Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Soggy greetings from me. I don't think it's stopped raining at all for at least 24 hours and the wind has brought down a lot of leaves so, any moment now, the drains at the far end of the road will get blocked and the street/gardens down there will flood. It doesn't generally affect us at this end but the rain has been excessive this autumn.

After my comment on Thursday re my lovely garden man, he phoned yesterday morning to say, in view of the sodden weather, he was having a day at home doing paperwork etc and, with luck, will be back on Monday if things have dried out a little. Dried out? I'm seriously thinking of building a boat! Poor LK is SO miserable. She hates using a litter tray and, every time she feels a call of nature, she comes and wails at me then leads me to the cat flap where she sits and looks from me to outside and back again and wails some more. It is so obviously, "please do something about this" that I wish I could help!

Don't forget to mess with your clocks and watches tonight, everybody. Looking forward to it being a bit lighter in the mornings because i hate getting up in the dark; that's just wrong, somehow!

Quiet :bighugs: for Vannin. (Know what you mean about those who are nowhere when you need them, too) xx
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:46 pm

So many hugs, I am lucky to have Rowan Tree friends. All my thanks.
Trixie's soggy-season-behaviour is exactly how you describe LK. We process between the front door and back door where her litter tray -unused - is beyond in the covered passageway. Plaintive little mews are not usually heard in good weather!
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Morning all, hope every one enjoyed the extra hour and now enjoying the lovely sunny day. Son rang last night saying he was at home today so would we like to join them for lunch/ He is an excellent cook so of course we said yes, Going to be a bit odd as both grand children are away at Uni. Been watching Rugby this morning, Wales were beaten so the final next weekend is England and Sth.Africa. I hope everyone is O>K. and ready to post. Back this evening. Do take care, cheers Penny Hugs all round.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Lovely dry sunny day here,the wind has dropped too.

Enjoy your lunch at your son's Penny.It does feel odd when grandchildren are not around,but there will be chat about how they are doing in their uni lifes I expect.

I was going to visit my daughter this morning,but I never got a answer back from her until 1pm.So I will go next week instead.Must not just turn up without her knowing.

I watched the rugby this morning again.Sorry to see Wales lost but someone has to lose.

Thinks I best potter around this afternoon.Could have a game of football if I had a doggy called Dolly. :mrgreen:

Have a nice relaxing afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:59 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny here, hope everyone has the same. Had a super day with son and wife. Seems very quiet without Rugby to watch. Can'r wait for next weekend. Hope England win for a change. Have a good day all and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:50 am

Perishing cold here this morning! Bright but with a wind from the north ... I might give in and put the heating on shortly. Sunday and Monday were lovely, sunny autumn days. We took a trip to Hucknall on Sunday for a vintage bus event. That was a bit low key and no big deal but worth going for the journey down lovely, colourful leafy roads. :sunglasses:

My garden contractor is back at work; got his daughter working with him today. She's quite a petite, wiry looking woman but I get the feeling she could toss me over her shoulder without trying too hard!

A couple of quiet days ahead with not much planned except the dreaded flu injection tomorrow. That was supposed to happen a month ago but the surgery cancelled at the last minute due to no vaccine supplies! Whatever, I just hope it works better this year than it did last year- I don't want a repeat of the thing that laid me out in January.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny again but rather chilly. Son popped in last night to explain this new phone bit once again. I am such an idiot when it comes to technical stuff. Got me talking to granddaughter in Sydney, Simply cannot do it again this morning. I give up. Popping out for lunch. Seems there are lots of folks we don't hear from these days, wish they would just pop in and say hello now and then. Wonder how Monsey is doing? Take care all and keep warm. Hugs all round. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi everyone, its a brisk sunny day here, hope you are all well. I did hear that Monsey was doing a long tour on her scooter, did see her a few months ago on the Humber Bridge though and looking very fit, she was looking for her tarantula because it had escaped. Was considering some new nets too. Losing her on here caused considerable loss to us all on here. My sister inlaw & hubby have been visiting me for a couple of days, they have gone now and both Dolly and me miss them. Starting to cloud over now. Must get mi ticket for the rugby before I forget-------let me see----what did I do with that £10,000 note :)
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:44 pm

dita wrote:Hi everyone, its a brisk sunny day here, hope you are all well. I did hear that Monsey was doing a long tour on her scooter, did see her a few months ago on the Humber Bridge though and looking very fit, she was looking for her tarantula because it had escaped. Was considering some new nets too. Losing her on here caused considerable loss to us all on here. My sister inlaw & hubby have been visiting me for a couple of days, they have gone now and both Dolly and me miss them. Starting to cloud over now. Must get mi ticket for the rugby before I forget-------let me see----what did I do with that £10,000 note :)

Nah, the tarantula was an excuse, she was really going northwards to look for Stevie but got lost!
I had my plaster removed today after 44 days. Oh the freedom!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Its a bit chilly this afternoon after the rain we have had the pleasure of getting.Wish it would pour down now and get the man playing with his engine soaking wet.He revs it up and his not even going anywhere in it.Same car has been out there years where he always takes it apart.
At long last this afternoon I got the shredder working again,so I have been shredding to my hearts content.

The weather was really lovely yesterday so I walked to the town,met up with Janet and her daughter.Coming home we said we'd walk home along the harbour.Was lovely looking at the boats and the sea further out.Quite a few seagulls flying around and resting on the walls.

When we got away from the seaside,Janet said yuck whats that on your coat :roflmao: Bird poo on the front of my coat.The coat went straight in the washing machine once I got home.Its nice and clean now. :mrgreen:

Lots of our buses are doing different routes for the next few weeks so I don't know for sure how I am getting to my drawing group tomorrow,it maybe these boots were made for walking,ha ha.
Have a lovely evening all.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Perishing cold here this morning! Bright but with a wind from the north ... I might give in and put the heating on shortly. Sunday and Monday were lovely, sunny autumn days. We took a trip to Hucknall on Sunday for a vintage bus event. That was a bit low key and no big deal but worth going for the journey down lovely, colourful leafy roads. :sunglasses:

My garden contractor is back at work; got his daughter working with him today. She's quite a petite, wiry looking woman but I get the feeling she could toss me over her shoulder without trying too hard!

A couple of quiet days ahead with not much planned except the dreaded flu injection tomorrow. That was supposed to happen a month ago but the surgery cancelled at the last minute due to no vaccine supplies! Whatever, I just hope it works better this year than it did last year- I don't want a repeat of the thing that laid me out in January.

I was happy this morning on leafy roads across country, to and from Stoke Mandeville hospital for plaster removal. It has been urban roads in the past but my friend kindly providing the transport, was directed by the satnav, and what can take up to an hour was cut to 30 minutes and pretty also!. :sunglasses:
I had my flu jab at my branch of Boots last week, the second time and so much simpler. Last year when the doctor offered it during a routine prescription review, I had the worst after-effects ever. Not the Dr's fault I am sure.
My lady gardener, 60-ish and muscle-endowed, very kindly did me a favour, which was to lift down my worn-out Panasonic microwave
allowing me a few minutes wiping around where it had been, and lifting up the new Logik microwave in place, and I have used it a
few times. Its smaller size is well adequate for me.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:09 pm

For Vannin -

The day deserves a touch of triumphalism!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vs-CbYPaTM

X
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:17 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:For Vannin -

The day deserves a touch of triumphalism!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vs-CbYPaTM

X

Well thank you Andere, yes! my day is deserving of Verdi's march! Have you seen this?
https://www.facebook.com/ClassicFM/vide ... 727031754/
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Vannin, that is lovely! What a beautiful puss. I've bookmarked that page to cheer me up on gloomy days. Thank you.
I hope the arm is getting usd to its new freedom and is feeling less stiff with every hour that passes?

I used to get my flu vaccination at Superdrug before we moved because it was in a convenient place by a bus stop I used a couple of times every week; much less faff than the surgery. Here, though, the surgery is more convenient so I go there.

Garden guy and daughter are beavering away and the new slabs are going down. We've had to put up a notice directing callers to the back door; I hope the Trick or Treat brigade tomorrow take the hint and just don't bother!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Good afternoon everyone, So pleased you have got rid of that plaster Vannin, what a relief for you. You have me recalling Monsey and her fun over her-----Stevie now, such a bundle of fun despite of other things. If anyone reading this is in contact with her please send her a big hug from me :bighugs: :choklit:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes