Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Only popping in with a hello and goodnight, sorry folks! The Fybro has spread itself again so I don't really know what to do with myself, not wanting to resort to the pills all the time.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Vannin. Hope things improve although I read that most of UK is in lockdown which doesn't help but is necessary . Good wishes to all of you.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:58 am

Morning all, do hope you are feeling a little better today vannin, Everything seems to be going wrong. Funeral of Father in Law yesterday. Very odd. Service all on Internet, no vicar, preacher or organist. Everything was via the internet and only immediate family allowed at the grave, I hope this news of the virus is not real. all we need is another bout, specially this time of year. Take care folk and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi Penny and thank you.
We are already having 'another bout'. However, your wishes for the vaccine to reach you are nearly fulfilled. Bucks started having them in GP surgeries today for the over-80s. So your call may be on its way.
https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/1 ... -covid-19/
Dita, I do hope you are all right, thinking of you. Hugs and love from Trixie and me. Take care everyone.xx
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Oh! Vannin I have just come in and found your message of yesterday, I am so sorry the pain has got worse, we are a pair of creaking gates and it couldn't be at a worse time, it seems this virus has decided to mutate as well, so more good news. Love to yourself and Trixie xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug: Take care, I am having one of those days today :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:26 am

Morning all. bright and sunny, very windy and clouds keep popping across so expect a few showers today. I hope all are keeping well and warm. Friend in USA expecting snow today so have told him to keep it over there. Anyone got news on this new virus, can't make sense out of it, goodness me, what a dreadful year this one has been. Are we still being able to visit family for Christmas? Roll on 2021, fingers crossed for a better year. Take care and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Penny, as I said to you yesterday, there is not a new virus. We are well into the second spike of the original virus. The bit that is new is a mutation of this existing virus. Do you read the links I send you?
Has your GP surgery called either or both of you for the vaccine yet?
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks vannin, I read what you send of course, mostly double dutch to me.. Had two memos from hospital, both changing times. Seems they are extra busy, nothing from surgery at all. Just want to get Christmas sorted. Thank you. Hope you are feeling better today. take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, after a very gloomy morning it has now decided to rain-------lovely :( Hope you are feeling easier today Vannin, my sis in law from Kent sent me a video call yesterday, I was in a right mess because I had been rushing about like a blue a---sd fly catching up with cleaning and finishing off xmas card writing when it happened. She's lovely and was very kind and didn't seem very bothered about my scruffy appearance------but I was. You are not the only one wanting to sort Christmas out Penny, but your son seems to be doing things to help you, ....... Love and Hugs to Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:41 pm

Had to have an evening appointment, made on Monday, at the private hospital, because of 'sudden alarm bells'. I had to go by taxi and (Barry) waited for me there, known him years so the fare was not sky-high. Sorry to be mysterious but will explain tomorrow - it involves a blood blister in the mouth that looked cancerous.
It is worth paying for the best consultant, to get peace of mind. Got to be up early in the morning to go for my 6-weekly eye jab at NHS hospital.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny today so far. Telephone call from surgery this morning. Injection booked for beginning of January. Hope your hospial visit turns out well vannin. Do take care. Temperature should stay about the same today. Sky is a clear blue and cannot see a single white puff yet. Any shopping to be done suggest you do it now. Have a good day all and stay warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello everyone. Vannin I do hope all turns out well , as you say it is best to get the top class consultant . Hugs and Love to both you and Trixie. From Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Hello again all. Thank you for good wishes; there were prayers at my church too, I'd only told 1person.

My mouth has a history including removal of a 1-centimetre lump from my tongue a few years ago. It was benign but I have been monitored since then and been instructed to speedily get a check if any changes ever appear. I have now been fully reassured that I must have bitten inside of cheek in the night, and the ugly blob is a kind of blood blister and has faded now. I find the private hospital a relaxing place to be in a waiting room. The great man's secretary has just phoned to confirm next Wed.

This frustrating morning's injection visit to Amersham hosp, unlike all the other times with speedy efficiency of staff, mixed with great caring, it was chaos and the transport service to return home had also gone to pot. I was finished with by 10.a.m. then sat 2.5 hours till 12.30 when my ambulance chap collected me. The problem must lie with the rule that only one passenger can be in each ambulance.
Well, that is my moan for today!
Lucky Penny with the vaccine apptmt. Dita, yours may come soon....
Hugs and love to you both from Trixie and me.xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi everyone especially Vannin. What a blooming pantomime you have had, not satisfied with horrible eye trouble but also old scars threatening to open old wounds -----what are you like?? Thank goodness the out come at the end of the day was very encouraging for you-----huge sigh of relief :( .You certainly didn't deserve that 2.5hr wait for sure. Despite having a few problems of my own going on at the moment, they are nothing compared with your day so I will send love and hugs to yourself and Trixie for now, cos you need nothing to encourage worries, Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi Dita, my mind has been able to dwell on the imminent arrival of the little family tomorrow for our mini/early Christmas. The big food delivery is not due till 7 - 8 p.m.tonight, I am told 'everything is there and no substitutions'. If Wed's consultation had gone badly I would have been keeping it from my daughter and the two days would be very difficult.
When I returned yesterday morning with jabbed eye,in overdue ambulance, there was a huge container of huge vegetables in the porch. The donor remained a mystery till just now when I was phoned by Ashok who lives nearby and he had received the contents of his friend's allotment, too much for his family. I had racked my brain and asked other neighbours if they knew or saw anyone. Mystery now solved. He says my suggestion to send the big, very fresh gift home with my daughter on Sunday, would be fine. The contents of Ocado delivery will be for the weekend and yesterday was too late to change the order, after deadline.

All of this reminded me of the mysterious soup you received!!
I may not be online over the weekend, but you'll know where I am. Trixie is beginning to observe busy days. She and I send hugs and love for you and Dolly.xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes