Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all well especially you Vannin, I was thinking of you yesterday, Love to yourself andbTrixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi Dita, bless you. I had my eye injection today and feel fine after it. Very nervous about the 'Chair Repair Service Callout' tomorrow. It is a company called Homeserve Furniture Repairs, that CareCo uses. I looked up the reviews and some are really awful. I'll try to Copy'n'paste one on to this thread.
Thought for the day....I will not be surprised if I have to make a warranty claim. I have never had to before.
Last edited by vannin on Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Here tis!
"Incompetent cowboys.
Came to fix recliner chair motor. Made it worse then left saying they would be in touch having charged almost £100 call out fee. That was in June. Ignored multiple emails since. Finally replied in August and said they would send an engineer (ha, ha) round. They made an appointment but didn't turn up. More emails sent but no reply. Absolutely useless bunch of inept cowboys. They have basically charged me almost £100 to break the chair more than it already was. Truly the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Avoid at all costs. And there was no 2nd (free of charge) visit. A 2nd visit was promised but they did not turn up contrary to their posted reply. So dishonest as well as incompetent.

Reply from Homeserve Furniture Repairs
15 Sept 2021
Hi I am very sorry to hear you were unhappy with our service I can assure you and anyone reading this review that we do not charge a £100 call out fee so this information is incorrect you paid £45+vat which is not £100 and we revisited the 2nd time for free

I will look into the rest of your complaint immediately."
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:05 am

Oh! Vannin, all that is shocking, How did you get to know about the company in the first place? I was going to get in touch with them-------but wont now. Hope your eye is not too painful today. Love and hugs from Dolly and me to you and Trixie xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:19 pm

Dita, there is no fault being found with Careco at all,only the Furniture Repairers to whom CareCo forwards customer contacts. In fact, as from 8.30 a.m. when 'my' repair man left, I have no problem personally with either company! I'm sure you would be a happy customer (Remember we are VAT exempt!) The type of complaints like my 'sample' may be only 10% against 80% favourable reviews.
Yes, I got up at 6.45, having been given a slot 8 till 1p.m. and he arrived on the dot of 8 a.m. from the West Midlands.
It was not the motor, but a matter of 'fabric against fabric' that managed to emit a very loud grinding noise, which he fixed, and left at 8.30.
My daughter, whom I texted about the chair yesterday when they returned to London from Rye (mini-break) replied that she 'knows' the repairers since they had a flaw in their new sofa in Jan, fixed very satisfactorily.
Since I took delivery on 1st October I spent 2.5 weeks afraid to use my new purchase but have now been reclining there today. No noise except a soft hum which is normal!
My eye is still feeling no different from the 'good' eye, and is probably the most pain-free injection I have had. I hope all is going well with you and Dolly. Trixie and I send hugs and love to you both.xxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi Vannin. All's well that ends well-------great news about your furniture, and it looks like I got the wrong end of the stick-------very sorry to both yourself + the company involved. Good to hear your eye injection was at its least painful :) I got help over the weekend, my sis-in-law + husband came over from Lancs and had guessed that I was in a bit of a predicament, and insisted they came to give me a bit of a relief from things which I found very difficult to manage alone. Oh! Vannin I was so grateful to them, what an improvement to my outlook in life. Anyway, have very little else to say at the moment, Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi Dita, it is really lovely when something like that happens as a surprise, and it leaves a fuzzy warm feeling. :bighugs:
Today has turned out the opposite to the day I expected. For me it only brings inconvenience, but more important is a bad experience that happened to people I don't know.
When the new furniture arrived on 1st October, to make space here, I booked for a 'spare' armchair to be collected as a donation to the British Heart Foundation. They must be having a very busy season and/or short of drivers, as the first available 'slot' was today 8a.m.to 2 p.m. So once again (like Wednesday) I was up at 6.45. Nothing happened by mid-day then the phone rang. It was the local BHF manager to tell me the van with its two men, had been involved in an accident on the motorway. He said he didn't think they were badly hurt. So I rebooked for the collection and the first slot will be 3rd December!!
It must be a big shock for their families and colleagues, but thank goodness it was not worse.

Madame Fusspot has suddenly started to like Encore pouches of chicken with duck which is great, anything to make a change from all foods containing tuna. Not other flavours like salmon, sardine, white fish etc. The amount of waste that has resulted from my trial efforts! But happily my friend whose inlaws have a cat that eats anything, :ithanku: has been taking these off my hands recently. ;)
Trixie and I send hugs and love to Dita and Dollyxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Take care every one. Don't forget to change the clocks tomorrow night and have a good weekend. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:11 pm

What a sad experience for the BHF men who had the accident, I do hope they are on the way to recovery, usually the shock can be a long progress too. I wish them well. I have donated lots of stuff to our local Hospice. Dolly and I very often share chicken, its one of the few meats she will eat, occasionally she will eat a little white fish. I am having trouble with my mouse again. Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby dita » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are all well, :grouphug: especially you Vannin. :bighugs: I am still struggling with this laptop, hopefully my brother in law who set it up for me will come and sort it for me again. When ever I try to improve the ins and outs of this machine I only make it worse. :tantrum2:
Like you , I too keep trying to find foods which will satisfy Dolly, it is difficult because her diet was all dry food and the breeder advised to continue------this I did, but after losing her teeth it has proved a bit difficult because she will not eat anything soft despite me trying anything to attract her to it, :cheeky4: I do manage to feed her a little chicken and white fish occasionally but that it, plus the long sticks of treats which she did enjoy has all changed because I have to cut them into small pieces to avoid her trying to swallow them whole and risk her choking herself. :dunno:
I have been having chats with my my friend from Perth who has been very anxious about the young girl being abducted, thank goodness she was found safe and sound. Very odd circumstances though, I think there is much more to know about this odd situation. All for now, Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi, been a bit tied up, not only revising a volume of Latin choral singing from long ago, to sing this evening, but also coaching other choir members on the phone because Zoom is not working!!! The occasion is: the Bishop has arrived and a confirmation service will start at 7 p.m. It is the first Confirmation since before the pandemic, but usually annually. We received very short notice this time.
They turn to me for 'coaching' because all this has been in my head since nine years old but most of the younger ones have never known a word of Latin, either school subject or sung.
So I will be picked up shortly to have a warm-up session with the female organist. The usual chap is tied up with his school parents' evening!!!

Much love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Vannin and Trixie.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Wow! Vannin you are way ahead of me as regards your choir expertise, very complicated compared to my start at the age of 4yrs :exactly: having to stand on my aunties table and learn how to perform and learn how to present myself by standing properly while they gave me the low down :magnify: , and it was also war days too, they were very religious and enthusiastic I had much to learn :thinking: . After the war when my Dad was back home we rented a broken down cottage next door to the owner who was a Methodist Minister, he taught me how to play hymns on his organ, Jesus Lover Of My Soul was the first one and I can still play it. I am getting too involved with my past now Vannin, Love to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Quick reply! Jesu Lover of my Soul is one of the four I have chosen for my funeral!!
More tomorrow. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Oh! Vannin, its not very often I am speechless but I am at the moment---------How odd?? Hugs and love to you both from Dolly and me xxxxxx :roflmao: :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi all, hope you are not all shivering in these cold winds.
Dita, when you mention your memories of being put on your aunt's table and trained to be a little star,
brings back one of my earliest memories, age 3. We were in Ireland on a St Patrick's Day and my grandparents' neighbouring farm had opened up a field to the community to have a mini festival of accordian music, fiddle and mouth organ, some solo singing by adults, and dancing by a troupe of children, wearing the usual Irish dancing outfits and being a junior Irish Riverdance long before Michael Flatley was born and brought such dancing to the world. The children were on a trailer, a flat open wooden one usually used for shifting hay.
How I wished I was among them, and I remember standing up close to gaze at them. What I did NOT want was for my mother and aunts to plonk me up there alone when the dancing had finished. A crowd of strangers smiling, staring and expecting some kind of performance from this tot. So I burst into tears. I was furiously embarrassed and never forgot how the women caused it. Mother said she could see I wanted to join in. But not like that! :tantrum2: One of my uncles who had done accordian and singing - he had a lovely tenor voice, told them they were eejits. Always on my side, bless him! :ithanku:
Time for Strictly results! Want Rose to win. :please: Take care everyone. :grouphug:
Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Pleased I gave my account about my experiences of childhood, mainly because I enjoyed so much reading yours, :please: especially about Ireland because I love hearing about life there and I have been for some lovely visits, :grouphug: a friend was married at Belfast Castle, I have also spent a few days at Newcastle when I also visited the nearby Mourne Mountains :thinking: ?sp. My Grandson and his wife both live and work in Belfast too. Your story also reminded me of sing songs in the bars, also my favourite Dubliners and The Furies Bros were a must visit to watch them when they were touring this country. :welcome1:
Sorry if I am a bit quiet posting at the moment, do hope all is well with yourself and Trixie. As Arnie said------I'll be back. Take care, Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes