Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Andere, I hope the treatment is working for poor little LK. Like humans, arthritic pain is magnified by the kind of bitter weather we have been having, so I wish her and her humans a better Christmas.
When the double entendre appeared in the innocent post from Penny, I immediately remembered Mrs Slocombe in 'Are you being served?' and how Mr What-is-name sniggered every time she mentioned her pussy.

Today I had my regular eye injection; and last month marked a year since I began having them, first every four weeks and now every six weeks. At first I thought injection would only be if the scan showed a gel leakage from the macula on the retina, but nowadays treatment lasts indefinitely even if the result shows clear. So, if, like today, the scan is clear, the consultant says 'It is looking very good', the pleasant words are still followed by injections. :(
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 am

Worth it though, Viv, if the regular treatment leads to the regular utterance of the magic words, "looking good...". I trust all will continue to go well for you.
LK seems to be deriving some benefit from her pain relief medicine and her movements seem easier in the first part of the day with less hesitation about jumping up on to chairs, beds, window sills etc. But she's very stiff by mid-evening (this seems to be a feature of some kinds of arthritis in cats and humans alike). In view of the Awful Warnings about side effects and kidney damage, I'm certainly not about to increase the dosage or the frequency without a vet's sanction. She's due back for blood tests and a review in six weeks so we'll wait and see. Meantime, she's her usual loving, contrary self and happy to eat all the medicated sardines I'll allow!
I'm hoping this cold and rainy spell has put an end to Trixie's mite problem for this year?

I had entirely forgotten about Mrs Slocombe ... Another contender for the Unfunny Comedy Awards! :roll:
I hope everyone's staying warm and leak proof in this interminable rain. Definitely not a good week to find a slipped roof tile with all the builders and roofers going off for their Xmas/New year hols.
Andere Richtingen

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Morning all, what dreadful weather. I do hope LK recovers soon, poor puss. (No giggles) Not sure what kind you have but the rain today here is very heavy, poor birds coming for food simply dripping and the neighbour's cat keeps darting to and fro pinching some of the food. Nothing planned now, too wet to bother so a pile of ironing is likely. Think I would rather have snow for Xmas. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Morning all, what a lovely day to start. A little cold still. Do hope Prince Philip is O>K> Now, not a good time to be ill. I hope all are keeping well Make sure you keep free from folk with flu symptoms, I hear hospitals have told folk with any flu-like symptoms not to go to hospital for treatment. Seems thousand have not had the jab this year and hospitals are very concerned. maggieh, just had a batch of photos from Granddaughter, on holiday now and having a fantastic time. Wish I could put them on here, the places she is visiting are fantastic. I could place a bet she will eventually go there to live. Hope you have a good time with Logan. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Awful weather here now,wind is getting up,raining hard.Has been raining on and off all day.

Yes shame you can't put your pictures on here Penny.Would be lovely to see what nice places your granddaughter has seen.If she does move to Sydney,maybe you can go out for a holiday.
My granddaughter has said she isn't going back to America next year,as she wants to pass her driving test.She will need a car to get to her teaching training jobs.

I had a lovely time out with Logan and his mummy yesterday.After we had spent about a couple of hours at a garden centre\play area,we went off to have a mcdonalds,then on way home we saw all the boats in the harbour all lit up in lights.Was a lovely sight.

Done my last bit of xmas shopping today on Amazon,will get some odds and ends on Monday then sit back and let it all happen.I am eating out Xmas day with my family,no cooking for any of us.
Are you going to your son's for Xmas Penny.? Have a nice evening,no strictly tonight.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:37 pm

What a shame re your weather. We have had a lovely day until late afternoon and then we started with your heavy rain. So pleased you enjoyed your day with Logan. Super when they are young, Yes, we are going to sons to Xmas day. Daughter popped in last night asking permission to use my freezer for her turkey. She is very busy , has to keep dashing here and there to check reports on children being mis-treated. I hope Xmas day starts with better weather..I am still praying that this rain will be taken to those horrible fires and where there is a shortage of water. Pity no Strictly, very boring channels now. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Good afternoon Penny and anyone else that drops in.Not upto much here today,quiet everywhere.Am waiting on a parcel delivery around 3.15 onwards,so no nodding here for me. :roll:

I am having a 5 minute break from installing a Xbox One game machine to my tv.Its the bending up and down plugging it in that wears me out. :roflmao: Once it is up and working,I will not be playing with it until Xmas day.As I have said all along Xmas day I will enjoy it.

Its a damp day here again,had enough rain.

I will watch Dancing on Ice this evening,if too many advert breaks,I will watch it on Catchup.

How is your arm these days Penny?Your daughter has a interesting job but a sad one to Penny.I couldnt do that sort of work.Good job she can.

Hope you have company for Xmas, Dita and dolly.

Well I must plod on sorting box out.Have a nice afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are are all ready for the christmas fun and games. What an amount of rain we are having, its ok living in this countryside, we all think of walking and not having to suffer traffic etc, but when it is so wet that even a walk round the garden can leave you barefooted because the state of it is a bog which threatens sucking you down and trying to pinch your wellies including poor Dolly as well it gives a different aspect to the lifestyle. :) I shall be alone for Xmas Maggieh, family have popped in for a couple of hours and have returned to their own lives many miles away, I have 3 very aged Cockatiels to look after also my little dog so imposing on anyone is a no-no, I am certainly going to miss one special person that is for sure. Anyway take care of yourselves and make the most of it xxxxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi maggieh and Dita and anyone popping in. Weather been sunny and dry. I agree re daughter's job, she has been doing it a long time and is good at it. If someone
mistreats a young one she takes them straight to court if they refuse to put the kiddie in care. Cost a fortune but a needy job. Arm is easing slightly since taking paracetamol. Thank you. Had any news re Noddy???, Saw the skating show, won't watch it again. Daughter came round with presents this A.M. Son is popping in tomorrow.
As grandson is home from Uni, son is finding it difficult to wrap presents for him so had them delivered here and coming to wrap them up. Take care and be careful. Hugs for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Good afternoon Penny and Dita and anyone else that pops by.Lovely sunny bright day here,its quite mild too.I keep forgetting what the day is today,I nearly took Wednesday's medication instead of Tuesday.

I went out with my daughter yesterday afternoon for a couple of drinks,first time I have had a glass of wine since April :roll: It didn't affect me though.The company I am with tomorrow are non drinkers so no toasting for us.

Don't forget to hang your xmas stockings up before bed tonight :roflmao:
I want you all to have a lovely xmas as best as you can.And a happy new year.

No news on Noddy's funeral yet,that will be after Xmas I would think. :sad:

Glad your arm is feeling better Penny.Keep popping the tablets,I have been popping them today also as ive had migraine twice today.

Oh I watched dancing on Ice and I didnt enjoy,so many advert breaks.I will give that a miss now.

Well have a nice day and enjoy tomorrow.Yes Dita you will miss your special person. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Good afternoon all, Christmas Eve pleased I'm not out there battling with shoppers :) Maggieh I do wish I was in Kent with my family but logically it wouldn't be fair on them as-- 'things ain't what they used to be'--"unquote. In a way I am contented to wind down and get myself sorted out in the hope that I can decide what to do with myself for the rest of my life. I;m popping the pills like most of us. I watched Dancing on ice too and not impressed with all the adverts, have spent most of my time doing crosswords as tv gets very boring. Think its time for me to cuddle little Dolly and wish you Maggieh & Penny a great Christmas Day and enjoy playing on your Xbox, Big hugs to Andere, Vannin also everyone else, take care xxxxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Wishing Happy Christmas to all my cyber-friends. and a Happy New Year.xx :fam21:
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:07 pm

:bighugs: :bighugs: Vannin hope you had a good day, today is Boxing Day and I hope thats good too.
So much enthusiasm for keeping the site going is almost mind boggling. :sad: Big Hugs :bighugs: :bighugs: to everyone never-the-less :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Good afternoon Dita and anyone else that pops by.It is awful weather here in Kent.rain and windy.Been dark most of the day,so I have closed the curtains.

Hope you are all enjoying boxing day,I am just having a lazy day,do whatever I need to do.

I was lurking at a forum lastnight and read that Maywalk is in hostipal at the moment,don't know how long she has been in there.

Back to normal things tomorrow,hooray. :roll:
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi Maggieh, my son told me it was not a good day where you are when he rang this morning, we have had a dull but dry day here. I am sorry to hear about Maisie had no idea as I do not go anywhere to find out, bless her I do hope its nothing serious. Like you I am trying to have a chill out day. Take care Dolly and me xxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes