Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby maggieh » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:23 pm

Good afternoon.I am getting my dates mixed up.Today is Halloween 31st Oct.I thought it all kicked off tomorrow.No sweeties in,hope no children knock at my door.Noddy is going home in a taxi tonight I told him he will be safer that way than the bus.Then he said why where am I going. :roll: Home to sleep said I.Then he said why wasnt he sleeping here.So I explained why,then he said ok.

Lovely sunny day here,no heating needed yet.Had a flat inspection this morning,make sure Im not trashing the place.Hardly likely to after being here 20 years.Next one is 6 months time. :sad:

Logan is looking forward to going out with his little sweet bucket tonight.In his outfit.

I best go and sit in a chair near noddy as he will be home in a few hours. :roflmao: He will still be having a dinner before he goes.
Have a nice evening all.
maggieh

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi Maggie, forgot all about halloween.. Usually turn off lights and shut all curtains. Looks as tho' we are out. Don't much like this scary sort of thing. Hope Logan enjoys his walk-about. Poor Noddy, doesn't sound quite right. Lovely and sunny here but to cold to be without heating on. Had call from granddaughter showing her face all made up as witch ready for Halloween. Have a good afternoon. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Good afternoon.Quite wet here and chilly.Lets bypass winter and have nice warmer days and lighter evenings.
Not going out today,staying indoors and have a lazy kind of afternoon.No sleeping though. :roflmao:

Noddy was happy when he went home at 6.30 lastnight in a taxi.I gave him 2 bars of chocolate which he was happy with.I forgot it was his birthday in 2 days time,he will be 77 young.In future when he visits he can have a ride home in a taxi.

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves today,take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Same weather here. Had rain during the night now cloudy and cold. Big black clouds on their way. Why did you say Noddy could not sleep at your place, My friend in Ohio had heavy frost last night and now rain. We are not the only ones with scary weather. Take care, hugs all round cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:14 pm

It's as grey and drear and drizzly as anyone could expect in November _ my least favourite month and I really, really want to hibernate.

Had my flu vaccine on Wednesday and I've felt dreadful ever since - sore and aching arm; headaches, a hacking cough, shivery, increased heart rate and a a spaced-out sensation .. It's improving a bit now but I can't say I'm impressed, especially after last year's didn't work and I got flu anyway.

The landscapers are not here today; they're leaving the cement to set under the slabs until Monday and we aren't supposed to walk on it until at least Sunday. Yesterday evening, we barricaded the whole front with cones, planks, wheelbarrows and all sorts so that Trick & Treat kids didn't try and walk all over it to get to the door. Quietest Halloween we've ever had. A result!
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:02 pm

So sorry about your jab results again. Do keep warm, never met anyone before who had any symptoms after. I had mine a couple of weeks ago and all I had is a bruise which is still here. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. You sound like me 3yrs ago Andere, I was really ill too and later was told it had caused the same result on other people too, I have never had the jab since. Think I did mention it on here too. Maggieh whatever your reason for Noddy going its got to be an advantage to you :) hope Logan enjoyed Halloweening with his bucket . Take Care of yourselves, hugs Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Good evening all,
I have posted twice last few days and lost the posting,so annoying but i was on my phone and tablet when it went heywire.
I also had flu jab on Tuesday didnt get a sore or achy arm and alls well still.
We have had awful rain falls and high winds,got soaked going to tescos at the end of the road,although its nice going for a walk in rain if dressed for it.
Cant wait for Strictly tonight,shame that wilf has had to pullout due to an injury though.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi rwin, sounds as tho we all get the same problems now and then. It has happened to me twice this week.Is the van away for the winter? Take care and keep dry. Lots of rain due for the next week. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is such a lovely day after the grotty weather yesterday.I walked to my daughters this morning and walked back so thats my exercise for the day.

I am trying to send a picture from my phone to daughter vie whatsapp.She did show me this morning but done it too quick,I blinked and missed it. :roflmao: That is my project for the next hour or so. :roll:

Logan showed me his bucket full of sweets from trick and treat yesterday,glad I didnt take him any.I stayed there with him until 3pm then got the bus home as weather was bad.

Have a nice afternoon everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Sounds as though you had a good day maggieh, good for you. I bet Logan enjoyed his sweets. Son showed me also to send and receive pictures but I decided not to go ahead. Too ugly on film. Me - not granddaughter. Finally got through to grandson and he explained a few points so am improving on line a little. Take care, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:44 pm

Greetings on a damp, dank evening - which follows a damp, dank day!
Yesterday turned out to be a lovely autumn day, despite the awful weather forecasts and was perfect for our museum's Open Day and Bus Running. I was busy all morning on the admissions desk - loads of visitors, young and old , kept us really busy. It's really great when people turn up early in big numbers, all happily paying the admission fee and you know it's going to be a successful event and you don't get time to stand around feeling cold and wishing you'd stayed in bed. I bunked off in the afternoon and managed to have a couple of vintage bus trips with OH and catch up on chat with a few people I haven't seen for ages. Definitely a good day!

Today, the landscapers were back and finishing off some last little bits and then I think there's only some tidying up to do tomorrow and have the skip collected. It looks super.

Penny, I empathise. I won't have pictures taken of me, either. I never was photogenic and now I just look like an old hag so I stay on the business end of any camera. OH asked me what he was supposed to do if I ever go missing and the police ask for a recent photo? I said, tell them "too bad".
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Been trying to find an interesting subject to set up a lively forum discussion on this thread but apart from mundane stuff and brexit it is hard to find a light enjoyable discussion which will encourage activity on here. Hope you are all keeping well. big hugs from Dolly & me xx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Dita and all. Not to worry, I have posted on an American forum for almost 10 years. There are only two of us posting all that time. I ask occasionally does the fellow want me to finish and he insists NO. So I just put down the weather and odd things and it keeps going. Hope everyone is keeping warm, not very nice weather today. Big hugs for Dolly and all little ones. Take care and keep warm. Cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Good afternoon all.
We have a lovely crisp sunny day,i took a trip to town to change a pair of jeans as they were too short from Bonmarche which is closing down soon.
We sold our caravan last week and now its on the way to Bulgaria a young couple have brought it and went on Dover ferry on Monday,they are going to message me when they get there,but the chappie had never towed a caravan before,so hope alls well.
I brought a large bag of peanuts for the birds today and the squirrels keeping them all in food as its nice watching them all.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes