Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Vannin, such fantastic music and song you have been involved in, much more than I, but never-the-less I enjoy all you have mentioned and have most of the records/discs from many. When I was a teenager I did have a shot at being a pop star of sorts, I was part of the Carol Levis Discoveries when they did auditions at our theatre, I even did a bit of club singing for a while, that soon wore off, my Dad used to go with me :) I did love my years in our Operatic Society, doing Gilbert & Sullivan was a joy to be involved in. Marriage and childbirth put a stop to that.
A serenade and hugs to yourself and Trixie too this Saturday Vannin, from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Dita, you were much braver than I, to do club singing, having been A Discovery too!! After 1960 when I did Pinafore, I sort-of lost the nerve till I joined our crowd in about 1983, but seldom solo. By now after seven empty months, the voice has gone as well as the nerve. Trixie looks at me in some horror!

Wet again, but I got involved in some chores that were waiting - it has been so easy to avoid the 'h' word. :hide:
I hope your weekend is going well! Love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:48 am

Morning all. A lovely sunny day. Lifting all spirits I hope. I can see a beautiful blue sky with white fluffy clouds drifting over. Hope it clears altogether. Just heard from friend in USA and where he lives is raining hard. Told him to keep it over there for a while. Had to laugh reading other notes, When I was modelling in Singapore there was a concert in Neesoon for Army men and I sang on stage. Had totally forgotten about that. Anyway, doesn't matter now, we must get on. Take care all and have a good day. Do please try to post more. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Hello Penny, you sound uplifted today, and sunshine always plays a part in that, I think. I hope your bruises are healing nicely and you are getting your sleep. With the new bed, it might take a few nights to be re-accustomed. Also I hope hubby is in less pain and responding to medication. Take care.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello everyone, it was a beautiful sunny morning but now its afternoon the clouds have drifted in. Lets be hearing about that snazzy modelling past Penny and other experiences which have supported you in life------don't mean your husband or financially. By the way, your comments to do with telling us to post, both Vannin and myself do post almost every day, if we cannot log in we usually persevere until we can. :grouphug: :hide: :sunglasses: Hope all is improving today, take care :bighugs:

Vannin, like you my nerve and my voice has truly become a thing of the past, like Trixie and her reaction to you is much the same for Dolly, the only thing is she thinks she is being punished for something she has done, she goes in her bed and sulks to make feel guilty :thinking: . Lots of Love and Hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs:
I'm watching tennis :roflmao:
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Still lovely and sunny hear. Did not have too good a night in new beds but lay determined from now not going to moan. Am going to try to make light of everything Hi Dita, nothing much to add. \i walked the plank in swiss undies. That was it. Other parts very mundane. Married an Army officer in Singapore Cathedral. Had honetmoon in Penang. Came home to Surrey, hubby died and I joined BBC. Stayed there about 9 years met present hubby and here I am. Dull but still trying. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Wow! Penny that sounds awesome to me, after my first marriage to a contract worker, I walked a plank alright in a factory, earned enough to go to college and train to be a beautician,
I had two children, hubby came home we got divorced and I eventually remarried to my recently died husband, he was a Medic in the Army and had been medically discharged, I later became his carer. He was the most brilliant artist of stained glass, painting, pottery, and so many other kinds of artist abilities. There was a big age difference too, me being the elder but it never really made much difference, he was in and out of hospital many times but always tried to earn a living despite that, but not by his art, he worked for a Mental Health Company. It wasn't an easy journey but I can honestly say it was one that I do not regret, I learned so much about human behaviour and in fact trained in that field. In comparison Penny you have led a very posh life, I think I once told you about my in law who used to work for the BBC, but it was never really discussed. You take care xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Time flies Dita so we have to just carry on as well as we can. I have been trying to get a reply from grandson who returned to Newcastle UNI yesterday. can't get any sound or from son. Read so much about this virus it is a worry. Plus he has had two strokes and been told to take care. He is only 21. Must not think about this now. Sky getting darker now I can see big clouds drifting this way. Pray for a good tomorrow. Take care now, lets hope we can get more posting in, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Penny, I have heard it said by someone whose son had a stroke, that the recovery rate in young people can be remarkable.
What was your work at the BBC? I knew a Rome Correspondent to BBC News, David Willey, now no longer with us.
I hope you sleep better tonight. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Dita, I am on my way to posting,... but catching end of amazing unusual film.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Right, here I am! Not into watching sport, I was turning away from terrestrial TV, which so often has little to 'grab' me. Decided to try Film4, which is rare, because usually it has films I've seen or they are science fiction (boring to me unlike most folk)
I decided to try a film called Zoo, made in 2018, not heard of before, and what a delightful and rewarding session it has been. Penelope Wilton (Downton and much more) is in it. This kind of experience happened one Boxing Day when my threesome had to return early to London. I found a film called Esio Trot starring Judy Dench and Dustin Hoffman, and that too was bewitching! So my viewing has been enriched again. Trixie was glued to me for most of it too!

Cinema, maybe for you too, has become a thing of the past. A friend and I went to see Calendar Girls years ago, and a group of us went to see The Reader starring Kate Winslet, also many years ago. This modern armchair seating in cinemas is the wrong kind of armchair for some of us!! I wish you a happy week - we both do - with love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me. :bighugs: :bighugs:
P.S. About sport, the exception was London 2012 :magnify: Not meaning to be dismissive. My favourite spectator events are rowing, diving and, best of all, dressage especially Charlotte Dujardin on Allegro.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Reading your post vannin, have in front of me a letter from H.Castleton Greene, Director General. BBC dated 5th June 1961 so that was when I had to leave to look after my mother who had been taken ill. He wrote, to express his thanks for my excellent service and to wish me well in the future. I never managed to go to work from then to this day. Lazy me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Penny wrote:Reading your post vannin, have in front of me a letter from H.Castleton Greene, Director General. BBC dated 5th June 1961 so that was when I had to leave to look after my mother who had been taken ill. He wrote, to express his thanks for my excellent service and to wish me well in the future. I never managed to go to work from then to this day. Lazy me. cheers Penny

No, not lazy! But what was the job you left? Were you on the DG's own staff? You have made me curious.
Remembering some of your posts from years ago, I think you said you had red hair and were engaged seven times, or am I wrong?
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Red hair yes. was secretary to head of engineering equipment. I had 8 or ten people working for me. typing etc. Engaged 5 times not seven. Those were the days. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Good afternoon all, hope everyone feels well. Today has fairly typical October weather. I'll go out tomorrow to post a birthday parcel to my grandson and get quite excited about it! He had a piece of luck connected with school where he is settling well, but I was concerned about the bus rides which had passengers not wearing masks. The drivers officially are not permitted to let them onto the bus and I thought London had this rule before other areas. Locally for me, it was a bit lax at first but that was in Spring, and now the rule is observed.

But my daughter tells me he has lifts door-to-door now, by a friend's parent. So much better and not such an early start. My family used to have wheels but stopped a few years ago because London Transport is/was good. They use train to visit me.
My new prescription delivery came today, I had to get September's repeat package as emergency because of the let-down, but am pleased with the new one.
Dita, I hope all is well with you. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxx :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes