Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 pm

Never mind, a new week is with us. :grouphug:
I look outside at the tall conifers in my front garden, and realised they are much too tall, especially in such 'Red Warning' conditions. They overlook the pavement and the road of course, and although I thought about getting a tree surgeon a year ago to reduce their size, too much else was going on. :groaner:
The worry started early yesterday when the trees were swaying so hard, and one of them was/is nudging the telephone wire. So I contacted a Tree Surgeon and left a message with my contact details, thinking they must be inundated with emergencies. He rang straight back and arranged to come tomorrow to assess. The lady who may become my new gardener is also due! Meanwhile I hope the gusty wind stops before a driver or pedestrian is killed by one of my trees.
I hope everyone is well. My new low dosage of my meds may be to blame or not, but I keep falling asleep in the daytime, and while awake I have an unnatural hunger to eat more than usual. Not good. :huffin:
Hoping you are OK Dita. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:58 pm

Hope everyone are well and didn't receive damage or harm to themselves or home during the recent dreadful storms. I am not sure if its my meds or old age which causes me to fall asleep all the time Vannin, after my lunch while sitting with a mug of coffee in my hand is a very usual time ???. :thinking:
We have some pretty lethal trees around here too, luckily they are still intact but it seems astounding. Hugs and love to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Hello everyone, sorry Dita for being 'a bit late'.
I still have this hearty appetite which used to be quite moderate till recently. The last thing I want or need is weight-gain. :huffin: Not falling asleep quite so much, maybe once a day after the meal instead of three times!!! :wakeup:
The tree surgeons were unable to come this week after all, probably the pressure of emergency callouts in rough conditions, as winds and torrential rain are against climbing ladders while using electric equipment.
They are hoping to be here on Monday.
Poor Trixie was just settling yesterday, getting over Storm Eunice, when a sudden hailstorm caught her out. Fortunately she was near a window when I opened it to get her in, but it was a nasty novelty for her. :sad:
Love and hugs to Dolly and yourself from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:06 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are well. Vannin I am so sorry for being so late again, :roll: I seem to be getting later and later, must be old age setting in, :sad: truthfully I am struggling a bit but not going to go into it. I do hope yourself and Trixie are both well, and hopefully Trixie is back to her normal self, full of confidence. Take care of yourselves Love and hugs from Dolly and me xxxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:40 pm

Dita, I am concerned you are not OK. Do 'p m' me if you feel the need. Don't suffer in silence.

I was ready for my 6-weekly eye injection on Tuesday, waiting for the phone call that usually says the transport is on its way, but had to start ringing the department when neither the 'warning' nor the transport arrived. I had to be given an alternative appointment which is not until tomorrow week. The paramedics of my booked transport had a hectic time with their listed pick-ups covering a large area, and they are usually so efficient I could not fault them. But a little S O S to say they were running late - would have helped.
We get all keyed up for appointments then deflated for a while!
Finally made a necessary apptmt to see dental hygienist next week and paid half the fee as deposit.
My flat-topped conifers were done by experts and it is a relief to call them 'safe' again.
Take care of yourself and remember I can be pm'd any time.
Love and hugs to you both from Trixie and me xxxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Hi Vannin I am sorry I am so slow getting back to you. I do have some issues going on at the moment, did intend sending you a PM but it will have to be another day now because I just needed to get on and off this laptop as quick as possible today. You seem to be having your share of problems too at the moment. I do hope your little Trixie is well, Dolly is ok but its not hard to tell that old age is catching up with her. I will PM you as soon as I feel able. Lots of Love to you both, and many Hugs. Thanks so much for caring for me, I do need it at the moment xxxxxxx Please take care of yourself Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Hi Dita and everyone, I hope all members are well.
I had to change my dental hygienist date from yesterday to early April because I felt queasy - no doubt part of the thyroid changes. Knowing these dental torturers keep you in the chair for at least half an hour - say no more! :sad:
But I (finally) had my eye-jab date today and glad to be back home. :fing:
I talked to the Consultant about the relationship of eyes with Thyroid, and although the Hyperthyroid condition of Graves Disease changes the shape of eyes, it can't affect the macula.:magnify:
I had a lovely phone chat with Matt who, since having Covid is now left with Long Covid, poor love. My hair is now in dire need of a trim for which he has promised to visit, but must leave for a little while longer. The last trim was last May! :sunglasses:
Dita I do hope you are feeling much better. My laptop is in a dodgy state since 'I lost Google'. Interestingly a blast from the past, called Internet Explorer' is not quite obsolete as I thought, and is keeping me on here till someone with knowhow can come to my aid. :dunno: :lam:
I hope little Dolly is enjoying herself tho' no doubt tiring you with the favourite game. We both send love and hugs to you bothxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:27 pm

I am so sorry Vannin, I was certain I had answered your mail above, honestly have no idea what happened, I must have had a brain storm or something. I do hope yourself and Trixie are both ok. things still the same here. Take care Love and Hugs Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:00 pm

Hi Dita, don't worry about it. I am aware of having a brain fog which which is denser by the day! :? Any kind of reminder to myself, gets written down and consulted all the time. :roll: To know what day it is, I look at both my diary and TV planner to make sure. I won't forget about changing the clocks soon either!
Amazingly my laptop glitch was solved in two seconds flat, thanks to Chris :oops:
Both the 'upcoming' Sundays of importance being Mothers Day and my 80th, the first one will be celebrated on the following Thursday when daughter has a day off, and the second will be brought forward to the Friday - all just to confuse me more. :dunno:
Trixie is well thank you, and I hope Dolly is. Yourself too of course. We both send love and big hugs.xxxxx
:bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi Vannin. What you wrote sounds exactly like me, :huffin: I am getting rather concerned and just hope and pray it doesn't get much worse, :cry: being isolated for 2yrs does not help and my husband dying just prior to the pandemic certainly doesn't. I guess also my age of 85 yrs does mean that braincells are dying off quite rapidly. Oh! heck :groaner: whats the point bothering about it all, cannot alter the situation.
I hope you have a wonderful 80th Birthday also Mothers Day, I shall be thinking of you, guess you are not that far behind me. :welcome1: Have noticed you have been busy posting a few subjects trying to improve the forum a little, and I will be having a read and hopefully joining in, you are right it is in such a need of enthusiastic participants again, it was a great interesting forum so why not again ??? Hope yourself and Trixie are well, Love and Hugs from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi Dita ; and I hope you are well and are relaxing to enjoy the sunshine - I presume your weather is having the same sunny spell as here? Once again I tempted fate by describing family-plans of get-togethers too soon. I heard this morning my s-i-l has Covid, the other two are still OK so far.
My daughter was expecting to visit a week today to do the late Mothers' Day. They were all expecting to do the early 80th birthday visit on Friday 8th April which is not really imminent. But, as to how things will pan out, between now and then, is an unknown.

Yes, I felt it was time to introduce a few different threads, obviously IN ADDITION to the existing ones ie quizzes and weather, to get a balanced choice of topics (lighthearted).
Trixie is very sweet. Twice in the twelve years (anniversary of her coming here April 1st) she has seen me cry. Her reaction was very agitated and both times she stood on my lap to kiss my nose. Bless her.
I hope you and little Dolly are spending non-energetic time in the garden. Lots of love and hugs to you two from Trixie and me.xxxx
Last edited by vannin on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:22 pm

Son just popped in with mother's day gift. I had told him not to worry as he is away on business on Sunday, but he would insist. Anyway I am very grateful. I am not sure if daughter will make it, will have to wait and see, her job is anytime as she visits anywhere to check any children being mis-treated. Take care Dita and Vannin and enjoy the weekend. Penny. (Soon to be O.A.P. 95 in May ha ha )
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Hello and I hope everyone is well :grouphug: This is a quickie, as I have described my anticipated Saturday evening, on Laurie's thread about the clocks changing. After I simmer down from the evening out, :fam21: there is no doubt I shall post more about it! The uncertainty about my family being affected by Covid, but so far only one tested positive, it means I may not be seeing them at all for the two dates that were planned. But this weekend is not something I'd cancel.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:28 pm

Sorry to hear the covid news and the disruption to your pending celebrations. Hug and Love from the both of us. xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm

Hi all and I hope there is a good health recovery in any who felt poorly this week.
Saturday took me back over the years, recalling that I was 32 when Abba burst upon the music scene, so not too old to be caught up in it! :fam21: The age span of the party-goers was from 3 months (performance director's baby daughter) to over 80. The baby loves music and bright lights, never made a sound all evening. :dance:
There was performing by the Beaconsfield Musicals Society; a Greek supper of Koftas and salad then Baklava (yum) and 70s-based quizzes, then dancing - to recorded songs with 'audience participation' which meant we could bawl along with chorus bits like Super Trouper, Take a ch-ch-chance' and Voulez-vouz A-ha! :urock: then to taped 'other artist's' hits like 'Come On Eileen'. :lol: Dita, we needed you. :bighugs:
Trixie, not being accustomed to my absences of a few hours, was very welcoming when I arrived home. She and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes