Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Afternoon all, sorry to be late. G/daughter came with a load of readymeals and has been chaitting away all afternoon. G/son back at Uni in Newcastle. So all tripping along. Just had call from our local surgery to let us know therapy has been arranged for hubby sometime this week. Very pleased to get that news. Just starting to rain. Hope everyone is o.k. Start posting folk. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi everyone, I have been having one of those days which has led to finishing up not doing any of my intended jobs or coming on here, never mind. It will all come out in the wash-----I didn't even get that done. Pleased you are getting your husband sorted Penny. And Vannin you are busy planning presents for that lovely Grandson, can tell your mind is well occupied.
The blooming phone is ringing now, will have to say bye until tomorrow, take care everyone and Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:55 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny with blue sky and little puffs of white, not at photographs of you Dita with Larry, Dolly and a little girl. too warm but bearable. I do hope all are well. Just been looking at a photograph of you with Larry, Dolly and a little girl, I think is your grandaughter. Also one of Dolly lying on a chair or settee. Hope everyone is well and ready to enjoy the day. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone. weather is cloudy and a little rainy here. That little girl is now 14yrs old Penny, and Dolly is not far behind her in age. I do not see very much of my Grandchildren, they live all over the country, my Husband is still missed so much at this house but in my head and heart he is still here. Do you still follow the Saracens, I have a lovely pic of you at a match with your son. I do hope all is well now with your husband also your bruises. Take care all. Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Afternoon all. Weather been lovely and sunny ust beginning to get evening clouds. Waiting for therapist? to arrive, he rang 30 mins. ago. We still watch Saracens on TV. Son follows them all over the place . Hope to catch you all later. Keep posting folks. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 pm

I'll be in time to say goodnight anyway! When I was at my bus stop to go to the post office today, I was happy to see a friend who was out for her daily walk. I have known her since our children started school and we were at their coach stop together daily. She lives only 5 or 10 minutes walk away, yet since March, I suppose we were never out at the same time. So we had a good chat to catch up, standing six feet apart!
Dita, like your two, Trixie and my grandson are close in age: he 12 this week and she 12 in January (month of birth calculated by vet when RSPCA first had her) She and I send hugs to you and Dolly.xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:25 pm

I must have been tempting fate when I added the fact that grandson is given lifts now by friend and parent. Just received this from my daughter.
"Charlie has to isolate for his birthday and until 24 October. His friend and family are part of the Office for National Statistics’ testing survey so they’re tested once a month. Today his friend received a positive result EIGHT DAYS after providing his swab. It’s good the ONS is tracking the community spread, however it was designed - in the ONS’s own words - “to support rapid testing and diagnosis, helping to narrow down areas of concern”. If the positive result had been received by last Friday (4 days), then they wouldn’t have gone to hockey together, his friend wouldn’t have gone to school for the last few days and the ripple effect would have been much less. Charlie is perfectly fine. He was wearing a mask for a 15-minute car journey each way and not sitting next to his mate in the car. He doesn’t seem too disappointed, but it’s really frustrating. Should just let it go with this vent - we thought it had been nothing short of a miracle he hadn’t been off through Covid reasons yet."
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny so far with white puffs crossing over. Expect it to change this afternoon. My cleaner just gone, says having problem trying to find school place for her little one. The girl is only three and half but places at school have to be booked now. She says all arrangement are made on line and there are four schools who might have a place when needed. I ask you, what a to-do. I hope everyone is o.k. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

We had to book my son and daughter as soon after birth as possible, to start as near 5th birthday as was usual. Much has changed.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:45 pm

You are right saying everything has changed, everything is so complicated and we do seem to be over populated, when I was on holiday in China years ago families could only have one child----we could do that here, Oh! dear! its too late.
Lucky you Penny, being able to have your cleaner, you do not seem to have any restrictions ?? I want one too but not having much luck, and our gardener has deserted us, meaning my neighbour and I are both gardener hunting too.
Poor Charlie having to isolate so near his birthday Vannin, be good if he got extra presents to make up for it. Take care everyone, hugs and love to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi Dita, my cleaning ls from a company called Domestique. Might be worth a look to see if they reach your area. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 pm

dita wrote:You are right saying everything has changed, everything is so complicated and we do seem to be over populated, when I was on holiday in China years ago families could only have one child----we could do that here, Oh! dear! its too late.
Lucky you Penny, being able to have your cleaner, you do not seem to have any restrictions ?? I want one too but not having much luck, and our gardener has deserted us, meaning my neighbour and I are both gardener hunting too.
Poor Charlie having to isolate so near his birthday Vannin, be good if he got extra presents to make up for it. Take care everyone, hugs and love to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx

He is such a laidback - but not lazy! - boy, he is taking isolation in his stride so far, tho' the birthday is not till Friday. He has so many aunts and uncles on Dad's side, who spoil him, I expect he will receive extra. In my last text, I suggested we will give him an extra special delayed outing, if and when normality returns. He will be home with his Dad these few days. It seems wrong to mention someone having a spot of luck while the economy is shattering, but my daughter was offered fulltime with the Express Group, a job she had not even applied for! She has been freelance for twenty years and jumped at the offer. Just thinking, she is likely to have submitted the above write-up to a column in one of her papers (with changes). Considering she is far from placid, this wording shows restraint on her part.
Take care everyone and stay safe. hugs and love to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Re the mention I made about my daughter's new fulltime job, of course if I'd been thinking clearly, all three of them must isolate together, so I assume she will start work as soon as the isolation ceases, all being well. It will be the weekend after this one, as a 'week' in Press employment includes weekends in shifts. I am not ringing to ask her any questions, to avoid placing more emphasis on my grandson's situation. He picks up on everything said.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Had a different kind of day. Hubby slipped off the bed and between us tried everything to get him back but to no avail. Rang daughter who arranged for an ambulance which took an hour to get here. Sheer hell from then on. No place in hospital, then careworkers came, changed the ambulance man from taking hubby, call from doctor, take him to Hospital, then call don.t take him until bloodpressure taken, and so it went on until two thirty when another medic came and said hospital now. Son and daughter just left so now a lonely night to look forwward to. Son has fixed gadgets all over the plce to make sure I am o.k. What a day. Be pleased to get some sleep I hope. Thought I would bring you up to date in case I don't get to post. cheers Penny :groaner:
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Oh! dear Penny, I am familiar with all that sort of carryon, surprised that taking his blood pressure wasn't taken by the Ambulance medics, it is usually the first thing to be done and maybe you should pursue it. Anyway I do hope he soon improves >
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes