Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Hello everyone. Vannin I got hacked by someone via my landline and they had also got into my computer, they said they were Amazon security, it went on for quite a while, it is a long story because my bank got in touch with the police while I was at the bank in the end, my phone number was changed, the bank made sure all was ok again etc. watch it because they are very professional. They didn't achieve their object thank goodness.
Love to yourself and Trixie xxxxxx Take care all x
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi Dita, I remember you saying what a gruelling time you had.
Apart from the stuff described yesterday, I now find there may also be skulduggery at Facebook, following my being hacked recently. I renewed the password, all seemed OK at first. But this week I have had an undesirable intrusion on my Facebook, a complete stranger stalking me on Messages.

Then yesterday a pleasant chap came to the door asking about the mattress advertised on Facebook Marketplace, with my address!!! I have never used FB Marketplace, and certainly am not disposing of a mattress. Plus, I have never let my home address or email address into the public domain. Quite stunned, I was sorry for the chap having a wasted journey, and he was concerned because I said FB was a problem. He advised me to make a complaint, which I did and mentioned the hacking, the stalking and now someone has impersonated me in print. Not had a response yet, not sure if I will. Re the hacking, did I mention that Stephen W (Monsie's Stevie seagull!) complained on my behalf?

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter weekend, take care. Trixie and I send love and bunny hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
Last edited by vannin on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:14 pm

Oh! Vannin I am sorry to hear that, these days I am very careful and don't go on FB and the like, in fact this is the only forum I belong to. Funny thing is ----I always get the ----not secure---warning come up.??? I remember Stevie, and I do miss Monsie :( Have a great weekend hugs to you both, from us both xxxx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi Ladies
I also got a call from Amazon but had heard about the scam and i put the phone down on them,you have to be so careful now as too much going on.
Also dont accept anything on FB like friend requests either as lots of dodgy people about now.
twin1947

Postby dita » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:34 pm

It was more than one call when it happened to me twin, it was also just after my husband had died too, the police were very watchful and a police lady visited me almost each day in order to keep me safe. I do agree with what you say though Twin, we do have to take care.
When I mentioned the site not secure warning yesterday------do you know which site I was referring to when it happens????

Anyway I hope you are all having a Good Friday. Take Care and Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Thank you Twin, for the warning. I haven't had dodgy ones on the phone, which could be down to my having Call Guardian for the past three years or more. The caller has to self-identify so I can press 1 if I know them, and 'let them through'. If I don't know the caller, they don't get through, and you can tell the scared ones if they quickly hang up before being blocked! Otherwise they have always been people I know and they don't get stopped after the first time because the system recognises their number as friend not foe!!

On Facebook, there are idiots who try to 'friend' complete strangers and they get short shrift from me. All the names on my list are either known personally or are from forums as you are, Maggie and Janet, and of course, Ciderman.
Still heard nothing from my complaint yesterday, must be a bit too soon!
In fact Dita, it was only last year that I let you go from the Facebook Friends. You and your previous little doggie were still there, forlornly not logging in!
Take care all and love and hugs to Dita and Dolly, happy Easter xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Good afternoon everyone, just checking in although I haven't really got much to say. Wishing you all happy Easter, especially Vannin and Trixie. xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:21 pm

I had no sooner finished my piece on other thread, about missing the choral singing :sad: but the choir director had not contacted any of us at all (1year and three weeks) when Hey Presto, he emailed everyone!!! No apology for lateness but telling us we should let him know :now: TODAY what our choices are for returning in May or June :tantrum2:
Blow that for a lark! :lala: Three members have replied to him in friendly tone, the other twenty have not said a word. If someone leaves us uncontacted for 55 weeks then wants an instant response, the twenty of us are not about to comply. :huffin: :cheeky4: :rolleye11:
Sorry, I needed to let off steam. :rolleye11: :( :rant:
But still, Happy Easter everyone :sunglasses: Hugs and love to Dita and Dollyxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 pm

I think i would also ignore him after all that time.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Thank you Twin, it is good to know I am not barking up any wrong trees!
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm

I am getting messages from friends who I know are dead on Facebook. It's a good contact space for old friends, schoolmates etc but one has to be vary aware of it's potential for scams.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Good afternoon everybody. It is exceedingly quiet around here but Sundays usually are. My family will come next Sunday instead and we will go out to Cliveden, as we have done before. It is open to visitors, booked in advance. Just hope it won't rain. Their lovely restaurant is likely to be doing takeaways. :trink:

Hoping everyone enjoys this weekend and take care. Hugs and love to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:42 pm

:grouphug: Good afternoon everyone. Vannin I loved your rant :cheeky4: Just deserts to him :sunglasses:
Sorry to put a damp on this Easter Day but my friend Ruth died at 3am this morning , we have had a chat about her recently Vannin,
Have been trying to do some gardening while playing in the cup final-----had to give up because of exhaustion.
Have a great day everyone, Lots of Love and Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Dita, I often wondered how Ruth was, and am so sorry she is gone. You were close friends and I know you found it hard not being able to visit while she was ill. It is trite-sounding if I say she won't be suffering any more, but I am thinking of you and offering a few extra hugs. :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Sorry to hear your sad news Dita. It seems to be recurring so often now. People I worked with , people I went to school with . There's a certain inevitability about it.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes