Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Have been catching up on the chat Vannin and Ciderman, :banana: so interesting to read about your meet up all that time ago, interesting to read some real forum conversation. I do hope you are all well, Big hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me. :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxxxxx Also take care everyone.x :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Well, there's the thing Dita! We never knowingly MET, but our period of working at opposite ends of Oxford St had an overlap of months. I was often out at lunchtimes, anywhere between Marble Arch and Oxford Circus, though the staff canteen formed much of the social life. :magnify: Michael could have been walking around at lunchtime and if he reached Oxford Circus too, we could have brushed by each other (the pavements were narrower then!!!) It was amusing in recent times to hark back to that time, young and carefree. :roll: :rolleye11: :sunglasses:
Today Kevin popped by , we agreed the grass is too short to be cut this time, but next week will be the pressure wash of my patio!
This week, I find myself falling asleep in the daytime, nodding off in the chair, open invitation to Trixie to snooze with me. :wakeup:
Take care everyone :grouphug: Hugs and love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and mexxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:21 pm

I never drop off to sleep in the daytime usually Vannin, but yesterday I couldn't keep awake and today its not been much better. My small freezer had defrosted during the night because of the door having a fault and not sealing properly, had to get a neighbour to help me drag it outside , what a ruddy mess on my kitchen floor. :tantrum2:
Lovely story about yourself and Ciderman probably being so close and yet so far away. MAYBE ????? :welcome1:
Nicole my helper will hopefully be here tomorrow, my grass seems to have grown an awful since she was here 2 weeks ago and cut it.
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Ah Dita, what a pain with your freezer. I would have cussed it to kingdom come. What with the weather warming up again, the worst time possible. :rant:

Today I am starting to teach myself how to use the new oscillating garden sprays (very reasonable on Amazon) I bought on Kevin's recommendation, to be an improvement on heaving the new hose around and then it sprang a leak and is useless. I will still do watering cans at the front!

Matt is very methodical in his extensive 'tidy-ups' outside. He must have been eight weeks, working on, first, the beds on each side at the front then each side at the back! So I make that eight sides! Next week he will start the rotation again, doing the front side of the front. :fourleaf: On Kevin's grass-cutting visits, less frequent, he just gallops around with the mower to compete with Olympic speed, then if I am lucky he might strim shrubs, bushes and trees which badly need it by now. I have taken the shears to the Fuschia which overhung the drive, and next door's Ivy which intrudes everywhere but it is the old ladies favourite. :twisted: :hide:
Went to town today, stayed a bit longer and treated myself to an iced latte and croissant.
Take care everyone. :grouphug: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from me and Trixie - who was not happy with the oscillator and yet goes out in the rain to get soaked. xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi Vannin, sorry for my delay in posting again, I am not doing too good of late. How is your new garden sprays, can imagine you have no problems at all by now, I have never used one and have always either used my hose or fill my watering cans from my water butt. :groaner:
With the help of Mike my neighbour I am now using my old spare freezer out of the shed which is working perfectly, in fact I am a happy bunny because it is better than the one just taken out. :banana: The local council are going to take the one stood out in the back yard in a couple of weeks so that will be hopefully the end of that. :welcome1: My lady gardener came on Thursday and she cut the grass which is full of young Dandelions despite the fact she had only done it a couple of weeks ago. Guess I am a little below par at the moment. :ithanku:
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie and take care of each other, from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:36 pm

Dita, I hope you will quickly be on your best par, well above the present feeling. :sunglasses: Great news about your older freezer, appliances used to last a long time in days gone by. I have a spare fridge outside which is really small for everyday use but the newer one is seldom full, just for me. Around Christmas (she says hopefully) when catering for more, the overflow food always needs the spare.

I have soaked myself two or three times while adjusting the spray in the garden but t-shirts are soon dry. By today Trixie is happy to perch on the path watching it. The weather is not warm enough for daily wet sessions, it is just me practising for 10/15 minutes. The dandelions are prominent even on short grass too.:fourleaf:
More singing tomorrow and people are so welcoming, after long absence from each other :welcome1: and I had been a fixture since the late sixties (pre-children) or early seventies (with children).
Take care everybody. :grouphug: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Still very much below par but so are lots of other people, and I refuse to go on about it. :lol: Vannin I enjoy watching Songs of Praise on a Sunday morning, must admit it does sometimes make me have a giggle while watching some of the enthusiasm on some of the faces, I find it very refreshing though to be truthful. And wish I was there with them. :please:

Pleased you are enjoying a spray or two with your new machine, cannot imagine Trixie has much enthusiasm. :sad: Take care everyone, especially you------ Vannin and Trixie, Love and big hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:47 pm

Quite a busy week in contrast with most weeks. There was another coffee morning today, tomorrow my routine annual eye test at Boots Opt. to update my reading glasses. Thurs, my patio will be pressure-washed, all being well. Friday, Matt will be here for an hour, followed by Oven Proud to do do a very reasonable clean of the cooker. I was having difficulty bending to deal with it, even before the latest bust rib! :magnify:
The next eye injection will be on Sept 14th. :roll: The Sunday agenda will be less appealing once 'the man' is in charge again, he is trying to leave any kind of organising to two ladies who are choir members - it is not their job, we are volunteers, but as we agreed in his absence 'He could not organise a (blank) in a (blank). But this was said by email, not in the church!!! :huffin: :huffin: He is music teacher at a school :roll: :roll:
One thing that gives me joy, and, recalling Quasimodo "The bells, the bells". There is a big church bell with a great sound, which was last rung at Millennium, and the rope broke. It has hung silently more than 20 years till mended, and rang out, by coincidence, on the Sunday I returned. I love it, quite emotionally.
Dita, I do hope you will fully be yourself again, wishing you a happier week. Take care and sending love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Wow! you are defo a busy person Vannin, do hope you are not tiring yourself too much. I am trying to sort out stuff which belonged to my husband, at the moment I am trying get a good charity which will collect because I have no transport or any means of delivering it to anyone. That on the top of trying sort out my own health + caring for Home and pets is a bit hard at the moment, especially having no family around to give me a hand. Thank goodness at least I do get a little help 2hrs once a fortnight. Sorry I haven't got more to say at the moment Vannin, love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello all, hoping you are staying well. Dita, I hope you had a better weekend.
Yesterday morning was pleasant and I think the choir director has turned over a new leaf. He is being much more businesslike and thoughtful. :clapper:
My patio looks a rare treat, following its only cleansing in forty-odd years, the black coating has gone and most of the paving slabs are revealed to be white-ish and light sandstone colour, which I had forgotten. It took Kevin four hours and he got soaked and changed into dry clothes in his van. He will be back for grass cutting tomorrow and I hope for his sake that some breeze will accompany the heat if it continues.
Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dollyxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Vannin I have a porch which gets neglected a bit, I have a couple of window shelves which keep my very old cacti happy, they are the very prickly ones which flower well each year, had them for 30years now. My health is still a little iffy, have to have blood test in a couple of weeks. My Grandaughter has got Covi and is not too well, just hope it is not a very bad dose, her temperature was really high last night and just hoping she feels easier today as I haven't heard from my son today.
Hope yourself and Trixie are both ok, sorry for my boring conversations at the moment. Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxxx Take care all x
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:05 pm

Hello everyone, all right out there? Hi Dita, in my wildest dreams I could never think you were boring!! :lol: Boring people are types who cannot be bothered. :huffin:

I am so sorry to hear your Granddaughter has Covid and I hope her temperature has gone down and she will be among the young people who quickly recover without a bad dose.
I wish you could have seen Trixie today when I put the sprinkler on for short spells. She had thought her first resting-place was safe and emerged to watch it with an expression that said 'What IS this? Not rain which falls from the sky, THIS water goes up and then comes down'. She sedately walked round the edge to find a dry spot then another. Then after I turned it off, she stayed waiting for more! At least I now know which greenery she likes to hide behind. :hide:
When it is real rain she goes out in it regardless!
Now the local forecast has dire warnings of thundery rain, I'll believe it when I see/hear it. :eck:
I hope you will soon be feeling much better and we send hugs to you and Dolly, from Trixie and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and raring to go . :now: Hi Vannin, :welcome1: Bless you, you always brighten my day. :sunglasses: My humour keeps me going even if it drives everyone else crazy :) :rolleye11: My lady helper came this morning and helped with the garden again while the weather is still dry, hopefully it will be easier for me to manage as winter takes over, Nicole will be hopefully helping inside until we approach spring again. Have already found out she knows about everything and is a brilliant person to solve everything if you give her a chance ???? :hide: I dont care as long as she does a good job !!! :exactly: Your little Trixie is the opposite to Dolly as far as getting wet is concerned, she has to be dragged ou for her morning constitutional if its wet underfoot. My Grandaughter is improving and like you mentioned hopefully quickly recovering, her Mum said yesterday she is getting naughty-----ill or not :) :ithanku: Dear Vannin love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 pm

"What I we getting up for? "
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby maggieh » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:49 pm

He looks cosy in bed, :mrgreen:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes