Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:35 pm

White rabbits! Or chocolate colour! One of Charlies presents to me was a box of chocolate penguins, the word 'waddling' was on the box so I hope my poor slow walking has not started to meet that description! :choklit:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:54 pm

Have a great day everyone. xxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:11 pm

Don't worry Vannin! Everybody loves penguins! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:54 am

:lol: :clapper:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 pm

Nice one Ciderman. :banana: I like both kinds of Penguins. :please: :ithanku:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 pm

G'day everyone. Is anyone else finding it takes a while to get back in our stride?
There have been too many 'extra' Bank Holiday days for me, the Mondays. :roll:
I believe the Christmas card post from parts of the USA is out there 'somewhere' The California ones came through in plenty of time but not the Utah cards. Still, even if I can't remember what day it is, most of the time, it is nice if something festive turns up even now. I shall dismantle decorations on the 6th. ;)

Had to ring Boots Pharmacy today because the deliveries have obviously been delayed too. I have taken my last Omeprazole and have just four Thyroxine left. The pharmacist is always pleasant and said the delivery will go out in the hour. That was at 11.30. I realise there must be driver shortages, likewise in retail and schools and, of course, the NHS, everywhere in fact. I was so glad my threesome had no difficulty in joining me, however brief it was. I hope everyone is well, stay safe through this 2022. :please:
Dita, I hope you felt well over the festive time and are not still in much pain after your fall, and that Dolly has the 'pet instinct' to relax her demands on you. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you both.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:17 am

Morning all, what a lovely blue sky with a bright sun popping through. The ground however is white over with frost. Forecast was correct, it is a lot colder today. Take care all and have a good day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Just a quickie to say my pharmacy delivery came just now, after I phoned again this a.m. So when I was told to expect it in the hour, there was no mention of which day!! The dispensing labels were dated 20th Dec, so Christmas , of course, got in the way, as I realised. Pharmacy depts are part of NHS, which I would never dream of criticizing.
Last edited by vannin on Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:44 pm

I get my medication from (http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk) my surgery arranged it a few years ago, I find it very reliable, the company works alongside the surgery and my medication arrives by post 3 or 4 days after ordering. :sunglasses: Thanks for your kind thoughts Vannin, :welcome1: I do appreciate it, I am doing my best to keep positive and you certainly help me do it. Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie xxxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby dita » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi! Everyone, hope you are ok.xxxxx hugs and love to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:06 am

I don't know where the weekend went, but even with the loss of my 'get-up-and-go' the days passed in the blink of an eye. I tried to venture to town on Thursday but after standing half an hour at the bus stop in the current weather, returned indoors to the warmth. Later heard the traffic had been at a standstill after an accident.
Tried again on Friday in icy windy conditions, and it was OK - I only needed the post office and it was empty again. There always used to be queues out the door! Sent a manuscript to the USA where it should belong, composed of a diary and poetry written by my in-law who was a G.I. bride. It was gathering dust here and I felt the folk in Utah are so 'into' family history and she produced so many children, one or more of her descendants would welcome it. Especially thinking of one of her grand-daughters, now 44, to whom I addressed the package. The Californian rellies are thriving, I hear.

Trixie and I are O.K. though my 'fibro' is playing up. I finally got prescription for Codydramol because Paracetamol is useless for this and I can't take any of the others (the non-steroidal anti-inflammatories)
Dita, I hope your injuries have healed now and you are otherwise feeling OK. Trixie and I send love and gentle hugs to you and Dolly xxxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Like you stated and mentioned Vannin about how fast the days goes, I keep wondering if I am losing my marbles because my days just go so quickly, a day ago to me can in reality be as much as 2 or 3 days since, and my memory is very bad at times too. I am so pleased your relatives are all ok in the US. Your communications with them is very interesting to read.
I do hope you are feeling less pain now and the meds have taken away some of the intensity, my bruises and after effects of my fall have now eased considerably thank goodness but old age has come truly to the forefront. I have noticed Dolly is slowing down somewhat and because of me not being as active due to my aches and pains + the wet weather etc., and that worries me a bit. Anyway love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:32 pm

Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations girls and I hope all is well now. Vannin's comment about days flying by makes me once again revert to the saying that getting old is a bit like jumping off a cliff. The closer to the end the faster you go! Now I'm not working I often mistake what day of the week it is!
We had 3 days away in Central Hawkes Bay where my son runs a huge garden . He has a staff of 6 and a nice boss with lots of money who owns a big farm in addition to Paul's domain. We stayed in what was once a shearer's quarters but very much updated now for people to stay over. Gas hot water, BBQ's and a lovely setting. We really enjoyed our time there only about 5 minute drive from Paul's house where we had our lunch and evening meals. Took Rosie along for her first long car ride then when we let her out in the morning there was entertainment chasing rabbits which she had never met before!
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 am

Ciderman, it looks lovely. I can imagine Rosie being enchanted by meeting rabbits! Your few days with your son in a different environment, were a nice start to the year. May all of 2022 bring good things to you and the family.
Dita, talk about losing marbles! I am certainly 'losing words' quite often mid-sentence. When my three came for Christmas, for example I was saying how I started getting a weekly treat for Trixie. It is a little carton of Non-Lacto-cream which is free of lactose. I give only small helpings because it must be quite rich. But the word Lactose, which I could easily use all the time, escaped me, so I was saying 'It should be safe for Trix because it is free of - of -erm -oh, word begins with L...' They said 'oh yes, no Lactose', quite used to sorting my head out! Usually if I stop and think, the missing word comes eventually. The same with people's names, but so far, I have not yet gone blank when greeting someone I know well. The age thing is at the forefront and I look for changes in Trixie too, but she is still 'sprightly'. Seems to sleep about 18 or 19 hours in 24, but always has done since she came here in 2010. A lot of the time her eyes are half-open and she watches me, so that is not ALL sleep! We both send love and hugs to you and Dollyxxxxx
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:20 am

I notice with Rosie that we often think she is asleep but if you get up close you can see her eyes sliding around without any head movement!
Fortunately I have not yet suffered from prosopagnosia, but I do have trouble with names! I recognise the face but can't always name it, which can be embarrassing! :-)
ciderman_nz

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes