Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi everyone. I don't know about bucking up, but not today for me. I kept the six-weekly appointment for my eye injection today and it takes the rest of the day for the vision to clear afterwards. Quite apart from the feeling when the anaesthetising drops wear off. Anyone who makes a fuss about dentist visits just has no idea!!!!
So I hope to return in bucked-up form tomorrow. Dita, gentle hugs and love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me.xxx
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:38 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny but cold of course. Just waiting for son to come and fix the kitchen fridge. Hope all are keeping warm today, don't want any flu jobs going
round. I do hope you are feeling better Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:53 pm

G'day all. I feel more ready for the bucking up today.
Trixie may be very glad the extra close nocturnal bangs have subsided, but no doubt there will be more whichever date is is. I hope poor Dolly is OK.
Wishing better health to each of our unwell members and to Penny's hubby and in-law. Take care and stay safe. To Dita and Dolly, gentle hugs and love from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Hell everyone, hope things are as good as they can be with all of you. Blimey Vannin that 6 weeks seems to have come round quickly, hope it feels easier today. I never heard one firework last night, I think the whole village had given it up this year, it was a relief to me because Dolly would have been frantic. Hope all improving in your world Penny, please take care of yourself too. Love and Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:41 am

I was right, more fireworks last night, the 6th. Not sounding as loud as on the 5th when every bang could have been almost on the doorstep. So, after suffering lack of sleep for a few nights, feel really tired today. Trixie is starting to settle a bit, as long as it won't be going on all weekend.
I am not a killjoy, children love it,... but one night a year should be enough. My grandson is taken annually to the amazing display on South Bank which is close to them. I don't recall such unremitting every day/night Guy Fawkes. I can appreciate this being ON the 5th, part of a succession of treats for all ages who are fed up with lockdown. But I am still moaning, probably until it stops.

Dita, your quiet village must have sent all theirs to here! I am glad for you and Dolly. Living here with fields around us, makes some areas ideal for the supervised bonfire night displays but most are being farmed. The fields are scheduled for development and as a member of the dedicated action groups, I should be glad they are still with us and useful! I hope you are feeling better, and I hope the news is good in Penny's family. Take care and stay safe everyone. Trixie and I send love to Dita and Dolly xxx
Last edited by vannin on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny here, cold of course but a bright blue sky. Daughter just gone. she came and took me to the surgery for my flu jab. Hubby phoned and said he is walking much better now and no pain in his legs. Hopefully on Monday, the hospital assessor will say nothing is needed here and let hubby come home. Fingers crossed. I hope Dita is feeling better and everyone else getting back to nornal. Will be so pleased when this virus business is sorted out. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Vannin I spoke too soon, last night my next door but one neighbour who rents land behind my back garden was at it good and proper, I dont know who was really getting the most pleasure, himself or his son. Dolly was in a right tizzy, I thought she was going to have a heart attack. Noticed another family a bit further down was having fun too. And there I was being so kind to my village only for them to let me down. Take care everyone and Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 am

Morning all, what a dreadful morning. So cold and misty. Hope it clears soon.
Got son and DIL coming today, going to fix an unused bedroom as a place for his photography etc amd for me a sewing room.
Daughter coming with assessor tomorrow so should have some good news re hubby coming home. Must not speak too soon so fingers crossed. Had such a bad night, woke at three and could not go off again,just made it to the loo. Can't think for the life of me what I had eaten to upset tummy. One of those things I guess. Do hope you are feeling better Dita, not the time of year to be poorly. Also hope your viewing is now nice a clear vannin.
Felt very touched by picture of HRH in the Abbey with no one there. She must have felt dreadful.
Has Bidden won the American election. Everywhere one looks its talk about the voting system. Hope they sort it soon.
Well, that isall for now, do hope all are well and able to post today. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:27 am

Penny, Biden won but will still be called President Elect until January 20. Trump refuses to concede.
Your tummy upset may be caused by stress catching up with you. I hope it has stopped now.

Eye settles down by next day but vision will never be nice and clear because there is no cure for Macular Degeneration. The injections are intended to keep it from deteriorating and are for life. Have completed 2 years treatment.
Will post again later.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:26 pm

I really sympathise with you as regards your eye problem Vannin, it affects everything which you do really and waiting for that blooming injection to wear off is another thing you have to endure, its something you have to put up with unfortunately. I was doing a reckon up with my sister-in-law on how many people had been visiting me since hubby died, she is well aware I have been isolating and the conclusions are just 4 people have come through my door since we had his funeral in June 2019. Have had the occasional natter on the doorstep but that is the facts-----I daren't even think about it, but it doesn't really bother me either, odd really but that's the way it is.
I watched the service from the cenotaph this morning and thought it quite emotional despite of it being so much quieter than usual.
Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi Dita. I too was very moved by the cenotaph service today. In a way, I think having a commentary much less present than usual, was in keeping with the missing procession of the veteran servicemen and women. It made me concentrate much more on identifying those laying wreaths. Prince Charles laid two of course, the first one being the Queen's wreath. The Duke of Kent walks very painfully I think.
But there were two young-looking chaps, one went up between Charles and Anne and the other after Anne and before William. (I think) Doesn't she look good for 70? The playing of Nimrod always sets me off, it is my favourite and was the favourite of my husband and also of the man I knew briefly (28 months) and lost in 2017.
The man in the kilt, Ian ? (always crosses swords very succinctly with Boris in the Commons) possibly weath-laying to represent Scotland's First Minister.
Would you believe? Some bangs are just starting AGAIN, and last night too. It is not 6 p.m. yet so it may stop soon. So sorry poor Dolly was driven frantic and hope she is recovered and your village will stay quiet.
Any day now, I suspect some Trump supporters will start bitching about Joe Biden being Irish-American and having had IRA friends. Sometimes news photographers are sure to catch two people standing together and start 'fake news', to use Trump's expression.
Dita, I wish you and Dolly a better week, love to you both from Trixie and me xxx
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Morning all,just had the assessor in and apart from a small seat for his shower all is o.k. If we can get the seat ASAP he could be coming home next Monday. Was hoping sooner but have to get the seat fixed first.
Weather is very damp, cold and miserable heavy clouds above.
I hope everyone is keeping warm and prepared for another dull week stuck indoors.
Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Sounds like all is going well in your world Penny, one things for sure from my world is the fact that dull week or not means there is little I can do about it anyway, have to take the days as they come round.
Now this new virus seems a success I wonder if Mr Trump will be telling the powers that be he was responsible for being one of the experimental try out folk --- and it cured him.?????
I have not worded it very well but hopefully you will understand what I mean.
Dolly has settled down now thank goodness, she worries me when she gets so hyper.
I must say I did miss seeing Harry at the cenotaph, but then saw a headline which indicated he had organised one of sorts in the USA, whatever is said about them means little to me only that he did his bit for his country and we shouldn't forget that.. Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Isn't it wonderful news about the vaccine?! :D
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:48 am

Morning all, Agree about the vaccine if it truly works. To me so far, too much talk and not enough action. Fingers crossed. Regarding Harry, It was said yesterday he was doing his duty and in today's paper they say he should not have done anything. I ask you. One cannot win. Lovely and sunny here but I can see lots of white clouds on the way. Still very chilly. I do hope all are feeling good today. Been informed hubby will be coming home Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed as usual. Have a good day all and keep warm. Do hope you are still on the mend Dita. Take care. cheers Penny.

Just had word from friend in Ohio. He says virus is just as bad and expecting a shutdown anyminute.

Penny :sad:
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes