Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I would imagine like me the actions of Prince Philip will be quite an eye opener to many, because he did so much for the young people in this country which helped them learn and pursue their dreams. We have much to be thankful for being privileged at having him in our lives.

When I go into my garden Vannin I remember you mentioning Primroses, I have them growing wild around my lawn because they grew wild in the fields around here along with wild Orchids, unfortunately the orchids are now gone. Love and Hugs to yourself and Trixie xxxxxx And take care all x
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:58 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the Chiltern Open Air Museum tomorrow. The outing was to have been to Cliveden but it is fully booked. a great demand on weekends, National Trust membership or not. Other stately homes the same. But we did manage to get booked for this Open Air Museum, covering many acres which I hope my knees stand up to!! We need to be there by 2.30. Takeaways, a good variety promised!
Thank you Janet, Maggie and Ciderman for your wishes on Facebook.
When in town yesterday, I saw many of the Non-essential shops had lights and staff inside, preparing for Monday. There was a feeling of hope in the air. The young chap who parks in my drive is co-manager of a gym. and gyms are among the re-openers. Take care everyone. :grouphug:

Dita, I hope you are fine and feeling warm. I have 'wild' primroses in the garden too, re-seeded themselves spreading from one original clump brought from Pembrokeshire 35 years ago. Not entirely legally!! Love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Vannin I logged off without my important bit-------I think it is your celebration tomorrow, I came on especially to wish you all the best for tomorrow and----Have a great time, wish I could be a fly on the wall xxxxxxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Have a lovely day tomorrow Vannin,you will sleep well after all the walking and fresh air.Non stop talking with Charlie.Hope the weather will be kind to you.

Have you done anything exciting today for your birthday. :birthdaya: :birthday4:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Penny wrote:Such a shame, a very nice chap.

Hubby and I had our second jab yesterday. All went very well.

James popped over to see us. He is still having an Xray every month to keep an eye on his veins. He said he feels very good but gets tired very quickly. Keeping fingers crossed we all hope his burst vein will repair itself. Hope Logan is keeping well and taking good care of his little friend.
Take care all. cheers Penny

Penny have you had any side effects this time from your injection.?
Was lovely for your grandson to come and see you,hope he keeps well.Does he still do the gym.

I saw Logan on Wednesday had a lovely walk with him on the beach.It was very cold.We saw a big huge fish which the seagulls were eating,it was dead.Then we saw another dead fish that was a eel.Logan went home to tell daddy that he saw a shark on the beach. :mrgreen:

Take care and have a nice evening.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Bless you Dita, it is actually Today. But with the family being tied up till tomorrow, that is when we will celebrate. Thank you lots for both! I seem to remember not knowing when your birthday was, so failed to send you any greetings on any day. :worryrose: I am finding it not bad hogging a whole weekend! :sunglasses:

Maggie, sort of exciting, yes. My friend gave me a pair of bathroom towels, and a glorious bouquet arrived from London, delivered by Yodel.
The mum of the young man whose car is here, sent him over with a cake she made. So very kind, he brought a huge bunch of daffs for Easter from her - they are still going strong. I am useless at guessing people's ages and thought he was 21 or 22.... but he is 27!! :oops:
Well, I should be dusting again now, but I know it is never inspected, it's just to bring me back to earth. :hide:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Oops! Hope you had- having a great time Vannin. Was it you responsible for the first ever lady to win the Grand National came from Ireland??? I didn't see the race but how great a result xxxxxx Love and Hugs to you and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx Take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi maggeih No side effects at all. Feel fine. Lovely sunny day here and then a snow shower. Most odd. Sun is shining again. James does not do gym as far as I know. He is still undergoing the Xrays to check the vein. He is hoping it will soon be back to normal and has no more visits to hospital. I expect Logan will remember thefish being eaten for a long time. Hope he cuddles his little pet. Take care now. Have you finished with the jabs thing? cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi everyone, I am home after a good outing, plenty of chat with Charlie, and extraordinary weather. You know how we have four seasons in one day? Well, the four seasons were experienced from 2.10 till 4.50, the time we were there at Chalfont St Giles/The Chilterns Open Air Museum. Cliveden was booked up.

This morning was so warm I felt hot indoors even with windows open, but it all changed after they picked me up. In the car park on arrival at destination, some snowflakes came down and my heart sank, it turned bitter while we were having a coffee while standing in the open, and I know my daughter was thinking of sitting in the car. :sad: Covid rules mean we can't sit down anywhere indoors.....till tomorrow!! :lol:

However, after a few minutes of exploring, the sun came out and no more snow! :sunglasses: It became more sunny and was again like this morning, before we left for home. They stayed a while and had the rest of our picnic for which we had not been hungry before, and a lot of the birthday cake my kind neighbour made for me. The family left about 40 minutes ago. So it had turned out well and been a good weekend.

Dita, I had forgotten the Grand National was on, but I knew about the girl during the week, and hoped we would hear more of her.
I wish everyone a good week. :grouphug: Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita an Dollyxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Sopleased to hear you enjoyed today. Pity about the weather, we had the same here. Do take care and sleep well after a lovely day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Thank you Penny for your wishes.. I am sure I can expect to sleep well because although a very ordinary kind of daily process, the times of Pandemic make a family/bubble get-together more special than before.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm

What a lovely family time you have had Vannin, I am so pleased------if not a little envious. I am waiting for a piece of cake too :) Had a problem getting online today, when I did I needed to amend my grocery order before it arrives on Wednesday. Of course the Dolly vixen needed attention, already mentioned and I am gasping for a cuppa. Your day sounded a joy Vannin, Love and Hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx Take care all x
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:52 pm

Mobility-wise it all felt very successful. I had my trusty stick and kept up with the walking very enjoyably and still felt energetic when we were at home. No twinges until later in the evening nearly bed-time, had difficulty with the stairs, which has continued all today. Not just the legs but my back, a bit painful. I'd been saying to the family 'If I had been walking each day, that is way to remain mobile and pain-free'. The Doc says!
So I have put medicated patches on the knees and must resort to painkillers soon.
But yes, the weekend was lovely especially yesterday. I see your little one is throwing her weight again!
Strange how the snow disappeared when I blinked :roll: Gardener phoned to cancel but I had stopped expecting her while the lawns were covered. Must have a word with Tom Shaffernacker!! :lol: Pop round for the portion of cake reserved for you. Love and big hugs to you and Duchess Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:03 pm

I am so pleased to hear that all was good Vannin, I too have a problem walking my left leg causes me pain, especially on concrete, odd really because it is less painful on the grass and inside my home. Cannot get into my E/mail account, apparently something wrong at head office, my address is correct but I just get a message that something is wrong. Her ladyship is giving me leers again because I have been busy on this laptop instead of doing my duty to her needs. I will defo be over for my lump of cake , especially if Tomasz is around. Take care everyone xxx-----especially for yourself and Trixie :bighugs: :bighugs: to you both and lots of love from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Dita, today I feel more human than yesterday and am ashamed for being grumpy after such a good weekend! It is my left leg that is always worse, since arthritis started when I was 43. GPs never take interest.
Speaking of which, I now have a problem with getting my second jab after expecting it to be easy again.
My 12 weeks, or 84 days, end this Friday. No phone call happened to give me appointment. I rang yesterday, nice chap on reception said they had run out of Pfizer vaccine but I am on the list and would be phoned. I thanked him but mulled over the problem of how long that would be. :roll: Rang again today, asked the man's boss. She said the doctor had just confirmed there is no problem at all, in going over the twelve weeks. Hmm, in all the questions and answers on TV, I have never heard one about 2nd jabs being subject to shortages, going past twelve-week interval. I phoned my daughter who is quite likely now to have phoned them to speak to duty doctor, but I hoped she would not 'go off on one' when she asks 'How long is safe?' :rant:

She may well have been put off phoning when I told her about the switchboard queues - 40 minutes wait yesterday but only ten minutes today. Funny but when she was here, I said I wondered if people awaiting second jabs were ever kept waiting more weeks than is official. I have also dreamed about it, and I think of your experience of waiting ages then being told to come in right now, for the first one. :now:
Trouble is, daughter may decide to compose a column about the topic for a national daily :?
Trixie was fast asleep on one of her day-beds behind me, but has now stood alongside with expectant look! We both send big :bighugs: :bighugs: to you and Dolly xxxx
Last edited by vannin on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes