Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Wrote it ---lost it. Doesn't your surgery keep you informed about these things Penny, without your husband having to visit the surgery? especially because of his recent illness. My surgery have been in touch a couple of times with me because of hiccups over the Covi injection, it was cancelled through the lack of vaccine supply twice, it wasn't going to be administered by our surgery either but they kept sending me information to keep me safe.
Hugs and Love to Vannin before I lose another post, from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Hubby says it should be sometime soon He was kept outside whilst a young lady dealt with him. Not easy to get an answer from hubby so I will just have to wait and see. Son just phoned, bringing me a load of shopping. Don't know what I would do without son and daughter. Keeping fingers crossed will let you know if and when I hear.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 pm

Probably the most important G.P. appointment of our lives. Apart from the recent months of doctors apparently having a nice daily rest, the admin staff, with a bit of additional training, have probably been constantly on the ball. I am very surprised that such a vital phone message to a nonagenarian couple, was not followed up by texts or a written/emailed confirmation. How can it be possible to forget?
If I was the lucky patient with an apptmt, it would be my last thought at night and first thought in the morning plus most of the daytime, counting the hours.
My surgery was quite annoying with its texts in Sept/Oct, the time of flu jabs. I had the courtesy to ring reception to say I would not be coming because I had a date fixed in early October with Boots, as in previous years. (It is easier to get to) OK they said, it is noted. Well....a bit later the texts started coming till they were daily 'Go for your flu jab'. Three times I again rang surgery to say, 'Remember I had it - I told you and also filled in the Pharmacists form (5th October)which goes back to the surgery'. I was told OK, it will be recorded. Finally in nearly November it stopped. Too much technology, too many cooks and not enough person-to-person. I hate going there but the vaccs will probably be at another centre.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 pm

Dita, I was wondering about your forthcoming appointment too. Centres are springing up to get through it and there are now two big questions being posed.
1. Should there not be more trained medical people to keep these centres moving? No, not enough staff. Like the Nightingale Hospitals which are not opening up to cope with huge demand for ICU beds, because there are not the staff and the wards have been dismantled.
2. Pharmacists are wanting to know, as trained experts, why they are not called upon, same as in times of flu jabs. Also, retired doctors and retired senior nurses who want to join in to help, are being told they must produce all their professional paperwork back to medical school. Red tape will take valuable time.
Ah well, let us hope they sort themselves out now the supplies of vaccine are said to be plentiful.
Hugs and love to you Dita from Trixie and me.xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi Vannin, as you know I have been isolating and still am, was sent a text to say my bloods and check up were due, I rang and they said it would be ok to wait while it was safer because of the situation, I mentioned the pending vaccination and was told they will let me know when I can go and get it at the place where they were administering them. We then had a short discussion when I pointed out that its ok for me to not have my check up because the risk of catching the bug, but it is different when it comes to actually risking picking it up by finding my way to some other place to protect myself from catching what I am going to have an injection for. There was really no answer to that and now await to see what happens, I realise what stress they are under and didn't push anymore, I am pretty safe where I am and that in its self is a blessing. Its all such a mess for everyone. Pleased I am not in the USA at this time as well. Love and Hugs to Vannin and Little Trixie xxxxxxx, also for everyone else please take care xx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi Dita, I know exactly what you were asking and the doubts behind it. I suppose most of us are perplexed by the same doubt. I am not at all confident about continuing to keep my eye appointments even though I continued with them right through the year but with nervousness each time, regarding the transport more than anything. Now with the new more infectious strain, and recalling the 2.5 hours I sat in a corridor awaiting the transport home, with any number of people trekking past me, I am against repeating it.

I admire the ambulance service and it seems all wrong, now they are depleted in numbers when needed by very sick people, even these non-emergency vehicles can be vital. So it is wrong for a well person only getting an eye injection, to be in a system where it is just one passenger to one ambulance. Last time, I believe that day's demand was in turmoil. I am due next time on Jan 28th and hope to receive a letter.

The confidence I used to have about the 'ifs and buts' in 2020 has truly evaporated. Feeling safe at home, like you, but not going for many walks. A waiting game is full-on and we can only TRY optimism!
Love and hugs from Vannin and Trixie xxxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Morning all. Hope everyone is keeping warm. Such a chilly night but no snow yet. Any news of vaccine yet. Nothing this way at all. Impossible to try phoning surgery, have to join a queue and when your number is about to come up, surgery is closed. I give up. Just staying indoors and relying on son and daughter to keep the pantry stocked up. I do hope all are keeping warm. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all. Hope everyone is keeping warm. Such a chilly night but no snow yet. Any news of vaccine yet. Nothing this way at all. Impossible to try phoning surgery, have to join a queue and when your number is about to come up, surgery is closed. I give up. Just staying indoors and relying on son and daughter to keep the pantry stocked up. I do hope all are keeping warm. Take care. cheers Penny

Penny, surely with both your son and daughter seeing to your daily needs, one of them could have sorted out the surgery appointment for you?
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi everyone hope you are keeping safe and well. Penny do you not have your grocery's delivered by Sainsburys now? I would starve if it wasn't for them bringing my food every couple of weeks. :please:
Vannin I really do feel for you having to risk your health to get your treatment so regularly for your eye problem, and the trouble is you have no options. :thinking: What a turmoil the worlds in, I was brought up in the war and at least we knew who the enemy was, this is really something else. :sad: Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Thanks vannin, unfortunately my son has to take grandson for a check every day and daughter is going the rounds each day checking cases of child mistreatment so I could not put more on their shoulders. Will keep trying the surgery. they did say they would be in touch when vaccine was available.

Anyone having troubles on here. Have put on a puzzle three times and it has vanished. Will give it one more go. Hubby having same problems. :groaner:

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Would you believe it. Just had call from surgery, our jabs are booked for next Saturday. On top of that on go my puzzles. Hooray. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:58 pm

I ran up against a technical prob called 'DNS server not responding'. It was about two hours ago when I had tried to send my rather long post and I wondered if this was what happened to Dita, Penny and Lacy.
Not having a clue what anything means, I copied off about twenty sheets of instruction which look Greek to me, intending to spend possibly the weekend trying to sort out. It was only this forum that was not opening.
Then I went to watch Eastenders and came back. Logged in again and Hey Presto! Clicked on this and got in!!!! I don't trust it to stay OK though.
I posted 'Great news Penny! I'll want to know every detail, whether you have to queue and is it on the usual premises?'
Dita, I posted about the newsletter that came from the Macular Society today, similar to one last year, urging such patients as me to keep our appointments, because many stayed home questioning 'Should I risk my sight or my life?' :sad: As today's BBC News showed the ambulance services completely overwhelmed,.... with firefighters deployed to drive ambulances, I am determined never to deliberately add to their situation. There was a phone number in the newsletter, for anyone with questions to ask, so I'll try it tomorrow. I know I shall not manage to be succinct as you were in your phone conversation. :sunglasses: The way you expressed the dilemma was something I can do on paper or email but not phone! A legacy of my last few years employment being in call centres. NO COLD calling, but scripted!!

Trixie is really feeling the cold now, sleeping more than ever - near radiators.
Take care everyone and stay safe. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from both of us.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:35 am

My technical problem is that my connection to the Internet is constantly dropping in and out and sometimes when it is out I can still access various websites ! My computer expert son-in-law has checked it and says it could be an ISP problem so next Monday I’ll be heading in to the Apple store and ISP to have things checked out. I had been intending to look at new iPads anyway. I’m not sure if this will load or not ..... I may be lucky this time ! :groaner:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi everyone, very cold but we have the sun, no snow. Vannin I have just looked back at what I posted about my chat with the receptionist at our very small surgery, it probably read harsher than it actually was, because she thought I was justified in feeling that way and our conversation was quite jovial. Funnily that actual place where the jabs were taking place were on a local news bulletin last night, I thought it quite amusing and relieved there were many folk queuing.
My laptop keeps behaving strangely and posts seem to just vanish, I try to be gentle about its behaviour because I am not very good at using the technology anyway :) Do hope you find a new iPad which is suitable for your needs Lacey . Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx. Take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi Dita, no I certainly couldn't use the word harsh for your conversation as described. It came across as
description of the dilemma that is faced, on equal ground with someone interested in hearing it. Jovial too!
In a chat today with my daughter (who phones a bit more than two or three times a month now) we were chatting about that, and how London is faring, and she said I should not be beating myself up about transport! I tried ringing the helpline of Macular Society but with it being Saturday, nobody there.
No news here, except there was fog this morning, cleared in afternoon. Wonder if cold affects laptops. :magnify:
We both send love and hugs to you and Dolly. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes