all happening this morning! The Ocado delivery, whose slot was 11 to 12, came at 10.30 when the gardener was trying to reverse her van out. So Jane patiently waited while the delivery man partially blocked the end of the drive, got the delivery bags together and delivered them in the porch. I try to always time them so they won't overlap! Then the plumber who was sending his son to service the boiler, gave me just 15 mins notice at lunchtime, while the man to service the security alarm came at the same time, having left it as 'Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning'. It was like Piccadilly Circus, but the boiler is in the garage so they were out of each other's way. So it will just be the 'oven man' tomorrow (full day slot, but will phone to give two hours notice!!) I was quite used to nothing ever happening.
I hear the new lockdown will apply to over-50s now, not just over-70s!!

Dita, thank you for wondering about the dreaded tummy-ache, which has stayed gone, thank goodness. I don't remember ever having such a rapid onset, being OK one minute then being doubled up in pain. (It used to be gradual) But as I took something, it went within two hours and became heartburn instead, so took two Rennies and one Omeprazole at bedtime to get rid of it.
The one person who would give me conniptions at the front door, negligee or what-have-you, would be an actor who already caused flutters to the Vicar of Dibley, name of Richard Armitage :oops: :oops: :oops: Btw, why is Johnny Depp always so scruffy? Pirate costume OK but.....in real life? :thinking:
Trixie has done a disappearance since late morning, probably to let me know her peace was shattered.
She and I send hugs to you and Dolly and take care everyone :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Blimey Vannin, what a carry on, I thought there was only me that got into such pickles. Agree about Johnny Depp have been watching him during this trial, he has been acting quite bizarre. I should have had my boiler service last March, it is still on warranty, sent a complaint last week------still waiting for an answer???? May have mentioned it before, the mind is not like it was :)
Hugs from us both to you both xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am

Morning all, lovely and bright again Fingers crossed it stays like this. I take it Maisie and Poohdog are still cavorting in a quiet field somewhere , Take care all. cheers Penny :roflmao:
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 am

Hi Penny.
Chance would be a fine thing and the only ruddy cavorting I do now is trying to find the leg of my drawers to put my foot through. :roll: :roll:
By the time I have done that I am TOO knackered to even walk never mind cavort. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I hope you are keeping well Penny. Anything exciting happened your way?
I am beginning to feel like walking death with all the bloody drugs to help with the chest and water infections. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm

We know what you are up to, with Poodog I can just image the trouble with your knickers not of course getting them on, more getting them off ASAP. Nothing exciting for me of course but at least gives us something to look forward to. don't stand a chance with you pulling them off and Poohdog diving in. You must share your secret with us one day. You will see by lack of posts that all are awaiting your secret. Take care now and between the diving in bit keep in touch. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Good afternoon all. I got up at half past 6 in case the oven man should phone. At 10.30 he phoned, said he would be here in half hour. Arrived 11 and was finished at 10 past! Never known a replacement element could be fitted so swiftly. The oven works well, and so it should at only four years old.
Think I'll soon take a twenty minute nap and hope for a more quiet time. :)
Last edited by vannin on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Good afternoon everyone.A cooler day here at last.

Had a lovely time with Logan on his birthday,he was well pleased with his money that I put by for him while in lockdown.He got just over a hundred pounds. :mrgreen:

He was playing with his hamster before he went to bed,his calling him Bing.He was scared to touch it earlier on.I am seeing Logan again on Saturday and will be picked up and brought back.Then no more until they are home from their holiday.

Glad your oven is now mended Vannin,didnt take long to fix it.Hope you feel refreshed after resting your eyes this afternoon.Bit too late to rest mine as it would mess my bedtime sleep up. :roflmao:

Enjoy the rest of your day and take care everyone.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes