Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Just lost my post, sorry Vannin and Trixie, it was too long to repeat. Lots of Love to you both from Dolly and me xxxxx :sunglasses: :grouphug:

I am watching my mate Stan the man , he's winning Andy xxxx :banana: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 am

Good morning everyone. My panic has subsided. I phoned the pharmacy supplier-by-post who said my order was for six months since last review, which is correct, but it suddenly stopped at four months since April review!! I rang the surgery as soon as it opened and amazingly was not in a queue, so pressing 2 for prescription dept is far preferable to 1 for appointments. I was assured my re-order will go through today so the Chemist4U should send it first-class and hopefully I will not run out in the meantime.

Whenever I am speaking on the phone, Trixie wants to join in and does loving head-rubs against the handset!!
Wishing everyone a good day and week and stay safe. Love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxx :grouphug: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi everyone the sun we have had most of the morning is now being replaced by cloud, was hoping to make Dolly happy in the garden. Funny what you were saying about Trixie rubbing the handset, when you chat on the phone, when my landline rings Dolly barks and gets really excited until I answer it. :roflmao:
I think my medication comes from a different pharmacy to yours Vannin, although one never knows for sure, anyway I think the one I deal with have their Headquarters at Leeds.
Like you,--- I wish everyone a great week and look after yourselves. Hugs and Love to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :please:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Dita, mine is called Chemist-4-U, part of Innox Trading Ltd which is in Lancs. The name is far too similar to Pharmacy2U, so probably there is confusion sometimes. The prescription lady at the doctor's surgery had to get back to me this morning to confirm it too.

I hope you were still able to make Dolly happy in the garden today.
There are not many visitors on The Rowan Tree in the past few days, but it was nice to see Twin1947 pop in.
Love to you Dita and hugs for you and Dolly from Trixie and me :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello everyone, it is a lovely sunny day here. Vannin I think exactly the same as you as regards our medication, as soon as Boots and Lloyds started charging for delivery our surgery got in touch, apart from the one time they ran out of one of my meds they have been extremely reliable. I must obey Dolly's wishes today because I felt ill and didn't go footballing yesterday, actually I very often have to push myself to go sometimes because if I don't I feel guilty, she does have me under control the little vixen.
Yes, it was good to see Twin 1947 popping in again, never mind Vannin I think it will liven up again, us four members will be here to greet them :) meaning Trixie and Dolly :)
Take care everyone, Hugs and Love to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi Dita, something lovely happened today! I went to the (too big) Boots today and found my friend is now Pharmacist there, since the small branch closed, so she was not lost to us. The assistant told me there was a massive demand for flu jabs and they will have no more vaccine till the end of October. As I turned back to the main shop, friend Caroline came out to me and softly asked 'Can you come on Friday at 10.10?' Well, of course I can! She said she had two doses put away after there were two 'no-shows' for jabs. "As it is you Mrs N" she said. Times like this, increase faith in human nature! :sunglasses:

I am sorry to read you felt ill yesterday and hope you feel better today. Getting really concerned about Penny, nearly a week since she posted. Usually it is technology playing up till her son comes to sort it, but this is more days than usual.
I had a long email from Patty in San Francisco, and the situation is much better , and I'm hoping the rain came at last and stayed for days - she didn't actually say. One of the others posting on FB yesterday said she had been smelling smoke and I hope it has been dealt with.
As you say, it is us four, still here so lots of love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me. :bighugs: :bighugs: Stay safe everyone.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:07 pm

I'm still around, just running from one thing to another! I don't know how I ever had time to go to 'work'! Spring here in the "Roaring Forties" can be very unpredictable. Brilliant sun in the morning, dark clouds and gusty winds mid day, pouring with rain (or snow down south) in the evening. The wind has blown off all the flowers on the Camillia and Rosie want's to know why we let it blow so hard!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi Ciderman and thank you for sharing your garden with us. We had two very windy days in the week after a spell of quite mixed weather, part summer sun and part autumnal. Well done to your lady head of government and all who kept the pandemic out of N.Z. Hoping you, Jill and the family are well.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:49 am

Yes Jacinda has done a great job what with the Christchurch terrorist attack, the White Island eruption and now this pandemic. What a very stressful first term as PM. She displays such empathy always very sincerely.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:01 am

ciderman_nz wrote:Yes Jacinda has done a great job what with the Christchurch terrorist attack, the White Island eruption and now this pandemic. What a very stressful first term as PM. She displays such empathy always very sincerely.

And had a baby too! :lilangel:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:33 pm

What a great surprise Ciderman so good to see you, and those beautiful pics showing your Rosie and Colourful Camellia really made me sigh with pleasure, thankyou. I have 2 Camellia in pots, have had them for years but that is very very large in comparison gorgeous.

Hi Vannin, what a great happening for you meeting up with your friend like that, and her a Pharmacist too , that's you sorted for the flu jab, also a few good conversations by the sound of it.
It was my 41st Wedding Anniversary yesterday, spent time recalling some of those occasions, never to be replaced.. It was my 2nd stab at marriage too. :bighugs: :grouphug:
Lots of Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me.

PS, Hugs to you Ciderman and Rosie too xx :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Dita and Dolly, yes anniversaries are the big nostalgia and can be bittersweet while you recall the wonderful times together. I know you and the Rowan Tree were a great help to me this year because I shared the fact the wedding anniversary is the day after the death anniversary. If I had realised yesterday about yours, I would have said more..., but you know I was thinking of you.

October is the month we lost our son (25th) and I try to hang on to to the knowledge it was wonderful to have him for the 28 years. This lovely Trixie would have been the apple of his eye because he loved cats and had just rescued twin female tabby kittens, it was heartbreaking to take them back from his house (sole occupant)to Cats Protection because they have a rule, plus we had two adult cats here at the time. But I saw the lady a year later and the kittens had gone quite quickly, she said 'to a young man who was like him in many ways'. So that helped. Now 25 years have passed, they must be well Over the Rainbow Bridge.
Ah well, life goes on for us. Take care all, stay safe. :grouphug:
Love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 pm

It's strange that I have encountered sadness on several forums in the last few days, including a suicide. I am lucky I have never experienced such things in my life- family or friends. On a lighter note!
Rosie has a big brother in Chum. He has to get down so she can reach his face, even now that she has grown a little but he is so gentle with her. 45kg versus 7!
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:27 am

What a lovely pair and great photo. I think when we first 'knew' you on Seniority, you had a little'un and a giant.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:24 pm

It will always be such a wrench to your heart each time Oct approaches Vannin, I could cry just thinking about it, and 28yrs old ?????. As you know I am well experienced in that field of mental health and was a Samaritan for many years and also carer for my own hubby.

I love that pic of Rosie and her mate Chum, Ciderman. I must pursue my old schoolfriend Derek whose parents emigrated to NZ in the late 50's. He does come back to the UK most years because he has 2 sisters here, I am afraid I have neglected him of late so must find him, He lives near Christchurch.

Must away and answer the door Vannin, Hugs and Love to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and me. Take care everyone xxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes