Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Vannin wrote .' would love to have the medication delivered but this branch does not deliver. Maybe one of the other chemists in town has the facility.

Vannin I get mine delivered because Boots had starting charging.. Try a Google To-------Pharmacy2U ------- They arrange with your Surgery and they post it to your home. There is other companies who do this and it sometimes depends which company your surgery supports, also sometimes depends on your health and whether you are capable of being able to pick them up yourself.
Your win wasn't bad at all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Good afternoon from a dry chilly Kent.A day indoors for me today.I am amusing myself by sealing up gaps in my windows.Just having a rest before I start on second draughty window frame.Its lovely thick sticky tape and once its up you can't see it.

I drew a handbag at drawing yesterday,so will finish colouring that in this afternoon.Next week we are drawing decorations,I am taking a bell in.

Elton John is entertaining me this afternoon with his singing.

I am dog sitting all day next Tuesday as daughter has to go somewhere with her job,and doesnt know when she will be back. :roll:
Oh well must get motivated again.All be good and keep warm. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Just you be careful, when dog sitting.Hope painting is going well. Funny, watching ancestors today, I remembered I have two handbags still in boxes bought somewhere around 1908. Must send them to you to paint. Have a warm evening and take care. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Good evening.Just a quick one tonight.I have been out all day,had a lovely time.We went to a couple of xmas fairs,done some colouring with Logan.Had a lift home as daughter in law was taking the grandchildren shopping.

My internet keeps going off b thing.Gone off twice this evening.Annoying.Am watching dancing at 7pm.Shorter programme now not many left in it.

Have a nice evening and keep warm.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Morning all, what a cold miserable day. Had some rain overnight and looks as though lots more on the way. Watched 'Strictly' last night' can't say I was overwhelmed. Only one couple caught my eye I think it was the first with a young man who was fantastic. Have to wait and see. Nothing much on TV tonight so if you like comedy, try Yesterday, with Allo Allo showing 3 episodes. Have a good day, take care and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:54 pm

Good evening I am late again.Nothing exciting to post though.
I am waiting to see what time I am needed in the morning for Basil sitting,going to be a long day just sitting keeping the dog company. :roflmao:

I amused myself yesterday afternoon decorating a wooden coat hanger with tinsels etc.Looks quite nice.Logan did one at the fair that we went to on Sunday.He will be carrying his to the carnival on Saturday evening.

The other day I turned the switch on my heater for the bathroom,didnt have my glasses on at the time.I must have touched the wrong button as the heating doesnt come on like it used too.It is on now for 2 hours only and will close its self off.So quick shower coming up.

Hope you are all keeping well,keep warm.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi maggieh, what a cold and miserable day. Hope the weather brightens up for you to take Basil for a good walk tomorrow. Pity Logan cannot join you/ Coat hanger sounds good, next try A Light Shade. Put your glasses on and have another go at the heater. Been dreadfully dark and wet here, do hope forecast is wrong as it seems we are going to get more rain plus storms. Take care, keep warm and have a good night's sleep. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Another cold, wet and miserable day. Hope everyone is OK and keeping warm. Just off for a lunch out, think I would rather eat at home today. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 pm

We also have rain and a bit blowy,have been out briefly not thinking on going out anymore today.
Our double glazed windows have been in a long time,so today we have been putting new seals in,as been buying it on Amazon saved having new windows going in,it does feel a lot warmer now too,so was worth doing it.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch date Penny.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Enjoyed lunch but the fish was nearly all batter, The chips are in my handbag ready for the birds. Never been a fish eater but OH had it last week and it looked super. He had a large piece of cod and did not enjoy it as much as last time. Funny how different chef's make a different meal. It will be back to scampi or beefburger for me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not a bad day weather wise.At least it is dry.Well I have had a busy sort of week what with dog sitting etc.I was with Basil from 9.30--6.30.I don't take him out walking Penny,his too strong for me.Plus the clearing up after him would be a no no. :roll: Daughter walked me home after with Basil so he got a long walk then.

Had a nice time at drawing yesterday had a chat and lots of laughing.Last one next week then break up till January.

These electric radiators are quite expensive to run(the landlord had put in)So I have now got my oil filled ones back from my son.He was storing them for me in his garage.So I am going to use them instead.Cost me 6pound the other evening to keep warm. :roll: I know we got 200 winter fuel money to help keep us warm.I will treat myself at xmas with hot warm rooms then.

It is Noddy day.He will be going home when his had his dinner.He seems to enjoy going home in a taxi.Im glad he goes by taxi.his 76/77 a bit unsteady on his legs.So rather he get home safe the quick way.

Hot chocolate time here.He hasn't had one for years he said.And he looks forward to one. :mrgreen: I will go and sit in the armchair with mine,he watches tv,I amuse myself on my tablet. :lol:
Have a lovely evening and keep warm. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:56 pm

It's a hot chocolatey sort of day here, too: cold and dismal and yet more rain falling. I've barely left the house all week so there isn't much to report from here. I've promised myself that I really will stir myself tomorrow and at least go and get my hair cut before it drives me entirely mad.

Hope everyone's ok and that Noddy enjoyed his dinner. Remains of a shoulder of pork to be dealt with here plus some carrot & swede mash, I think. I'm short of inspiration as well as sunshine. Roll on January!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm

My daughter is usually in London Bridge area on Friday afternoons, (she works weekends) especially to do food shopping at Borough Market, about a mile from their home. I used to be there too. After the terrorism there a few years ago, she declared 'We will not be stopped from our normal routine'. I agree in principle.

Stout Londoner that she has become, along with many thousands of others, she is hardened to all these threats, but organised a march last year in their locality, to press for greater police presence around Southwark Park and their local woodland. The police took it on board but too late to stop muggings of two women at knife point. My grandson could easily do the 7-minute school walk through the woods IF certain of safety, but an adult always takes him.

So after 2 p.m today when there was another terror-related incident at London Bridge, I phoned to see if she was all right, and today she was working at home for the afternoon. She added 'But we are still going to the lantern-lit parade in Rotherhithe'!

We live in evil times. I have been watching Sadiq Khan saying how these worst incidents bring out the best in the ordinary passers-by and it is true. The man or men who ran to tackle the knife man today ran straight towards danger. I like Mayor Sadiq, such a contrast to the last one!!
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 pm

We live in Evil times alright Vannin, and maybe that's what is encouraging our government to be arguing with each other and trying to win an election of sorts. Of course I am to thick too understand what they are doing anyway. :) :roflmao: :cheeky4: :cheeky4:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Dita, THEY are too thick to understand what they are doing!!! :magnify: :cry: :dunno:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes