Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi Maggie, I might look into the Hay Day, thanks for the info.
It sounds like your splint might be covering a trigger finger? I have one that started in the Summer but have done nothing towards getting a splint yet, because I know how they are an obstacle to doing anything, remembering a few thumb splints. I think that, as and when it is simple to see a doctor again, I will ask for a steroid injection like I used to have on my elbows. They don't always work and only three per year are allowed, but if this finger gets more painful, I shall ask anyway even though the Practice had turned into a most unhelpful set-up when I last went nearly a year ago. Take care. :bighugs:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Hi! Maggieh hope your finger is better soon, fingers can be so important-----and ruddy painful, I have severe arthritis in my hands and doing even what I am doing now is very painful, I also have a broken thumb joint, thank goodness I don't type with that.
Like you Vannin I never use an umbrella , have found in the past when I have tried to get used to one I finish up in all sorts of trouble so I just don't bother. My friends who are selling their house will cause quite a wrench to me because the guy was born and bred in this little Hamlet and went to school with my son, I also knew the parents well , there is many good and sad memories between us. Anyway what will be-----will be.
Its been a lovely sunny morning but big black clouds are taking over now . Just wondering Vannin, have you given Trixie a bath?? Of course it is easier to give Dolly one and she tolerates the drier too, but my Chinchilla cats were a different matter. Love and hugs to both from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 pm

No Dita, I have never tried to bath Trixie in these 10.5 years, because I know she would kill me. It is difficult enough to put her in a carrier or administer one-drop preventives. But in heat waves she sometimes has a game running in and out of the garden hose spray!! She never smells but if she did, I would feel compelled to 'take the plunge'.
She is getting fed up, as we are with the weather, and as she has to walk past the litter tray, outside the back door, several times in 24 hours, one of these times she might use the easy option. :please:
We both send hugs to you and Dolly xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm

That is how I used to be with my cats, avoided the bath unless it was so urgent couldn't be avoided. Wish I could help with the litter tray encouraging but mine were bred as in-door pets and didn't get the chance to be having that pleasure in life, I remember years ago going to Birmingham it was a large Cat show equivalent to Crufts, there were plenty of litter trays there, never thought at the time I was there, but did when back home-------despite all the litter trays been used, the place didn't seem to smell ???
My garden seems be a friendly area for at least 4 of my neighbours pussies, I do state out loud that I am going to put poison down and get rid of them, one of the owners stopped speaking to me , she swore her cat would only use a tray, I said if he is out when he wants to go to toilet, does he knock to get back in the house to use the tray???? :)
Hugs and love to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:59 pm

I am late again today. I went out this morning, usually stay home on Mondays (Ocado delivery and gardener time) but finding it so unusually sunny and dry for a change, took the opportunity. Having seen online that there were floods affecting many bus routes, I walked half a mile to where there is a choice of buses and easily caught one outwards and later found there was a homeward one all the way. My body had forgotten how to walk half a mile, and has been playing up ever since. Not the knees so much as backache which made me feel very tired for a few hours afterwards. I stopped doing exercises a few months ago after joining the fashionable habit in lockdown, watching the TV fitness gurus to try and emulate them (would hate anyone to be watching me!) The Green Goddess Diana Moran I ain't!! :roll:

It was very warm for a while, I was wearing too much, but once back here, the cold and rain returned. The litter tray remains unused. She nearly always crosses the next-door-neighbour's garden to go into the woods to do her business, and I gather cats choose anywhere but 'their own backyard'!
The only time she had two little accidents indoors, was when she had the hairballs. I have found an excellent treatment from Vet Online to replace the unsuccessful stuff in a tube. It is crunchy treats which have the similar malty ingredients. She enjoys them, and although I bought a Fur-minator, I have never tried it because it looks painful. The medi-treat appears to work very well.
Here she comes wanting more food! We both send love and hugs to you and Dolly. :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Cannot believe myself what I just did-------I was logged in here, all set up to write a message, Instead of going in quick reply I logged myself out, realised only when I saw I was logged out, couldn't understand how I had done such a thing--------I know now I have truly lost mi marbles. :dunno:
Think you were very brave to walk half a mile Vannin, I wouldn't dare attempt it. My sis- in-law does her yoga on line and enjoys it, the lady who runs it is the same one who ran the real class where she attended. :cheeky4:
Those hairballs can be a real problem to both the cat and its owner, Yuk! I remember them well.
Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and yours truly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am

Hi Dita and all the gallant few. Talk about loss of marbles, I know I have been losing mine for years!
Yesterday from early morning, the stiffness set in from my half-mile walk, after the backache had eased. I spent yesterday walking around especially on the stairs, like a 100-year-old. A hot bath helps for a while.

What was so important in town that I went the difficult way? Well, emergency repeat prescription supplies because I was still waiting, and about to run out of the urgent meds. The distance-by-post had worked for not-quite six months but then went to pot. I had emails from surgery saying they had sent my re-order scrip on Monday last week, to the place I was using and the Lancs pharmacy emailing me that they still hadn't received it - while another week went by. So my Boots pharmacist friend, who I had phoned, issued the two emergency items and transferred my ordering/dispensing/delivery system back to Boots. By now I don't mind in the least spending £5 a month, anything rather than be left in the lurch again. The remainder of the late package should, at last, arrive today or tomorrow. Should have been mid-Sept.
My fellow choir-members, after being in Limbo for seven months because singing is considered more infectious than coughing or sneezing and as bad as spitting :dunno: are waking up to the idea of emailing if nothing else. I have not been practising at home as my friend does, so 'Use it or lose it'! Think my singing days are over. Living in a semi, I am too aware of the neighbour to start making noise.
Hoping members are feeling well, stay safe all. Dita, love and hugs to you from Trixie and me,xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:59 pm

You can come and be as loud as you like here Vannin, I would join in, I used to belong our local Opera Society some years ago, missed it when I had to give up on it.
Good afternoon everyone, it is sun and wind here, I have to play in the final today so must hurry. :butt:
Apart for the one time some weeks ago when one of my medications had run out, they have been very efficient Vannin from Pharmacy2u and they do work well with my surgery too.
Ha ha, I have now got a good way to clean the 15 steps up my stairs-------sliding up on my bum, and its easier than dragging the hoover up to do the job, :cheeky4:
Must away and do mi bit for world soccer--whatever. Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Stress coming! It's my Jill's 70th today! We've deferred the gathering until Saturday when family and friends are coming. Some are coming on Friday to stay over but we've made friends with the neighbours and Jill's Tai Chi group, so although they are all bringing a lunch offering, we will be in charge of catering! Weather is crucial as there are too many to get them all inside and we have a large deck area outside with tables and chairs. Ping pong table will be set up in the garage as grandkids might get fed up with grown ups nattering!

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Wishing a very happy birthday to Jill. :birthdaya: What a wonderful setting and it will be a great party. Get-togethers of more than six are a thing of the past here,and I think the crackdown on ANY visiting has re-started in quite a few parts of the country. Your garden is thriving so beautifully and I guess the sun will shine for you all. Have a fantastic time. :fam21:
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:09 am

I hope you have a wonderful day Jill. With such a lovely background of flowers etc, you should have some lovely pictures. We have it wet and dark here so we will all be wishing we were there with you. Have a super time. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:27 am

Good morning everyone, but wet again. No plans for today except maybe to try and organise a portion of the garage contents. It is choc-a-bloc, much of it baby items (bath, cot, first chair, safety gate, baby gym etc) which were offloaded here as my grandson grew. He is twelve in a week's time so all this unwanted stuff has been there for at least ten years. It could have gone to very appropriate new homes but.....still waiting! :huffin:
I'll be sad not to see him on the day but glad we had our bubble day on Sept 19th. Have already made up the parcel of Lego and a Game which he wants.
I hope everyone is well and safe. Dita, I would dearly love to sing a duet with you. Are you alto or soprano (like me)? Today I'll resume trying to practice again, while the neighbour is on school run :lala:
All the best folks, love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Ciderman what a beautiful surrounding to perform Tai Chi in, I used to be part of a class until it was shut down a few years ago, I proceeded to carry on myself by buying a couple of videos, but it wasn't the same. A lovely Happy Birthday Jill.

Hi Vannin, This virus does have much to answer for, and not only the obvious stuff which always gets shouted about, your relationship with that young Grandson is very important too.
I am a soprano, and my ambition from being very young was to become a famous singer. This was embedded from even earlier days by my Grandma & Aunt who insisted I stand on the table entertain them because they wanted me to sing eventually in church at anniversaries and the like. This was during the war and it is still alive within me today.
Take care everyone and Lots of hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby dita » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi everyone hope you are enjoying better weather.
I was thinking about the last Operatic Show I was involved with years ago, Vannin, it was called Lilac Domino------I think ?, I was only in the chorus.
Think I had better give you all my love and hugs for now Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxxxxx Take care of yourselves.xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:57 pm

dita wrote:Hi everyone hope you are enjoying better weather.
I was thinking about the last Operatic Show I was involved with years ago, Vannin, it was called Lilac Domino------I think ?, I was only in the chorus.
Think I had better give you all my love and hugs for now Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxxxxx Take care of yourselves.xx

Dita, My last boarding school put on a lot of Gilbert and Sullivan productions in Summer terms. But the last time I was in a solo singing lead was Josephine in HMS Pinafore. The company was Lloyds Bank Operatic and Dramatic Society and I was 18!! I left the bank age 20 so that was that. Went back to the vocals when the children were in their teens and it was about two thirds church choir and one third non-religious annual concerts, great variety including A.Lloyd Webber, Rodgers and H, Gershwin, Novello etc. Used to enjoy annual carols around the town in aid of Cancer Research. Weekly practice stopped in March.
Trixie and I will now sing our daily hugs to you and Dolly. xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Stay safe all :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes