Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby maggieh » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Good evening everyone.I have just been reading all about the people that were found dead in the truck.So awful,I wonder how they got in there or where they had come from.

I had a nice morning and afternoon out,went food shopping with Janet and her hubby in their new car.Had my flu jab this morning and now have a sore arm.

Was lovely a little while ago,my son rung me so Logan could speak to me about a game we are both playing.He has got to level 100 on his tablet,im only on level 69.I must try and turn my sound up higher as at times I was struggling to hear him.

Now Ive to phone Noddy to see if he is coming to visit tomorrow afternoon.Don't send your young man on to me this week Penny.Im tired. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Have a good evening all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:46 am

Good morning from grey Lincs. Damp and drizzly but very warm and muggy - ugh!

My front garden looks like a war zone: there's a man with a backhoe out there piling up buckets full of old paving, dead heather and goodness knows what and dumping it all in a big skip. He's promised to make sure the postie and other callers can get to the door but they'd better watch where they're going! It'll all be worthwhile when it's done.

Not a lot else happening here at present but I hope you're all having a decent day and Bob's plaster cast isn't itching TOO much. Soon be off, now. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:28 am

Andere Richtingen wrote:Good morning from grey Lincs. Damp and drizzly but very warm and muggy - ugh!

My front garden looks like a war zone: there's a man with a backhoe out there piling up buckets full of old paving, dead heather and goodness knows what and dumping it all in a big skip. He's promised to make sure the postie and other callers can get to the door but they'd better watch where they're going! It'll all be worthwhile when it's done.

Not a lot else happening here at present but I hope you're all having a decent day and Bob's plaster cast isn't itching TOO much. Soon be off, now. :lol:

I don't know about Bob, but my plaster has worn out its welcome. Today is day 38 and the appointment for it to come off will be day 44 (Tuesday 29th) at Stoke Mandeville. From going slowly, the time has started racing. This week and next, my local bus is not running due to road works so the feeling of being cut off (as well as plastered and rib-in-recovery), is the last straw! Still, it would be so much worse in a heatwave.
Happily a good friend will take me to hosp and back, which is 45 mins each way in normal traffic.
Last edited by vannin on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone, its very grey and drizzly from this part of Lincs too. Just wondering if your man there is still working outside getting wet through poor guy, Andere- he'll be at home with a chill tomorrow. Good Luck for day 44 Vannin hope all goes well. Take care from Dolly & Me xxx :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks Dita. Love and hugs to you and Dolly from me and Trixie.
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Good afternoon All.
Very gloomy day here its wet and very dark,i have a side light on as cant see the keyboard.
I an drying my washing on the clothes horse today,then tomorow will finish it off in the tumble dryer
Have you all started your Xmas shopping yet,i have just started,i also have 3 birthdays first grandson will be 5 and grandaughter 9 how time flies.
Its school have term here and its done nothing but rain,well cant see it ever being any different now as it is winter,nice seeing the leaves all different colours .
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:29 pm

vannin wrote:I don't know about Bob, but my plaster has worn out its welcome.... .

Sorry about "Bob"!
Dratted predictive text; always thinks it knows better than I do what I'm trying to say. Long ago, I had a clunky, un-smart phone which allowed you to turn off predictive text but non of my current, supposedly smart devices will permit such a radical act. :tantrum2:
Viv, may the next 6 days pass speedily and in reasonable comfort. :bighugs:

Dita - my lovely contractor has just finished for the day. He soldiered on through ridiculous amounts of rain because the backhoe was being collected by the plant hire company at 4pm today. It seems awfully quiet out there now! I'll ply him with hot tea and ginger nuts tomorrow; that's sure to help.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi all, not raining now but been a dreadful morning. Young chappie came to sort out a new piece of new hedge. Planting new bushes and had such a job his partner came too, He managed to get rid of all the grass and rubbish. he does the large trees but they are not ready yet, still full of leaves, The sky looks a very disturbing colour. Seem we have the same weather tomorrow...Do hope all are well and soon to be rid of plasters etc. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:
vannin wrote:I don't know about Bob, but my plaster has worn out its welcome.... .

Sorry about "Bob"!
Dratted predictive text; always thinks it knows better than I do what I'm trying to say. Long ago, I had a clunky, un-smart phone which allowed you to turn off predictive text but non of my current, supposedly smart devices will permit such a radical act. :tantrum2:
Viv, may the next 6 days pass speedily and in reasonable comfort. :bighugs:

Dita - my lovely contractor has just finished for the day. He soldiered on through ridiculous amounts of rain because the backhoe was being collected by the plant hire company at 4pm today. It seems awfully quiet out there now! I'll ply him with hot tea and ginger nuts tomorrow; that's sure to help.

Andere, I am sorry to know that a mysterious new Bob won't be joining us here! :hide:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi everyone from a very rainy Lincs. Andere what a a guy your contractor is and a total asset to his job. I have an old guy with crippled knees comes here and next door every couple of weeks to cut grass and prune when needed, he is very valuable to me even though his own health has limitations. Every little helps !! so the advert says :ithanku: Thanks for those hugs Vannin, many back from Dolly & me xx :bighugs:
Had a good laugh to myself about Bob----------this sort of comment during conversation on a forum is worth its weight in gold . :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Good afternoon from a soggy wet Kent,think its the same all over today.I went to Primark with Janet this morning,I brought a couple of tops and a pkt of false fingernails to wear at Xmas.

I brought 18 batteries from Amazon,they were delivered a while ago.They will keep me going for a while in my x-box handset. :roll:

No getting up early tomorrow to see Logan as he is away this weekend.I will be watching England-New Zealand around 9ish tomorrow morning.

I will be putting the heating on once its dark enough to close the dark out.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Yesterday my family returned to London from a few days in Shaldon, Devon, where it was marginally better than here. They don't go there for the sun in October, but to see my s-i-l's two sisters who, of course, spoil Charlie. He had a wonderful 11th birthday at home before that, and was with me here for most of Sunday 13th. Opening his present from me a bit early, he was very excited. It was the Lego model he wanted, the space station of the Apollo Moon Landing, though it is directed at 16-year-olds.
He finished it (all on his own) by the birthday and was excited again to let me know!

Today is the 24th anniversary of my son Steven's passing. He was 28.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:36 pm

:bighugs: :bighugs: Massive great HUG from me Vannin, that is very painful to hear. xxxxxxxxx Wish I could say more but ........ :dunno: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:58 pm

My thoughts are with you vannin. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:05 pm

I appreciate the thoughts a lot. and I always feel the warmth as though we were all fully acquainted,rather than online. Then I remind myself there are people I have known most of my life, who are neither 'here' ,'there' or anywhere to be seen or heard at crucial times.
:grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes