Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:11 pm

' Evenin', all.

I feel just a little disheartened this evening because I spent the afternoon packing up my summer clothes into vacuum bags to make room in the wardrobe for the winter ones. I know I have no need of a sleeveless top or a cotton skirt for at least six months but putting them away still saddens me. To add insult to general depression, it turned into a lovely, sunny afternoon while I was doing it. :sad: I know I'll need my lovely arctic parka before long and my baggy sweaters are very good at hiding the evidence of too many cakes but, even so ...

My landscaping man called to say he's coming to start work on our front garden on Wednesday. Yay!! At last, we can be rid of the horrid mishmash of black asphalt, tatty crazy paving and weird little concrete ridges and borders which serve no purpose except to trip the unwary.I live in terror of getting sued by the post lady or a parcels courier. We're keeping most of the shrub and flower beds but the surround will be pleasant buff coloured flags the same as at the back.

Hoping for a fine day tomorrow so we can go out and find something to enjoy for an hour or two. Fingers x-ed!
Andere Richtingen

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Sorry you are a little down Andere. How about entering the competition for 5 nights in hotel in Japan and tickets for the Rugby Final there. I have saved the number to ring if you feel like it.
Weather rather dismal and cold here. Had a long chat with my granddaughter in Sidney. She certainly loves it out there. Is staying with relatives there over Xmas until.January and then comes home to finish her time at Uni. Hope everyone is O>K> and keeping warm. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It has turned chilly here now,will put the heating on soon.
I have been trying to hide a bed that noddy used to sleep on.So I took everything out of my wardrobe.And the drawers also to make it easier to push.BUT in a case on top of the wardrobe was a wall heater,which I couldnt move.So I had to put everything back in the wardrobe. :doh: Have now put the bed somewhere else. :roll:

Saw Logan yesterday for a nice few hours.Pleased your granddaughter is enjoying her time in Sydney,Penny.Her time seems to be going quick.

Lovely sun is out this afternoon.Are you all getting your halloween costumes ready.I have got my stick ready. :bouncie:

Have a lovely evening all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dejavou » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:28 pm

PENNY, ODDIE HAS LOCKED THE OLD THREAD, SO ANY POSTS CAN NOW GO ON THIS ONE X
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am

Thank you dejavou, sorry to be a pest. Must have been half asleep to mess it up. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dejavou » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:59 pm

NOT A PROBLEM PENNY
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks Deja and Oddie. I repeat thanks to Penny and Dita for their long-continued upkeep of the previous thread, keeping it going. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Good afternoon.What a horrible wet day we have here in Kent.Didn't bother going out today just to get soaked.
Have been trying to unjam my shredder this afternoon,but as yet no luck.Maybe Logan would like to help nanny. :roll:

It has been a long afternoon so far 3.25 and darkish. :roflmao: Think I will turn netflix on soon and find something exciting to watch.

Hope you are all having a jolly day. :roflmao: :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Great. I'd just finished a post when the bliddy Wi-Fi disconnected me yet again. Yet another occasion when I should have thought to prepare my text elsewhere & paste it in!! :tantrum2:

Not much to say: OH not feeling well and I'm a bit worried about him but trying not to fuss because that makes him cross. I've put the garden furniture away for the winter which makes me even more despondent than getting out my winter clothes. No more all fresco meals this year.

Had a lovely trip to the Isle of Axholme yesterday and a vintage bus ride or two. Lovely scenery and autumn colours - until the heavens opened around 4pm anyway!!

Maggieh, please be careful with that shredder!!! My fingers went all peculiar just reading your post. I hate unjammng ours but often have to because neither of us ever thinks to empty the bin and it all backs up.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi everyone, Thanks Vannin, when I joined this Forum all those years ago I was a newbie and had no idea what I was in for. Have so many people to thank for their help and friendship from that time and I will always be grateful. Its a sunny day today and I am getting mi football boots on very shortly? My family are not in Kent at the moment but in North Yorkshire for a few days, they were here on Sunday and they are calling here tomorrow on their way back to Kent, today they are going to Spurn Point, yesterday they were at Flamborough, looking round that area makes my heart beat quite fast because I love those places so much and they are continually sending me pics. Take care , hugs from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi all, pleased to hear you are on the go Dita, football boots indeed. must get some to join in. Just back from lunch. Lovely and sunny. We haven't been to the lake/canal for a bit, Weather been so changeable birds disappear..My house birds are all back now, just been to Lidl to top up on bread for them. Anyone interested, Lidl have some good kitchen stuff after Thursday and some super toys for children. Take care all and hugs for Dolly and little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Good evening all.Its not very warm at the moment,I best go for a run,my hands are chilly. :roflmao:

Nothing very exciting has happened today.I went to the town this morning,finished up walking there as the main road that the buses use was closed all day.So there was diversions going on.Then coming back the bus was diverted again.So I hope it is dry in the morning when I walk both ways to the drs for my flu jab.

I will keep my fingers clear of the shredder,Andere.I don't know how I am going to unjam it yet.It was my fault by putting a lump of stuff through at the same time. :sad: Hope your hubby is feeling better today.

Have a nice evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi, all. It turned into a lovely autumn day here - suddenly realised how nice it had become while I was dealing with a pile of laundry and sorting out the recycling but, by then, it was a little late to enjoy it!

OH is fine today, thanks. In truth, I think he'd just had one of those odd sleepless nights on Sunday night and it left him feeling totally washed out. Who knows?

Not a lot to report, really; I lead such a quiet life! Well, the neighbours will be complaining in a day or two that it's anything BUT quiet when a few more leaves have fallen and I get out the leaf vac ... :twisted:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi everyone, wouldn't be very good if this thread which has just been re- placed from the other long long long lasting one----- fizzle out already :( These poor people who have been found in that van makes me wonder what kind of a world we live in, my son and family will be going past that area where they were found anytime now on their way back home. Penny don't you own any football boots-------that's awful hee hee :) Big hugs from Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi Dita, no boots I'm afraid. Funny as my dad was a referee. Must get some. Just had word young chappie coming tomorrow. Getting me worn out. Hope everyone is O>K> and ready for evening posting. Caught a glimpse of that story about the people in the van, simply dreadful. O>H> went out for lunch with the boys today so had chicken chow mein, ate the chow and left the chicken. Been quire decent weather today, did a pile of washing (or the machine did). Going to be a little warmer tonight. Enjoy footie with Dolly. Hugs from me to her and all little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes