Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi all, where is everyone. Have you all been flooded. Sun has just popped out for a minute. We were promised a sunny afternoon and evening but it is still a bit dull. Been all morning trying to work out this new phone my son bought for me. Just no idea what all the little signs mean so pressing the wrong thing all the time. Useless at modern stuff. I do hope all are O>K> could not believe no posts yet. Take care. cheers Penny :bighugs:
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Good evening all,
Been a wet miserable day and its still raining,winter has arrived will be no more hot sunny days.
Havent been anywhere yet this week have been quite happy pottering about at home.
We have 2 squrriels visiting us lately so must buy some more peanuts,have sunflower seeds and apples on the tree,i was walking down the garden path and saw them sitting on the garden fence looking at me,they just sat there for a while then away they went.
I dont see the foxes anymore,but i dont feed them now so thats probaly why.
If you look on you tube Penny you will see how to use your phone ,but you need to put the name into search of phone.
twin1947

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Thanks twin. will think about that. I have two squirrels also. Lovely creatures. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi, all. I'm sitting down with a mug of tea before I take myself off for a quick bath and an early night. Just back from a super day out with a friend in Leicester. We were good friends and got together regularly when we both lived in Ilford but I moved here and she moved to Birmingham so we don't see each other often now. Leicester's a good halfway point we can both reach easily by train so we decided to pay it a visit. Neither of us had been there before so it was a step into the unknown but, thanks Google Maps, we didn't get lost!

We visited the Richard III visitor centre - interesting, especially the story of how he was found and "dug up", talked a lot, mooched around the charity shops in search of vintage clothing (her passion) and had a very late and gossipy 3 hour lunch in what is possibly the best Indian restaurant I've ever eaten in. On the way home, I watched a gorgeous sunset from the train because, at last, after seemingly endless rain, it turned into a lovely autumn day. :sunglasses:

Now I'm hoarse from talking so OH can have a peaceful evening with his computer games and without me talking at him!

Good idea to re-start this thread, Penny. 600 and something pages was probably a bit out of hand!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57 am

Glad you had a lovely day out yesterday Andere.

Good morning everyone.In between rain today we have some lovely sunshine.I have a day on me that I don't know what to do.Do I go and collect my medication from the chemist and pop into see Janet.Or stay at home and have a flat cleaning day. :roll:

Should have been Noddy afternoon but I put him off this week.Plus I have told him in future he must go home to sleep,no problem he said.

Was lovely going to see Logan at his harvest festival on Tuesday,but he is so tiny,once he has taller children in front of him,we can't see him. :sad: He was very chatty when he came out of school though which was lovely.

No drawing next week as its schools half term.

Have a good day all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:37 am

Lovely to see we all seem to be getting back to normal. Thought of you yesterday maggieh, in Sunday's Mail there was a little book {How To Draw}. keeping it hand in case I get time to practice. Stay at home today but only for a ME DAY and enjoy what you want. I am sure you will be able to enjoy a solitary day without Noddy. Take care all and enjoy the sunshine. Pleased you had a good time with an old friend Andere. Look forward to more. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi everyone, thought I'd been sent to Coventry? Never been there so I would certainly have got lost never to be seen again :) It is sunny today, there is much water needs drying up for most of us I reckon, so hope the sun shines on everyone today. Take care of yourselves lots of hugs from Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Good to hear from you Dita. Only slight showers here so nothing to clear away except leaves. Hugs for Dolly and all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Good afternoon all.Around 5am this morning we had a big clap of thunder people were saying it was really scary,luckily for me I slept right through it. :roflmao: Never heard the downfall of rain either.
Walked both ways to the chemist this morning about 20mins each way.I did wait for a bus coming back,but gave up and walked it. :mrgreen:

Had a lovely lazy day yesterday,think I had run out of steam :dunno:

Lovely cup of coffee here for my afternoon break.Its like a chinese laundry here this afternoon :roflmao:

Off to see Logan in the morning for a few hours,he will be going away for a long weekend soon with his mummy/daddy.He did ask me if I was going,bless.No Im staying at home.

Hope you are all keeping well.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Pleased you managed a lazy day maggieh and now time to look forward to see your favourite on Saturday. Did a great pie of washing this morning and seeing the weather , had a lazy day. Been very wet although sun shining now.Been dozing in the lounge alongside OH. Makes a change. Have a super Sat. morning. Hope everyone else is O>K> and ready for a good weekend in spite of rain. Take care all and hugs to all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Penny wrote:Hi all, where is everyone. Have you all been flooded. Sun has just popped out for a minute. We were promised a sunny afternoon and evening but it is still a bit dull. Been all morning trying to work out this new phone my son bought for me. Just no idea what all the little signs mean so pressing the wrong thing all the time. Useless at modern stuff. I do hope all are O>K> could not believe no posts yet. Take care. cheers Penny :bighugs:

As a new page 1 was started on the 16th,no wonder Dita wondered if she had been sent to Coventry! This is page 1 of 1

Though I agree it is confusing to see them both here under Anything goes. Dita, it is still named after you and I think you queried the thread title still continuing like this, a while ago.

For the benefit of any potential joiners, I wonder if some kind of 'arrest' block can be made on the old one? Then put the word NEW at the top of this one?
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi everyone, I do hope you are all well.... Vannin, thanks for your comments, since the thread started with my name 'Hi Dita & All' it has caused quite a few objectional comments from various people during its time on the forum, in truth I am very compliant with whatever anyone prefers and always have been. What I know is,--- it is my husband that died of late------not me. Now on a lighter note, :) I have had no dealings with your young man Penny but if I do I will ask you first, also my postie Paul is a lovely guy---shorts or no shorts and he was a good friend to my hubby during the last weeks of his life. If you think a block is a good idea and the administrators think it a good idea so be it, I joined a forum to be part of it------not run it. Could be a good solution Vannin, big hug to little Trixie from Dolly and lotta love from me too.xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:00 pm

So sorry to cause such a fuss. I was and still am having trouble with gadgets so hope this mix up will sort itself out. A good idea if Admin. can put CLOSED on the heading of the old one. Give us all a fresh start. Young chappie coming this afternoon Dita, said he is staying 2 hours so you will have to make do with your postman for a bit longer. Hugs for Dolly and all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Think I don't really have a desire for another fellow Penny, its far too soon after losing my hubby, and in any case the poor guy was getting very worn down after visiting you, and kept falling asleep on the job. Same goes for the postie really although you never know. Hope you get your gadgets sorted out, hope your son can give you a few lessons. Hugs from Dolly & yours truly xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 pm

O>K. will keep him going for now although I think maggieh is rather keen. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Next

Return to Anything Goes