Such a shame........

Except Personal Attacks

Such a shame........

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 pm

that this forum is SO empty nowadays. :cry: :cry:
It used to be a very busy one with plenty of banter but hardly anyone calls in now.
I know some are not with us any more and I am also guilty of not calling in as often as I should but the blasted meds make me feel so washed out at times, but even when I do call in there is very often no one about.
It would be lovely if we could all spare a few minutes each day just to pop in to say Hello and I admire Penny because she does usually pop in.
Looking at many of the subjects here some have not had a posting for quite some time.
Perhaps others will with a bit of luck start calling in and refreshing the subjects.
Unfortunately age and disability keeps me in a lot now but I still like to keep in touch with those I met in cyberland many moons ago.
What is your view on this????
Maywalk

Re: Such a shame........

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Great to see you pop in Maisie, hope you are keeping well and delighted to reply. I keep popping in and hoping someone will post. Keep trying to put in puzzles but everyone seems to be busy these days, I expect it is time of year. Hope your weather is not too bad there. Take care and pop in again when you can. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi Penny.
I am waiting for something exciting to happen because with being housebound now I think I would go nuts if I did not have a computer.
Its good to see more elderly folks taking it up as well because its a great way of keeping in touch with the outside world AND to help keep the brain going although I DO object to folks coming to see me and sitting with their phones in their hands.
Even my own family are guilty of it.
Maybe I am a moaning old b++++r but it would be nice to have a conversation with folks without it being interrupted every few minutes by someone texting. :evil:
Keep well and I will pop in tomorrow all being well.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Fully agree re telephones. Have a good nights sleep. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 am

I must plead guilty as I pop in at least once a day but am usually in a hurry and if I don't see anything that catches my attention, I'm gone. Life seems to get more hectic, I don't know how I ever had time to go to work! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Lacemaker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:01 am

I must admit that I haven’t posted much lately. I have been going out for lunch several times a week with friends, sometimes 7/8 of us and sometimes just two, trying out different venues. One of our favourites was the St. George Sailing Club with views of the George’s River and Botany Bay, absolutely glorious on a clear day with lots of activity on the water and in the air with Sydney Airport close by. The food was very good and very low in price with specials such as fish (grilled or fried), chips and salad for $6 (roughly 3 pounds). Unfortunately this has now closed down for a year or so for rebuilding and we fear that the prices will be almost doubled when it reopens again.

Between us we are members of various clubs in the area so we have lots of of other places to go to even if they are more expensive than our favourite.

The grandchildren keep me busy, too, especially Ollie my 4 year old grandson (the baby in my avatar). He has grown a little since that photo was taken ! He gets up to more mischief than his big sister ever even dreamed of. :roflmao:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 am

I'm fairly busy too Hazel, what with 2 writing groups, one with U3A and I have also submitted and had accepted about 8 for the local newspaper. With that and accompanying my Jill to Tai Chi and taking part, then gardening , lawn mowing, (grass is growing enough for at least 2 cows to be happy) I usually do a quick flick through the 4 or 5 forums I belong to before falling asleep while watching TV. :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Lacemaker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:20 am

I have an exercise class on Monday mornings, Michael, and I also join the gang on Saturday and Sunday mornings for coffee for them and tea for me before shopping.

Just where does the time disappear to ? :roll:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby laurie53 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:00 am

Though I don't post much I visit twice a day, every day.

There are surely others like me?
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Hello all.
I would have popped in sooner but had my cleaner here plus my son popped over to see if all was OK.
I have to admit that I too am busy but during a lull of answering many questions and telling my tales of yesteryear I DO pop into one or two forums I belong to.
It was the fact that I called in here the other night and sat reading many of the old threads and recalling those who are no longer with us.
With folks living worldwide we know the times can be awkward to catch anyone to have a word with them but its nice when we can because SO many of us go back quite a few years from when we first met in cyberland.
Best wishes to all and I will probably pop in later tonight.
Have a good day,night, afternoon or evening, whichever it is at your end of the globe. :?
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm

One for you Maisie....

A couple were Christmas shopping. The shopping centre was packed , and as the wife walked through one of the malls she was surprised when she looked around to find that her husband was nowhere to be seen. She was quite upset because they had a lot to do and she became so worried that she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was. In a quiet voice he said, "Do you remember the jewelers we went into about five years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"

The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I do remember that shop."

He replied, "Well, I'm in the pub next door."
Poohdog

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:29 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That got the belly muscles working Pooh and its lovely to see you here.
How is life treating you?
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Good to hear from a number now. Keep it up folks, all we need is Good morning or a weather chat.. Love that one Pooh. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello everyone, despite having to care for my husband for many many years ago I promised myself after Eve died that I would post and try to keep this forum going until things got to much for me. This I almost did until recently when my hubby died and my health problems is restricting me quite alot, I have had no options but slow down, however I have been trying to get myself going again. Thanks to Penny and her almost daily quiz this has mainly kept the forum still operating --------. For myself I was trying to keep the folk on here communicating with each other. Big hugs from Dolly & me xxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Good to hear from you Dita and big hugs back.

I can understand how things are for you because I have been there and I have to admit that it takes me all my time now to get about from one room to another plus having the Epilepsy that can grab me at any time but while I can keep going that is all that bothers me.

I hope that other old members will pop in and we can start getting the forum going again.
Facebook is OK but its not like a forum where one can have laugh together and it gets a bit tedious to me to see the same gifs and other stuff being repeated everywhere.
I prefer a bit of banter which I can always get from Pooh. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Next

Return to Anything Goes