Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm

P.S. Today I woke up with a monstrous heavy cold! Less coughing but general grottiness. :cry: The so-called 'kit' arrived but suspiciously flat package. The plastic vial had been omitted. :magnify: So I had to ring 119 and re-order and start waiting again. :sad:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Oh! dear!! what a carry on Vannin, do hope you feel better soon, whatever it turns out to be. My son has now got the ruddy Covid and is quite poorly, he says it is like a bad dose of flu. His wife and daughter are now almost over it, but like me he does have chest troubles ??
Take care of yourself, Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:49 pm

I decided to reveal all/ briefly/ to daughter this afternoon, about the test situation and my ups and downs. She always gives the impression of being too busy, but surprisingly she texted back a few times to obtain more detail!! Well, I have a heavy cold such as is commonplace, don't know what happened yesterday with the endless coughing. She may tear the senders of test kits into tiny pieces or may be all graciousness.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Hope you are feeling better Vannin, my sons Covin has hit him badly in his chest which is a weak spot for him as well as myself. fingers crossed for you. :grouphug: xxx My lady gardener sent me a text to tell me she is not coming anymore :groaner: , I joked to her about something which she didn't appreciate and now that's that. :hide: She doesn't appreciate my sense of humour. :cheeky4: Think I will have to get myself another gardener now, maybe someone who is acceptable to having a light-hearted sense of fun ????? any offers???? :please:

Good to hear your daughter is being more interested in your welfare, I miss that feeling since my husband left me. Love and hugs to yourself and little Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: xx Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 pm

Ah Dita, I am very sorry to hear about your son's Covid and hope he is improving. Such a worrying time.

I am completely surprised to hear your lady gardener has flounced, obviously lacking a sense of humour. She sounded so 'right' and I think her behaviour is unforgivable, just leaving you in the lurch. Wish I could send you one of mine but there is a change there, not of the sad kind. Matt of the tanned legs and Danish blue eyes (how cheesy!) has accepted a job in a hair salon and starts on Monday, to use his other qualification and to have a more steady income. He told me I am one of the favoured few whose gardens, or hair, he would love to still tend on his days off or half-days. Wed and Saturdays, maybe fortnightly or when we give him a ring. :fourleaf:
That is really sweet and I hope to take up his offer but not immediately because he may find the new job so busy, he will need his time-off to rest. He told me a while ago that he goes to bed around 8 p.m. because he is an old man in a young man's body! :wakeup: Kevin was here yesterday to do strimming and I wore face mask as I do for anyone who might come to the door, because whatever my lurgy is, it's virulent. There is a fluey cold germ going around especially among Uni 'freshers' because everyone is mixing again. But I can't imagine where I caught mine because I hadn't been anywhere or seen anyone face to face. I am croaking well, no singing, but have had reasonable nights by fully dosing myself.
When the replacement test kit came, I did the test to be on the safe side and a courier collected it.
Expecting result next week or sooner.
I am thinking about your son and sincerely hope the Covid will go away very soon.
Trixie and I send love and big hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
Last edited by vannin on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:03 pm

P.S. When Matt did his last work here, for the moment, he brought and planted the new rose near the front window. It is the Charisma Rose, and I think how appropriate that is, chosen by such a charismatic person.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Happy Monday everyone. Found out from my neighbour who also had the cleaner every couple of weeks for a couple of hours before she then did another couple of hours for me.. (sort of Killing two people with one stone,) you might say. :twisted: Apparently unknown to me my neighbour had no option but to tell the cleaner because of a change in her working hours different times would have to be arranged and it would mean no longer would she be able to carry on the same routine anymore, which meant she would have to split the work and do separate journeys. Actually I had no idea until my neighbour told me-------it then all fell into place, she was using me to make herself look good and saving herself mileage, money-----giving a :twisted: big 'moo' now :) Just shows what length folk will go to satisfy their egos . :dunno: :groaner:

Wow Vannin such a beautiful romantic comment about Matts beautiful rose planted now near your front window, :welcome1: Charisma Rose------I absolutely love it. My son is now much better, thank goodness, returns to work in a day or two. Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 am

Dita, what a relief to know your son is recovering after a rough time for the family. I hope he will not now be affected by the petrol crisis.
Trixie has been shadowing, if not guarding me, for the week I was probably alarming her with loud sneezing and coughing. Although curled up asleep in a succession of new places around the house, I believe she always keeps one eye open! :magnify: Before last week I was hoping to somehow stop her from spending most of the night out on her adventures, and quite worried seeing her dash across the road around 9 to 10 p.m. Now she is staying in for 24 hours except for quick dashes for the call of nature. Still hates the litter tray but I always keep it on standby. Such a change in behaviour made me think she might be ill but her appetite is good, eyes are bright, inside mouth a good colour and, happy to report, hardly any scratching. :please: It is possible some animal might have frightened her one night.

Previously, it often crossed my mind she learned to associate the mites with the outdoors, but impossible to force house rules on a non-housecat. :dunno: But finally, after ten or eleven years of annual mite season, she might have worked it out. Other years, her discomfort has continued through October but as of now, all fingers and paws crossed! :sunglasses:
Trixie and I send love and big hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:53 pm

Good to know Trixie hasn't been troubled with her horrible itching as she often is Vannin. :ithanku: I have noticed Dolly is changing in temperament of late, smaller appetite, sleeping a little heavier. also her eyesight and hearing a little dimmer--------like me really. Have put it down to middle-aged- spread and the like :groaner:
Yesterday I went out for the first time since my 2nd Covid jab, it was back to the surgery for blood test also flu jab, I really must quieten down----going out too much that's my trouble. Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Hope everyone are feeling hunky-dory :please:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:17 pm

I have had 'good happenings' on two days running! Yesterday, my first venture outside after ten days indoors. I popped into town on the bus with the intention of booking a flu jab appointment. First place I went was Superdrug and asked there. The Pharmacist asked 'would you like to have it now?' Wow, yes please!! :ithanku: So I was jabbed, filled in a form and was on the bus to arrive home 10.30. :trink:

Only a slightly tender arm but slept on the other side. Early start today, CareCo rang yesterday to say chair would be delivered at 9 a.m. Poor man had to come here from Brentwood, Essex, in rush hour and the M25 is murder at the best of times. He arrived at exactly 9 a.m. and assembled it, and I am delighted.!
Good old CareCo! :clapper: As they are a factory, it explains the much lower price than the other places that have already bought their high-priced chairs from such factories. :magnify:

I might call my chair Penny in recognition of your guidance Penny. :lol: Hoping everyone is well. Take care :grouphug: Sending love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:55 pm

I am so pleased you finally got the chair. Do enjoy it. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi Vannin, good news about your new chair, I really am getting interested now. The Doc herself rang me up to discuss my blood test results, she has put me on another medication and wants to see me in a while to see if things has improved. Will see how it goes!!. More flipping pills???
Hope all is well with everyone. Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi, glad all is well :bighugs:
This post is also on the Good morning and weather thread. This morning having been a vet struggle! (Below)
I always dread visits to the vet because my sweet loving pet (at home) turns into a savage Cat from Hell in the consulting room. None of the vets can manage to examine her under the attacks and she has acquired a reputation there. As she was a rescue cat and was age 14 months when she came to me, I can only imagine a sad start in her life, either cruelty on the streets or a bad experience at the vet used by the RSPCA, causing her to be so afraid of them.
Luckily her problem of this week, which was diarrhoea with some blood, seems to have stopped now, but I have to take her back to the vet if it shows again. This would mean tests to be taken when she is sedated. So it is fingers and paws crossed! :please:
I bought 72 Christmas cards for £8 this week and they are not the cheap-y flimsy kind. I shall only use about half of them this year. Sorry to bring in the C-word when it is not even Halloween yet. (Over-hyped :roll: :rolleye11: :huffin: :sad:
Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from me and the dual catsonality who is relaxing and purring, glad to be home.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:34 pm

Good afternoon everyone,hope you are all well. :please: I do hope Trixie is over her tummy troubles, I can imagine like me you worry about all things do do with our beloved pets. Did you get your 72 Christmas cards---online--- or were you out shopping ? If online I would be really interested because I cannot get out at the moment. :banana: Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi Dita, The Christmas cards were not from online shopping, I should have said. I saw a new shop in town, just called The Card Shop :roll: :magnify: I'll have a look for my receipt which might have a more original name!
Trixie still not right but has stopped some habits like spending hours outside day and night. She has not gone out except for using the litter tray which is in the passageway, and she had ignored it for years but I always kept it on standby. She has also been playing with her toys, previously untouched for quite a while. But physically she is still 'loose' though not with the dreaded complication. If the diarrhoea persists, I shall ring the vet again soon. Trixie having 'vet-phobia' is itself a complication - one of them used that term herself. :magnify:
For all I know, maybe her bodily functions have been 'loose' for years but with always doing her business away from home, no way of telling, until now. She just suddenly started using the litter, as if to tell me.
We both send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes