Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Penny wrote:Hi all, Sainsbury's finally arrived just befor 11.30. Young chappie was as quick as a flash so could not ask him anything. Just waiting now to see if I have been charged for both deliveries.
More bad news today. Our doctors on not available any more by appointment. We have all been given a number to call and after saying what was wrong we are put in touch with an apprpriate doc by telephone. I just cannot believe what a dreadful state we are in. Has this happened in your area yet? cheers Penny

I thought this was their new system right across the country ever since lockdown began. It is a long time since I heard of anyone being lucky enough to get face-to-face appointment. A week ago I saw the headline on someone else's paper, that only 4% of patients are being seen when they have asked. Then the update BBC news said 80% of patients are fobbed off with a telephone appointment. (it didn't exactly say fobbed-off) The two statistics are rather different but neither one is good enough. As for dentists, we were told they started consultations again, but I hear these are for private patients. If you are NHS, then tough.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks vannin, had heard something but never occured to me that this would happen. Getting worse. Ring for an appointment only to be told You are 28th on the list. Think they are all waiting for us to ring to say, I am on my way out, in the queue for wherever. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:05 am

Good morning everyone. Is anyone full of joy to hear the forecast? Heatwave to last through the week but accompanied by stormy spells with showers here and there later in the week. We get up in the heat and we go to bed in the heat and poor animals are worse off than us.
I bought a Furminator, Dita, but leaving it aside now and will introduce it when Trixie's painful patches are healed, hopefully in Sept/Oct. I know the need for less fur is there right now, but don't want to hurt her. I have solved the problem of hairballs now by getting some treats from Vet Online, which actually contain a remedy with similar ingredients to the 'malt-ish' gel in a tube. She loves them but would not try the other!
Love to all and hugs from Trixie and me to Dita and Dolly.xxx :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny again. Wonder if the storms will really come this way.
Did you see the news today re Captive Whales in China. Simply wonderful to think they are being released to the real ocean. Super picture in the Daily Mail. Have a good day all and keep cool. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi everyone, I am certainly not full of joy because of the heat, and my poor little dog she is nearly as bad, talk about a couple of creaking gates, we are a rusty pair of hinges. Dolly has extremely long hair, much like a long-haired Persian Vannin, had thought about those furminators but decided against it and pleased I did, sometimes it is better to leave well alone because it often introduces other problems. Keep cool folks, hugs from Dolly and me Vannin xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Afternoon folk, certainly is hot. All fans going full out. Went for an hours drive down to the canal and nothing was moving at all. Just as we decided to go for a ride round along came a beautiful Swan followed in line by seven baby swans and keeping an eye on them from behind in line was the male swan Simply made our afternoon. Not seen any so young for many years.
Sorry the heat is so upsetting to animals, must be dreadful. I don't think we have this heat for much longer. Take care all and have a good week. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am

Another day in the furnace. Penny, your outing brought a bonus when you saw the beautiful swans and cygnet family. Interesting how their colour changes from greyish to pure white as they mature. Years ago we went to Abbotsbury Swannery when we were on holiday, and they were all gorgeous. The village is very picturesque too.
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:23 am

Penny wrote:Hi all, Sainsbury's finally arrived just befor 11.30. Young chappie was as quick as a flash so could not ask him anything. Just waiting now to see if I have been charged for both deliveries.
More bad news today. Our doctors on not available any more by appointment. We have all been given a number to call and after saying what was wrong we are put in touch with an apprpriate doc by telephone. I just cannot believe what a dreadful state we are in. Has this happened in your area yet? cheers Penny

We have been on telephone appointments for some years, long before the Vitus.

However, even now, at the daily briefings, the Chief Medical Officer regularly stresses that all GP practices are available.

Do you have a Community Pharmacy Service?

It is the normal First port of call.

I never go the GP unless I've been through the pharmacist and the practice nurse, a nurse practitioner, normally without, or with a same day, appointment.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks Laurie, will make a note of that. Very handy. cheers Penny

Another bright and sunny day getting vey warm again. Looks like we are in for another hot few days before the predicted storms. Take care cheers Penny

Just heard from my friend in Ohio and he says temp. today is 94f. and we thought it was hot. cheers Penny :groaner:
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:03 pm

94 degreesF is the same as 34.44 celsius. If it reaches 35 or 36 again today, we will be hotter than your friend!
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks vannin, will give him a shock. Have no idea of these numbers. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi everyone, it is far too hot for me and I got my new lawnmower out the shed, all set to christen and cut the grass. Wasn't quite sure of something as regards the mower, nipped a couple of doors away and asked a neighbour who came and answered my question because he has a similar model to mine, and not only did he do that but also cut the grass for me too. I was so grateful because I think he must have realised I was not feeling at all well really, and cut it because he was been very kind . Take care if out in the sun everyone, especially Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:52 pm

What a lovely man. So good to hear of favours being done out of the air. Do hope you are feeling better now, keep cool and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 am

You have a lovely neighbour Dita to cut your grass in this heatwave.You shouldn't attempt to do it with your breathing until the air is a lot cooler.

Good morning everyone still a stonking hot day sat in front of the fan.How are you all coping to sleep in this heat.I will be ok tonight with my fan on full blast beside me on the table.That is if it isn't noisy. :roflmao:

Must be awful for animals with fur coats on them as they can't say if they are too hot.

Has anyone had a thunderstorm yet.We haven't here yet.

All take care and keep cool, :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi all, another very hot day. Clouds and lower temerature promised for this afternoon. Have to wait and see. Hope everyone is keeping cool. Number fans humming away I expect to be told we are short of electriciy. Always something. Hope you are feeling better Dita, do stay indoor where it is cooler. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes