Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:09 pm

It has been dreadful here too!!!
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Further to my line above, news from 'my' Americans. Yesterday it was 74 degrees F in Southern California!! The news about N. Calif (Los Angeles end) is severe in its measures, as deaths have increased so much, but so far, San Francisco end still has less stringent measures, so can enjoy their sun in a small way.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi everyone from an at the moment dry, but very dull even after the fog has cleared, not very warm either-day------- So what about the sun Penny, are you keeping it all for yourself???
:groaner:
Think talking about the climate should be a no--no after reading the above Vannin xx. :exactly:
I am still trying to get some Xmas cards signed and sent?? the postbox gets emptied once a day and I keep missing it. Take care all, love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxxx :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 pm

So sorry Dita, very dull here to but looking at the chart getting slightly warmer. As soon as I can grab the sun I will send it over. cheers Penny :sorry:
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Penny wrote:So sorry Dita, very dull here to but looking at the chart getting slightly warmer. As soon as I can grab the sun I will send it over. cheers Penny :sorry:

And to here Penny, don't forget! My weather seems to follow the same pattern as Dita's.
Meanwhile, my 'other' Americans, the in-law multitude in Utah, has been having thick snow, which they are well used to every year. Likewise the Canadians who seem to have it all year from the sound of things!
No wonder Harry and Meghan's stay in Vancouver was not very long. But in their new American home, they are up against the more harsh Covid conditions.

I went as far as the postbox today, Dita. The postie was emptying it as I approached and I didn't mind him driving away as I posted my bundle of cards, the new lot to wait till tomorrow's collection. It is illegal for a 'hand-over' to be done even without the added possibility of me passing infection to the postie!!
Dita, the little sleepyhead here, and I send hugs and love to you and Dolly xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Vannin what you said about it being illegal because of infection, I cannot fully understand unless it has anything to do with the Covi levels, we have just moved to 3 level-------anyway a couple of weeks ago , I know of someone whose postie took her letters as he was delivering her incoming mail. Was this illegal??
Another dull miserable day Take care all and big hugs and love to you Vannin and cuddly Trixie xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Penny, thank you! Today much milder.

Dita, the handing of our letters to the postman who delivers, probably not done now though it used to be the practice in Ireland. But we can return an unwanted package at the point of delivery.
The handing to the postman who is emptying the postbox, (was what I heard decades ago) became illegal, because (I suppose) he/she could be held liable for loss afterwards. Infection possibility is just an additional bit I thought of yesterday.

My deliveries appear to be coming through normally now but that fortnight without any sign at all, that was down to Royal Mail's coping difficulties.
With Penny having sent me a milder day, I nipped out this morning and returned with three items (no queuing) in one hour, ten minutes. Felt much better for the breath of air!.
The patrolling magpie in the front, I think I mentioned, it definitely has designs on Trixie because when I let her out today, there was an instant call from it, on the porch roof. She 'froze' for a second then went on her way. I know mother birds are vengeful - naturally - if they know a cat took their baby, but it is years since I knew Trixie to do that. With past cats, birds, usually thrush, used to continue having a go at them, quite rightly. I shall consider Trixie innocent for the time being. She joins me sending love to Dita and Dolly.xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Morning all, sorry about the weather. Tried to catch the sun yesterday but as soon as I opened the curtains, it vanished and no matter how I searched I could not find it. It will be the same again today I'm afraid, if not a little colder, so do take care and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:50 am

Hello, I was not online yesterday because I was standing by for contact from London, following something I heard in the morning. However it was all sorted later in the day but for a while I felt incapable of posting because my head was full of 'matters'. But all is well now, nobody is upset and normality prevails.

Then at the end of yesterday and again today, I am wondering if Dita is all right. I know we don't all have to make daily posts. But because 'we are few' and fairly close, a day of no-post is noticed, and I am hoping that if anything is amiss with Dita, it would be her computer again rather than herself. Hope to hear soon Dita. Love and hugs as always. :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Morning all, another dull one I'm afraid. Got up early to catch the sun but no luck. Pleased all is O>K> vannin. As I was the only one posting on here yesterday I nearly gave up altogether. Fortunately some answered the funnies so I stayed on. Do hope Dita is O>K> Come on. post for us Dita and let us know all is o.k. just done a pile of ironing, mainly shirts. One of the best items hubby ever bought is my ironing nachine. Now, take care all and start posting. cheers Penny :please: :please: :please:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Good afternoon ladies. :mrgreen:

Another wet day here and darkish.I have had the joy of talking to my grandson Logan today,he loves to chat away.Telling me how naughty his elf has been,empyting crisps over the work surface,sleeping in a saucepan.And even the deer got in on the act and went to toilet by the back door,lol.

Well unfortunally I am back in a splint for a few more weeks.I have a stock of painkillers in ready to take.

Does your hubby wear a shirt every day Penny,think I would teach him to iron his own shirts. :roflmao:

Does anyone feel in the xmas mood yet?I don't.Not sure if I am going to my daughter's now,a little hic-cup arose.Might have to buy myself a little chicken. :dunno:

Hope Dita posts soon so we know she is okish.Enjoy the dancing tonight and take care.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone, and thanks for your kind thoughts and comments you have said, you have no idea what a difference it makes to me. I must have tried to do too much after that fall because the hurt came back with a vengeance and yesterday I could hardly move, but thankfully it is a little easier today, as you know I have my husbands aviary and the last of his 3 cockatiels to care for, it is quite a responsible job, not so much the birds as their home, it is quite big and has to be kept clean etc. Had thought about bringing them inside in a cage but they would not survive, also they are so old now and it is all they have known, had also thought about letting them go to someone else but I worry they wouldn't be taken care of. :) being old and decrepit is the main fault :) just gonna keep dosing up and hope it goes away ??
Like you Vannin I have also a few other things on my mind too, but I do appreciate what good friends I have here with you all, especially you Vannin and Trixie, love and hugs to you both, Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi Dita, I am so glad to see you here but sorry to learn there is pain, I wish you a better night and all the time ahead. My neighbour had cockatiels which lived a surprising number of years. Hard work though.

Trixie has been doing such a sweet good deed for me lately and I have been a recipient a couple of times each week. Since she finally twigged a few years ago that bringing me presents of the small four-legged variety was not appreciated, she stopped leaving them regularly at the foot of the stairs. But a few more times she left them outside the back door. Sorrowfully she used to watch me get rid of them and I felt a bit sorry for her.
Her new thing is make-believe with dead leaves. She stalks them and tosses them in the garden for good playtimes, then for my lucky times she gathers two or three and brings them in to be my new presents at the foot of the stairs. I think the patrolling magpie is jealous of her games and does its calling-out. I can't believe she had been attacking young magpies while I was home most of the year. As for her fun generally, I think of how I spent out on a few more playthings which get ignored, while dead leaves cost nothing at all and give much pleasure!!
She is waiting on the landing to see me safely to bed then she will have a little wander before settling down, spending most of the night indoors since the cold weather descended.
Take care everyone especially Dita. Love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx She sends a cyber leaf. :worryrose: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Good afternoon everyone, it is still raining here, think there was a little break during the night but not so long it made much difference. Thanks so much darling Trixie for your gift, Dolly promises not to bark at you if you visit and will save you one of her favourite treats. We have plenty baby magpies when breeding season is upon us, Squirrels manage to get into my House martins nests too by climbing up certain drain pipes to the nest in the eaves. Lots of cats here too ???
The old Great Expectations has just come on, think I will have a look. Hugs and Love to you both from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Hi all. It is another of those cold, wet and dark days here, have not seen daylight arrive and now it is 'dusk'! Even the magpie has shut-up today. When the ground is very soggy, the leaves are not such good toys/captives for Trixie. A lap indoors is more fun!
TV offerings are a bit dull for weekends, hope Christmas offerings will be better. Yesterday I started watching Goodbye Mr Chips again. The modern Martin Clunes version - have also seen the original with Robert Donat. But this time, I fell asleep just after his bereavement, which felt very disrespectful of me. A few years ago there was a serial 'The Town', starring Martin C as its Mayor. It was filmed in High Wycombe and one day when I got off my bus in the High St, who should be striding towards me? Yes, Martin Clunes in full mayoral regalia and very striking it was too! He was heading for the old library which had been transformed into civic offices, so the cameras were waiting there!
Maggie, sorry to hear your finger is still bad. Strictly was good last night and I am favouring the two young ones. Goodness knows what Motsi wears on her large front but it only draws all the attention to bust size!
Take care everyone, Dita I hope you have done with heaving the bird-houses for the time being and are OK.
Love to all and gentle hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes