Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all, beautiful sunny day so far. How I wish I could log in on Facebrook maggieh, kept trying yesterday but am useless at that sort of thing. Logan has grown so quickly. Like my grandson, chatting yesterday now talking of joining the Navy. Cannot believe how quickly time has flown. I hope everyone is O>K> and ready to enjoy a new week. Take care all. cheers Penny

Good afternoon Penny.Will your grandson carry on at uni before joining the Navy?

How did your Sunday outing go to the barbie Q? Have you got a Facebook account Penny if so I send you my name.Then you can see the little fellow. :mrgreen:

Time for me to have a hot chocolate drink.Have a lovely afternoon and take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi maggieh, yes, daughter fixed me up on facebook but so stupid with these things havent
't book in yet. will try sooner or later. Son did a fantastic BBQ and we stayed till late. Grandson said is going back to Uni in September to finish off and then what he does will be up to him. I am so pleased you are getting time with Logan, make the most of it. passes too quickly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Cool day here again,fan not needed yet.

Been trying to sort out why my surfing is so slow,sitting watching pages to load up.I have now dumped Chrome and using Microsoft Edge browser and its whizzing me around the sites like a goodun :mrgreen:

Done all that I needed to do today.This afternoon I have to look for a game that Logan is playing at home,that I can play home here,with him on his xbox.We will connect up on our xboxes with headsets on. :roflmao:

Have a good day and keep safe.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Good afternoon everyone we had rain overnight and it looks a bit iffy now, never mind I will not have to play footy and struggle with the garden. Terrible happening in Beirut, what a world we live in. Hope all ok with you Vannin and Trixie, big hugs from Dolly and me xxx Take care of yourselves all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Lovely day here, not had the rain yet.
I tried a few times to get into the site this morning, but it had a problem. Then I went out for one of my visits to town, knowing I had to replenish the cash I keep handy in the house and it had been used up by paying for the boiler service and the alarm service. Most tradesmen would rather not be offered a cheque. The oven man was performing free-of-payment of course. None of them accept an offer of tea or coffee now because of Covid 'We are not allowed to accept hospitality now but thank you'.

Saw three separate friends to chat to: one on the outward bus, one in town and one on the return bus. All socially distancing so if you want to share a secret when six feet apart, then the driver and anyone else will all hear!! All is OK, thank you for asking Dita, :bighugs: and I have just had Trixie registered with Cinnamon Trust for her re-homing in case I go first. They have foster-people all over the country. It shares importance with any final wishes but more worrying not knowing which of us will be left. So I feel relieved to have made an arrangement. My daughter's home is an unsuitable 3rd floor flat,much as they love her.
Trixie and I send hugs to you and Dolly, and everyone take care. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:55 am

Morning all, rather dull and cloudy here today. Very close. Just awaiting delivery from Sainsbury's. Hope all are keeping well and looking forward to a nice weekend. Take care. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I keep thinking it is Friday so we all do it, so keen for the weekend to come! My get-up-and-go is still getting up and going.
My friend who thought she and her OH and son would not get their four weeks in Spain, made a last-minute decision on Monday morning, to go after all and forget about the quarantine situation till they have to return! She sort-of lives her life like that and can't understand my preference for being organised. I had been wondering from Monday till today whether they had gone in that impetuous way. I'd heard on Monday that flights to Spain had been cancelled so that was wrong information.
They have no worries about the shared swimming pool , (although open) still subject to strong restrictions, the alternative is the sea and they posted lovely pics on Facebook, of high jinks in the sea.
Love to all and take care especially Dita and Dolly. :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi everyone----especially Vannin, Really do understand what you mean about not knowing what day it is, goes the same for hours in the day for me as well :) . My son, his wife and daughter are in the south of France for three weeks, they are moving around from one place to another and have sent me pics of apartments, hotels etc without a care in the world, pleased they are not coming here.
Take care of yourselves Vannin and Trixie, hugs and love from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Any ideas folk. Was informed my delivery would be Thurdsay, 11 - 12pm. Been tring to find out what has happened for two hours now. Cannot get help at all. All I can get are question after question still not getting anywhere. Cannot get replies on phones or E Mails except same questions over and over. Any ideas folk. cheers Penny :tantrum2:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Penny.Are you sure you have'nt got a evening delivery 11-12pm.I had the same trouble once thinking it was morning time it was coming,but was evening time.Check you email time slot or log in to Sainsbury's.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks maggieh, did wonder about that but it llam - 12pm and I understood they finish delivering at 9.30 in the evening. Driving me nuts. not sure what to do except sit up till 11 tonight. Thanks. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 pm

My d-i-l had the same trouble with Sainsburys a week ago Penny. It should have been delivered at 9-30am but it still had NOT arrived bt 3pm so she phoned not only Head office putting a complaint in but also to her local department store and the manager took her shopping to her in the end which finally arrived at 6pm.
Into the bargain he had brought with him another customers shopping and was just about to leave it with d-i-l when she said it did NOT belong to her. :roll:
D-i-l got a £15 discount off her next shop for all the inconvenience.

It looks as though Sainsburys are going to lose cutomers at this rate.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 am

Good morning in the latest mini-heatwave. It was too hot to stay in bed even before a warm furry body came hopefully to join me. Then she decided the bathroom was the best place to have her morning nap. (Busy night I think) Wishing everyone a happy weekend and don't go charging around. Dita, indoors is best really isn't it, with fans going. Hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me. :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:17 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny. STILL no shopping. Stayed up late but nothing to report. Keep trying to phone but can't find a number to ring, all seem to be internet only. OH and I going bonkers. Tried the Help phone and only got a load of crap about how busy they are and then getting cut off again.Any ideas please. Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:45 am

Hi again. Just to let you know, finally got in touch with a voice and got sorted. Seems my order has vanished and a new one arranged for Sunday ll - 12pm. As all delivery slots are booked for one hour, 12pm is definitely the mid day one. Got that sorted. Just sitting on edge now to see if this lot vanishes. !!!!! Thanks for your help folks. cheers Penny :ithanku: :ithanku: :ithanku:
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes