Having a clear out

Except Personal Attacks

Having a clear out

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Well its been a great morning because my granddaughter came with her hubby after taking my great grandson to pre-school and they took me out for a nice walk in my wheelchair with the dogs which helped to blow the cobwebs away.
Into the bargain Tami (Granddaughter) has managed to get me two chamois leathers to dust my furniture with. Sounds daft to think the two genuine window leathers can bring a ray of sunshine to an old biddy but it will help me with my Asthma and allergy to dust mite.
I never could stand dusters or ruddy polish and I have always used a damp chamois leather that has been soaked in warm water plus a drop of vinegar after being well wrung out on all my furniture and mirrors all through my married life until a year or so ago when mine decided to drop to pieces after many years of wear and tear.Many synthetic ones can be bought but I wanted the real thing.
To crown it all Tami had been helping me to clear out unused clothes that no longer fit me and shoes that have never been worn due to feet swelling up ready for the BHF foundation to collect. While clearing a lot of stuff I came across a beautiful old music box that had old coinage in it and Tami's hubby has been looking at one very old King George vi coin and comparing it with one on the net and it looks as though its worth quite a bit. I told them to take them because they are no good to me so all in all a very enjoyable morning while my great grandson has been to pre-school.

Just in case anyone wonders how both Mum and Dad of great grandson could be taking the little one to playschool. My granddaughter is supervisor at big veterinary surgery here and was not due to start work until 3-30 until 7-30 tonight and her hubby who is in the police force has got a couple of days break.
Maywalk

Re: Having a clear out

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Wow your little great grandson is growing up quick.Maywalk.It is nice to have a clearout of clothes etc,its like a springclean.
maggieh

Re: Having a clear out

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:13 pm

To be honest Maggie I am trying to make things easier for my family when the Grim Reaper knocks on my door. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have given a lot of my treen away as mementoes to family and friends and I am leaving a list of names with what folks have picked that they would like when I am no longer here. The main things have gone to my family but I still have many lovely wooden carvings of animals and birds from worldwide.
It may sound gruesome and not everyone's idea but at least I will know that they will be looked after by any who picked their choice when I am no longer here.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes