Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:17 pm

Cannot argue about that Vannin . Hope all is well with yourself and Trixie. What a crazy atmosphere we are all living in at the moment ???? Here I am talking alot of rhubarb again, Love and hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:04 am

The broadcast from The Commons yesterday, what else did we expect? I noticed some MPs getting teary-eyed..... and started welling up, to my own great surprise. Then I watched Panorama later and wanted to shout at two men saying the P.M. has charisma. That is NOT how I see charisma!!!! That Neanderthal thinks he is still in the Bullingdon Club.
Last edited by vannin on Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:21 pm

I watched it too Vannin, and understand what you mean. The speaker I felt must have been holding his tongue a bit poor guy, :oops: he could have with ease started a riot cos of all the stand-up comedy, :cheeky4: daren't even mention charisma :dunno: hee hee Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:01 pm

I greatly admire Ian Blackford, the SNP leader for telling Boris, quite often, to leave. His outspokenness yesterday got him 'sent off' by Mr Speaker. :sad: Dita, I think it is so good we can 'ave a laff' :lol: sometimes or this pathetic scenario would really get us down. I sincerely hope you are NOT down. :sunglasses:
Today I have had three calls from the surgery - two from a nurse then the doctor, one of the two new ptnrs whose arrival has reversed the grudge I was carrying against the old crowd - still not sure which two have left. I had reported having nocturnal heartburn in spite of having been on Omeprazole for years, so my prescription will be changed subject to results of a blood test which I must have on this Friday morning.

Other weekday mornings have been filling up because since Christmas, there are funerals to sing for, on average twice a week. Have been missing from the coffee mornings for a while as a result.
Trixie sleeps through my absences (as far as I know!) and there are nice welcome home times. :colorwelcome:
Love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:41 pm

Certainly a bit of aggro in UK parliament! Even making it to our screens.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:55 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:Certainly a bit of aggro in UK parliament! Even making it to our screens.
I wish we had someone like Jacinta - or is it Jacinda?
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:31 pm

I am very pleased that we have had Jacinda through these troubled times. Not just Covid but the Christchurch terrorist attack and the White Island eruption. No politician could ask for a worst term.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby dita » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:08 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are well. Bit of aggro you put Ciderman :tantrum2: --------think you put it mildly------as if there isn't enough going on in the world without all of our Westminster argument too. As you said too Ciderman you in NZ have had your fair share as well :exactly:. My little Dolly is my lifesaver she is certainly keeping me going , she is very demanding and despite her elderly years she is very active, I spend much time playing with her, this does keep me off the settee which must be good. I am thinking about you Vannin and Trixie and sending love and hugs to you both :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 pm

Hi Dita, I seem to be one of these people who mysteriously have lost the health symptoms they finally made an appointment about. After having the heartburn from before Christmas up till last week, by the day of the blood test I'd felt fine for 24 hours! :sherlock: Results on this Wed. Then on Friday I am due for an ultrasound at the Diagnostics Centre, for the Lipoma to be confirmed. It had been a small painless lump for many years and only changed last year. Nothing to worry about except the fact that the place is two bus-rides away. Might get a taxi one way at least!
Trixie has not enjoyed the strong winds, and I think Storm Corrie remnants are still around.
Sending love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:35 pm

I was phoned by the GP at 8.30 a.m. yesterday, instead of my having to wait till today to ring up and ask.
The blood test had shown that the heartburn I'd had since before Christmas (with the exception of Christmas day itself!!) was caused by my Thyroid condition going wonky as it has had too much of the drug Levothyroxine - been prescribed ever since 2000.
So all these years it has been underactive, Hypo, has turned round on itself and is now overactive, Hyper.
I once knew someone who had this happen and, like her, I will be prescribed gradually-decreased dosage of that drug and be bloodtested again in 8weeks to know what happens next. What a carry-on!!! :huffin:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 pm

I can so understand your comments Vannin, I am still taking 3 of my 5 meds every day since I was 58yrs old, one is a beta-blocker, despite of the fact that during that time I have also had 2 stomach operations, and had all relevant reviews etc???? have just had another med added to my list . :ithanku: :dunno:
In your case Vannin; I thought with Thyroid problems a tight hold on the situation was kept because of the changing possibility of the illness is concerned.
Love and hugs tou yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 pm

Kevin the gardener rang this evening and said he will be coming to see to the grass aerating/cutting, on March 16th. I have not had a call from the gardener who was given my number by my neighbour and it was such a good chat with Kevin - both he and Matt have had Covid, there was no way I could hum and ha and say 'Don't come'. :roll:
So what I am still looking for, is someone who will come fortnightly to see to 'everything else in the garden'.
Matt is well enough and clear to return to his salon and although he said he could help here sometimes, I haven't asked him yet and there is probably tiredness after being cleared. But I'm glad not to stall Kevin. :hide:
I had a long chat with Jane, my retired gardener after 13 years being both friend and gardener. She is not out-of-the-woods from a combination of illnesses but free from pandemic.
Trixie still gets very curious and excited when I am on the phone!
Dita, we both hope you are well and send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:05 pm

I am still on the hunt for someone to help out with a bit of hedge cutting etc. living out here in the sticks doesn't help, :roll: they spend most of what they earn filling up their petrol tanks to get here and back. I could lend them an old bike I have hidden somewhere in the shed, ------I wonder if that would encourage them ??? :thinking: Sad about your lady gardener Vannin, it is certainly a long and painful progress for her. I do hope things are improving with your thyroid troubles, hopefully the medication will help. Maybe Trixie would like to join WhatsApp and get a phone call her two from her night owl pals. Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Success today in the garden stakes! Well, I haven't met her yet but this Natalie and I have been exchanging emails since she went on Facebook this morning to say she is a gardener. :welcome1: Due here on Monday to do a recce.
The man my neighbour spoke to never materialised, and there is a need to get moving! :sunglasses: After Storm Eunice :please:
If forum people looked-in on the conversational thread and noticed how we enjoy our pieces of news, they might not produce threads which upset you Dita. We have tried so hard to make members look on here ('...and ALL' in the header) :sad: Where are you people? I know Ciderman looks in and Penny occasionally, so our huge efforts are not entirely in vain. Busting-a-gut is tiring and I have broken my anti-doctor stance by talking to GP, 4 whole times on the phone, so can't help a smidgen of health news among the humour. :dunno:
Just occasionally I ask myself, 'What can we do to make the others join in?' and answer myself 'They have no interest in any topic we produce'. :twisted: I continue 'Don't give up, my Irishness may yet get a smile at least'. I can make it amusing when I announce my Thyroid is transitioning from Hypo to Hyper, who will I see in the mirror and will the weight go down or up? Who am I? What am I doing here? :sunglasses:
Dita, love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and mexxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:54 pm

Why use the Humour thread????? :huffin: last time it was used was 2019 by Ciderman, before that I had posted a couple. :cry: It is now 2022. I agree with you Vannin you put it very nicely and I really couldn't explain better. :exactly: ----- Apart from giving it a load of rubbish which would be crappy to read. :cheeky4:
Lots of love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes