Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Good afternoon everyone, hi Dita. The wretched Fybro is much better than yesterday - what a pain it chose to bring the biggest flair-up in that 24 hours I was 'having Christmas'.
Yesterday was dismal, not even a postal delivery. This morning it was non-stop! First I had a special delivery of the most beautiful and vibrant flower arrangement from my daughter, red and cream roses, berries, greenery and 'goldery'. Then the window cleaner who is always a pleasure to have a socially distanced chat with. Then three friends in succession with cards and presents! So three more chats at opposite ends of the porch! Trixie didn't know whether she was coming or going and probably thought 'My mum is being very unwelcoming if she never invites them in any more'!! Lockdown is confusing for home-based little ones.
I have stacks of left-over food even though the family took quite a lot with them including the allotment produce Ashok brought me, his wife Param was one of the three today and I expressed all our thanks again.

I know it is a few more days to go, but I hope everyone can enjoy the run-up to 25th in some form. I hear Maisie is not too well again. Wishing you better Maisie, and good health to all. Lovely to see you Maggie and Ciderman. Stay safe and sending hugs and love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Morning all, what a dreadful day. Have you all got rain. Very dark all day so far and I can see no sign of it getting better.Had word from friend in Texas USA and he says snow is expected for Christmas Seems the virus problem is worse over there than here. Also from friends in Florida. having Christmas entirely alone and he said this virus is much worse. I pray we can get it sorted soon. Anyone heard from Maise. Have been unable to post usual card as we are stuck here with no one we can ask to use the postbox.I do hope she is o.k. If you are looking in Maisie try and drop us a line. Do take care all and keep warm. :please: :please: :please: cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Hello everyone from rainy, windy, very cold Lincs--------think that's covered it all weather wise. no footy hee hee. Vannin it does sound as though you are feeling much easier, it is still a shame you were badly attacked just at that time when you were so looking forward to seeing your family. Not much else to chat about today so I will give someone else a chance :)
Take care everyone and Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 pm

I have my follow-up appointment at the private hospital this eve 7 p.m. Being picked up at 6.30. For the past week I have been on the prescribed steroids, Prednisolone Oral, for my mouth. Side effects are very apparent since the weekend: nausea and heartburn and tummy upset today. Shall be glad to come off them - the mouth is fine. So tomorrow, I shall be quite relieved, I am sure. Will see you then. Trixie has slept all day long, I don't know what she gets up to at night, but the marching magpie disappeared about a week ago. Hope everyone is all right especially Penny's grandson, and Maisie. Trix and I send love to Dita and Dolly.xxx
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Well I got the 'meals on wheels' for today, the last day before Xmas so there will be masses of meals for today tomorrow and lots of frozen ones for the next few days. Hope you all have happy Christmas in what must be a traumatic time in the UK. Greetings to the canines from Chum and Rosie, :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Beautiful creatures. Now, you take care and have a lovely Christmas. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Morning all what a beautiful start to the day. Such a lovely clear blue sky. We were expecting freezing fog as per announcement last night but no sign yet I am pleased to say. Hope all are ready for tomorrow. Take care now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:36 pm

A Very Happy Christmas Ciderman, such a beautiful photo of Chum and Rosie, Dolly is really taken with Chum and is grumbling and staring at Rosie, anyway she sends love and tail wags to them both. We have had snow showers this morning but they keep turning to sleet before very long. It is very cold. I am waiting for an answer from Maisie, bit worried now because she normally gets back quite quickly???
Hope you are ok Vannin, been wondering how your appointment went last night, love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and her slave xxxxx Take care all xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:03 pm

This what Maisie sent to friends on the 20th and I hope she will not mind my passing it on:

" I only wish I did feel on top of he world but having a lot of problems with an enlarged colon at the moment so got to go for another scan. I hope you are keeping well and managing to stay on top of this blasted virus."
Dita, Dolly sounds quite a flirty little madam, and Ciderman - it is another beautiful photo of an adorable doggy relationship.
My 7 p.m. appointment last night was brief, I was called in a minute early, enjoyed another reassuring chat with the great man who was shocked about the side effects ('throw away the last three!') , and was home by 7.30 ! The taxi rides were great but not to make a habit of using.
Get well soon Maisie, stay safe everyone, and Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly.xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Merry Xmas everyone. Only popped in to say I have heard from Maisie, she told me more or less what Vannin had indicated all ready. Stay safe and have a good holiday. Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby dita » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas .... Here's wishing you all A Happy New Year xxxxxx hugs to vannin and trixie xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 am

Morning all. Thanks Dita, we decided not to have Christmas day until we can all get together and grandson is better. So, we just treated the day like a normal one and went to bed early. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I have not deserted but it was strange. As soon as Christmas Day became night, I only wanted to hibernate, even be unsociable. The feeling lasted for the weekend and now I've had enough of ME. The restrictions cause a hibernation anyway, so I am ready to be positively upbeat again.
Although alone, I was visited by lovely well-meaning people on Christmas Day. They brought seasonal plated dinners for both C Day and Boxing Day. I had minimum appetite but did my best because it was good grub prepared with love. I am so grateful for the caring.
I had an Ocado order delivered today, much smaller than the last two. The family will zoom me later today as they did twice since Christmas morning which is nice.
Penny, as I was was moving my bins, I remembered I had not asked. Has your council been doing it right? The assisted bin collections?
I hope your celebration day, in lieu of Christmas, will be good like the one I had when we brought it forward to the prior weekend.
I hope everyone feels well, is it too soon to say Happy New Year? Dita, sleepy little Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly.xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Morning all. sincerely hope you are feeling better vannin and getting ready for a good 2021. Hubby got in touch with the dustbin folk and the promised to call within 10 days. However, we have now received the form asking details of the drive and how far from the lane. So now awaiting results. Will let you know if and when. Meanwhile, look after yourself and keep warm.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Morning all. Awoke to an angry sky and the ground covered over with a whie frost. Very cold. I hope all are well. Keep trying to follow this virus trouble but seems it is just getting worse. How long are we going to stay in lockup. Anyone got snow?. Looking out now getting very dark. I hope all are keeping warm and well. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes