Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Dita, it is unbelievable that so many people have now been killed by tornado. I don't think they attack the West Coast of America, but stranger things have happened. I have recently sent my usual email for 'between Thanksgiving and Christmas', so the reply may come soon. If anything dreadful had happened in the clan, I would have heard. Or any of the cousins might have friends in any of those States affected.

I put up two lots of outdoor lights today (no need to climb high!) The porch has a network of small lights, and in the front garden is what was originally a small natural tree used indoors for two Christmases and when next replanted, it was easier to leave to grow ....... now about 8 feet!! The lights came on OK at dusk and the porch ones are well away. But the tree lights have gone off early, maybe because of a naff battery. I won't be going out to inspect it now I am in dressing gown, but will see to it tomorrow.!

Next week will have two lots of practice for our carol service on Saturday. Patrick left everything too late again in spite of our nudging him to start on seasonal music sooner. Trixie has just spent an hour and three quarters on my lap which is not frequent but I was on HER chair - you guessed it -the CareCo!
She and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx Take care everyone.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi Vannin I do hope all is well with yourself and Trixie, Your lights sound very impressive, I have a couple of automatic lights, one in my porch and one outside the back door. They are a good deterrent. Your original small indoor tree has certainly done well, good job it is still not inside :) . I do hope you didn't receive any bad news from anyone in the states since our next communication, such extensive happenings is hard to imagine. Very little news from this end, we are just carrying on from day to day, (Dolly and I ) It has not been very suitable football weather of late and she has to be happy playing inside, which isn't the same. Anyway love and hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you are all coping with the swings and roundabouts of approaching Christmas while there is so much uncertainty as to what is happening in the the world around us. :grouphug:
I have had a turnaround in the longstanding bad relations that were between me and three of the five partners of my GP practice including the female Senior Partner. I have not been near the place since 8th November 2019 because she was dismissive and disrespectful. There had previously been two lots of negligence. Every time I thought of transferring to another Practice, I heard poor reports on all of them!! :lala:
However, yesterday I had a good phone chat with a new lady doctor, and there is also a new male doctor. This could mean the boss and another one are about to retire - not before time. I have been given an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and have booked a taxi. Quite glad, because of an old niggling health problem. :please:
Dita, there is not much home news to report other than my 'success' outlined here. I have had to stay indoors, apart from a funeral on Monday, till now because the local bus absented itself from running - surely it should return on Monday 20th. But I have lifts this evening and Fri evening, by my usual friend, for choir practice prior to Saturday's Carol Service. I hear there are three funerals next week, needing singers. :sad: Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:34 pm

P.S. on Friday. Verdict is, it is a Lipoma - very harmless. Some time next year, a scan to confirm it then possibly treatment by injection into it. After three years of eye injections, it may be a doddle!!
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions
and/or traditions of others, or their
choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all ...
and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2022, but not without due respect
for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make New Zealand great,(not to imply that New Zealand is necessarily greater than any other country), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability,
religious faith, choice of computer platform,
or sexual preference of the wishee.

- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTABILITY -
(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.)
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings
for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:58 pm

Happy Christmas Ciderman Michael!!!!!
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:47 pm

A Very Happy Christmas from me too Ciderman xxx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi Vannin, Thank goodness things are a little less stressful for you now, wish I could be in your choir and join in, anyway I will be thinking of you. You and I seem to be good at opening ourselves up to plenty little problems in life, like you I jump from one obstacle straight into another. :groaner: Have been having trouble getting into my email the last week or so, now my landline has gone down and BT is going to sort it out during the next few days----hopefully ? :please: No peace for the wicked. Do hope little Trixie is well and giving you plenty of hugs. Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Since I posted on the thread started by Maggie, nothing happened except Christmas!!! Is illness the problem? If not, where is everybody? :magnify: It was nice to see Maggie pop in with seasonal wishes. :welcome1:

My threesome arrived on 24th, time has passed pleasantly and they will return home today. Trixie is unused to anyone staying over, and after recently developing the habit of sleeping on every bed in turn, I had to keep her in check and was not her favourite person for a while. :huffin: Today I expect she won't surface for another hour or so from my bed. Think she will be glad to see them go though I won't be glad. :(

Dita, I hope you are well, Dolly too. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you both.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:13 pm

I do hope everyone has had a good Christmas, :grouphug: especially Vannin and Trixie. Unfortunately I had a fall xmas eve, Hurt the left side of my body which took the weight also including three steps near my back door, :groaner: the pain really only just coming out but thank goodness nothing broken :please: I dont think :) Forgive me for not having much to tell you, it was a very quiet Christmas and I guess New Year wii be very similar. I do hope all is well with you Vannin and Trixie love and big hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:17 pm

The first time that Christmas has been such a non-event! Had 3 visitors for about 4 hours on Christmas day. We are going away for a few days up to Central Hawkes Bay where we used to live up until 4 years ago, (God the time seems to have flown!). Still got family there so we will stay over. Don't know what Rosie will think of 2 hours in the car!
Hope you all have an enjoyable time before the start of yet another year, then continue to enjoy the whole year! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:16 am

Hope Ciderman enjoys the few days in Central Hawkes Bay, and Rosie adapts to travelling that distance.
Best wishes for 2022, it has to be a better year than this one and last one. :downhatch:

Dita, poor you. I am so sorry to know you had a fall but thank goodness you escaped having fractures. It must be very painful, and your ribs may be bruised as well as the visible bruises. :sad: I hope the healing process is working, albeit slowly.
The house is back to its usual empty feeling - but for Trixie of course. I didn't have my get-up-and-go today
and I think she was breathing big sighs of relief for normality! I had an Ocado delivery which, unlike my usual times, was delivered in the evening. He was due in the 7 to 8 slot and finally arrived at 9 p.m. :huffin: I was glad to hastily put shopping away but am still on my way to bed!
I hope you are managing to sleep, Dita, and will soon feel better as I am sure Dolly is imploring you to be.
We both send love and gentle hugs to you both xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:43 pm

Happy New Year everyone! :fam21:
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:26 pm

The same wish from me too. Just pray it will be a peaceful and healthy one.
Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:28 pm

A Very Happy New Year to Everyone on Rowan. :grouphug:

Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes