Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:34 am

Careful Vannin! Genealogy is much more addictive than cocaine! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 am

ciderman_nz wrote:Careful Vannin! Genealogy is much more addictive than cocaine! :-)

Thank you for the very valid warning. I had a few years of being too much involved in it , having first started searching in 2003. But by now, having gone as far back as I could, enough is enough! One factor is expense, if using Ancestry.co.uk. It is a while since I stopped subscribing, but can still look up 'the tree' or messages if need be. I got a life, don't worry! :sunglasses:

Btw, I hear there is snow in parts of N.Z.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Oh! my giddy aunt Fanny though Vannin, how intriguing :) Can imagine how it could get addictive. Guess my past is only in the UK as far as I know,------not heard of any from anywhere else??
It has been fine weather here today until now, thought I would pop on here to check mail and see if you had any news as regards your family??? before going for a game with Dolly, unfortunately for her it is now raining. Yuk!. Good to see you Ciderman xx. Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Afternoon all, thought we were due for rain today but been lucky so far. I hope all are well and keeping busy. Seems the quizzes are out of fashion so won't bother folk with them. Take care all.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36 pm

dita wrote:Oh! my giddy aunt Fanny though Vannin, how intriguing :) Can imagine how it could get addictive. Guess my past is only in the UK as far as I know,------not heard of any from anywhere else??
It has been fine weather here today until now, thought I would pop on here to check mail and see if you had any news as regards your family??? before going for a game with Dolly, unfortunately for her it is now raining. Yuk!. Good to see you Ciderman xx. Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx

Hi, not had news, and thank you for asking. It is hard to think about much else at the moment. We had a moderate shower earlier, and I have not been busy. The large part of my day was spent watching the entire serial of North and South on FV20, from 3.15 to 8 p.m. BUT in the commercial breaks, I got up to do short bursts of coffee-making, getting the evening snack and washing-up. Plus, in the 7-8 slot, Trixie on lap. She and I send hugs to you and Dolly and everyone.xxx :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Just received this on private message section of Facebook. "kinda in a wait-and-see right now. We have the trailer hitched up to go to friend in HMB who has room if we have to bug out. Right now it is still south of Pescadero". This is the lady who has a Papillon and spaniel that grew up together. She would have said if there was worse news from any other family households.
Last edited by vannin on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 am

vannin wrote:
Btw, I hear there is snow in parts of N.Z.

Yes we get snow regularly on the high ground but never here in Masterton, (well I think there was a lot in 1947 but I wasn't here. I was in Bermuda :lol: )
The strange thing is that they have been snowed in Aussie! Most unusual.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Afternoon all, lovely and sunny here today, so far only one little shower. Hope all are well and taking care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:46 am

Good morning on another wet one. I certainly won't try my usual bus trip today even if Tuesdays have become my choice of day. Tomorrow is expected to be dry. I hope everyone's week is having a good start.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:27 am

Morning all, Just stopped raining but looks like more. What a shock yesterday afternoon. Heavy rain and skys black. It just got heavier and heavier the along came lightening. I didn't hear any thunder but suddenly the rain stopped and along came a lovely blue sky showing a beautiful Rainbow. It was unbelievable. Then quick as it came it vanished and down came heavy rain which has been on and off overnight. Blowing now and looking very dark. Think we have a lot more rain to come. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:31 pm

What a windy wet day it has been. I hope Dita and Dolly are all right.
I have filled-in the TV licence application, to be paid for, but in a mood of great protest. For a start, BBC is offering a very meagre schedule of programmes. All those channels, but showing so much I find unwatchable. I know it has been badly affected by Covid19 like most other businesses. I signed the original petition by AgeUK and many thousands signed it, but the petition got nowhere. Just needed to rant, most of us are in the same boat. :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :huffin: :twisted: :cry:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for your thoughts Vannin, I haven't been feeling so great the last few days, just hoping it will go away soon, anyway Dolly is not happy she says I am being a miserable old----od.?
Hope your family are as ok as they can be, and we are worrying about a bit of thunder & lightening.
Like you I must apply for a TV Licence, Vannin, I object too. I keep putting it off, although I was the older partner the licence was in my hubbies name as the holder so that will be fun I guess.
Although its dry outside it is blooming chilly in the wind, I am freezing. Take care all and Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Afternoon all, sun finally showing itself after a very dull start. I hope all are well and looking forward to a good weekend. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Oh Dita, I hope you will soon be yourself again, and spreading your aura of good-humoured optimism. Do what you advised me, and keep hugging that Dolly bundle of love. :bighugs:

The Irish-American family connection is still safe, I am presuming because there would have been a third message otherwise. It is likely the cousin who loaded her trailer in response to official instruction to be prepared for possible evacuation, is still at home, like her neighbours. With her adored and adorable papillon and spaniel, she probably has more anxiety for them than for herself and the house. The intense heat has broken Californian records even before last week and it was that furnace together with lightening strikes that started the fires.

As for my immediate family, they are taking another mini-break tomorrow till Tuesday, this time westwards in Watchet, Somerset. It is close to our old place of family annual holidays when daughter was 8 until 14, and nostalgia will reign, if not the sun. There is Storm Francis in so many coastal areas. Yes, the temperature here is really changeable too.
Take care and be better soon, and everyone else take care too. Hugs from Trixie and me. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Good afternoon.I have been for a little walk around the block for excercise.Today I saw quite a few people wearing masks,although no one said anything to me as I wasn't wearing one.It was bad enough walking let alone wear a mask as well. :sad:

On my phone it tells me how many steps I walk in a day,flights of stairs I get up.So that is helping me get out side for a walk now. :roflmao:

I am still paying for a tv licence as not 75 yet. :sunglasses:

Weather was dull here this morning,but looks brighter outside now.

Have a nice evening everyone.Get better soon Dita.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes