Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Happy Easter Monday to you All.
Thanks so much for your comments about Ruths Passing, she would have a giggle I am sure of that. It was good to know that she wasn't suffering anymore because each time she got over a hurdle another one popped up. Ciderman you are so right, I too have noticed too that many folk I remember from my past have been lost, seems ironic in some ways. :thinking:
Thanks so much for those hugs Vannin, here is some Love and Hugs on their way to you too :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs: not forgetting you Ciderman
:grouphug: Take Care xx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Hello, I'm late today, catching up with some de-cluttering!!
With family involved with work over part of the Easter weekend, it will be next Sunday we celebrate together instead. Like December when we had family Christmas the weekend before the real 25th!!! Nowt wrong with having our own version :lol: :exactly: :clapper: :fam21:
They will come early on Sunday and then we go out to Cliveden where the magnificent grounds are open and we have made bookings. They are members of National Trust because I bought their membership as a present and now get taken around! :hide:
Be here tomorrow. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
P.S. That ginger tom has kept a low profile today and Trixie is more relaxed and eating properly.
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 pm

No Vannin it was here today drinking out of my fish pond :roflmao:
We have 2 cats that visit one is a ginger tom and a black one,shes befriended us,so we give her a few cat biscuits and fuss her,we have permission to feed her.
Well we had some snow today didnt settle has been sunny and windy though,
Have to remember all week what the day is now :roflmao:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Twin, I have been wondering each day for a year, what day it is! :roflmao:
They say a domestic cat can run 30 m.p.h. so it is not impossible the cat you saw was the same one!!! :lol:
We had some sleety rain today but snow stayed away so far.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:58 pm

Have been feeling a little confused about what is the date and day today, worried if I am getting a few warning signals to do with my dying brain cells.
After reading the above I feel much better. :ithanku: How many miles does the cat travel? I am sure I have seen it round here too.
Hope everyone recovered from eating all those choc eggs, Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxxx and take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Not one bit of chocolate has passed my lips lately. I am saving myself, especially since my grandson sent pics of what will be brought to me on Sunday. :choklit: There is a large Easter egg and a selection of his pieces of artwork, clever boy. :candy: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxx and take care allxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone, the sun is very tempting through the window, but,-- stepping out is a bit of a shock, it really is playing games with our systems as one cannot help but shiver and that tests our bodily functions. Your Grandson sounds an up and coming future Artist Vannin. Love and Hugs to yourself and Trixie xxxx Take Care All x
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm

I made sure to wrap myself up for the trip into town, because the early sun that warms the place is so deceptive. Bought bananas, pears and big juicy sweet plums. Glad to get home though.
Yes, my grandson is very creative, and usually I don't know where he finds the time between homework and his activities. He has written good poetry in the past two or three years too. But this is their holiday time so he can relax. Not seen them since last year and looking forward!
Take care all and love and hugs to Dita and Dolly.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi everyone , keep trying to turf out much of my husbands art and tools, which are not just for glass making. they consisting of painting, drawing -cartoons- When one of the Bishops retired he was presented with one of hubby's cartoons. Other arts, pottery making, jewelry , enamelling ++++++many other more. Some may be useful for your Grandson as he grows older Vannin . Take care all,x love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
:grouphug: I honestly wasn't trying to flog you any of them :bighugs: My Bros and Sis inlaws want much of it. :roflmao: :roflmao:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Dita, there is a garage here choc-a-bloc, even though a vanload was donated to the local school which first roused my husband's talent in woodwork after WW2. The house is full of DIY including the porch.
Then another vanload more recently went to the dump. Some tools had reached about 50-odd years of age and were of no use although they were well looked-after in their time. Pride of place is still held by the lathe which I gave him one Christmas, and he produced beautiful pieces of art woodwork including pens which he gave to perhaps everyone he knew. My daughter once said .'Don't ever get rid of the lathe because Charlie might like it' ....when he was no more than two! But here he is ten years later and so creative! My son was also very artistic.
The late husband of my friend Margaret used to do glass work, including stained glass. Her front door has
a permanent coloured glass legacy. She might never move house, or must take the door if she does!

I think this is Thursday though I have to calculate days each morning! :roflmao:
Take care everyone, with Love and hugs to Dita and Dollyxxxx
Last edited by vannin on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:15 pm

Good morning everyone.Hope you are all keeping well.Has anyone had their second injection yet?Hopefully I will get mine in April.

Sad news Prince Philip has died.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:24 pm

Such a shame, a very nice chap.

Hubby and I had our second jab yesterday. All went very well.

James popped over to see us. He is still having an Xray every month to keep an eye on his veins. He said he feels very good but gets tired very quickly. Keeping fingers crossed we all hope his burst vein will repair itself. Hope Logan is keeping well and taking good care of his little friend.
Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:46 pm

maggieh wrote:Good morning everyone.Hope you are all keeping well.Has anyone had their second injection yet?Hopefully I will get mine in April.

Sad news Prince Philip has died.

What a colourful life, such a character. I probably said it before, I admired how he always, right till the end, stood tall and erect, perfect posture enhanced no doubt by naval training.

Expecting phone call any day with apptmt for second jab.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi everyone, hope your all well. I felt sad to hear the news about Prince Phillip, I admired him too for all the things you said Vannin, but also he was very forthright in his speech and said what he felt at the time, upset the apple-cart quite a few times but what character he held, he will go down in history as a special guy.---------Well in my eyes anyway :sunglasses:
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: And take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 pm

In my eyes too Dita. A very colourful character, would not suffer fools (or the press) gladly.
By coincidence, I was in our town cemetery today after being away from it since before the pandemic. It is all lawned and always full of primroses at this time - cowslips bloom there too. So I spent about 20 minutes there between 11 and 12 o'clock.
They are in one grave, son for 25 years, husband 13 years and I am happy they are together. But it means there is no room for me, eventually, so I have bought a plot in a small cemetery up the lane from the house! I don't intend for this paragraph to spread gloom among friends here. I always feel in some way refreshed after a visit and chat.

Stay well everyone and sending hugs and love to Dita and Dolly.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes