Eye Test.

Except Personal Attacks

Eye Test.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:49 am

Good Morning All.

Had my eyes tested at home this morning and pleased to say that I dont need any new specs. Not because of paying out for new ones but because I am used to those I have got with them being different in colour. With having three pairs I know what to use for whatever closeness I need.
Itried the varifocal ones but never liked them and reverted back to my three pair a few years ago.
Do you wear glasses?
Maywalk

Re: Eye Test.

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Yes I do. Always had varifocal until my operation so now just plain normal. Pleased no change was necessary for you. Take care and keep warm today. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:27 pm

I do need my eyes testing, I do wear varifocals but have neglected my eyes of late. Reading small print is the worse culprit.
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 pm

I should have added, only wear them for reading, writing etc. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Glad to know you are OK now Penny.

[quote="dita"]I do need my eyes testing, I do wear varifocals but have neglected my eyes of late. Reading small print is the worse culprit.[/quote

DONT neglect them Dita. Get an eye test done as soon as possible.
Maywalk

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:49 pm

I must make a appointment for a eye test.I have had 2 reminders from Boots so far.If i need different lenses I will have them put in the frame I have already got.Varifocal's for me too,I wear glasses all the time.
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Get it sorted Maggie. Your eyes are precious.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Boots Optical seems to have lost interest since I have been attending Amersham Hospital Macular Suite for monthly eye injections this past year. Just had 12th appointment there. The Opthalmologists find me very relaxed but you can't fight the needles, can you?
But their scans are so thorough, I would soon be sent for new specs if needed.

The Dry Macular Degeneration has been developing for 17 years and hasn't a treatment or cure. It is the Wet MD that is treated by the injections and, while it can't cure, it can hold the condition at bay. I remain pleased that there were good results from the cataract removals after they were followed by lasering both eyes for Capsulotomies, so I only wear reading glasses for small print.

Maggie, I wish you well in getting Boots to fit new lenses in old frames. They told me years ago that it could not be done with modern frames which apparently lose their tautness so new lenses would not be secure. So, right through the nineties and after, I was paying a fortune each year to have brand new complete pairs. I got wise to them in the end, and the cataract removal helped the basic vision when all the other conditions had started!!
So now my reading glasses are a few years old and still effective and distance pair has not been needed at all since 2015.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:22 pm

That has saved you quite a bit then Vannin with knowing that your reading glasses are ok.
I have had cataracts removed and that helped my vision but I have had a lazy eye all my life so I dont expect much from that but its good to know that I wont be needing any new specs.
Maywalk

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 am

I have worn glasses since I was 12 but after the cataract removals 3/4 years ago my long sighted vision is excellent but I can’t see clearly closer to now. It was just the opposite before - I always took my glasses off to read in bed or to do my lacework. Can’t help thinking I prefer being short sighted !
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Lacey, :welcome1:

I expect it is in the persons genetic being that defines whether or not they need glasses.

I know one thing that I NEVER went for is contact lenses.
They never appealed to me but I would like to know if anyone else had them and how they got on with them.

As long as I can see the keyboard and use my one good finger I count myself lucky to still be here.
Maywalk

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am

My eldest daughter had contact lenses but they never appealed to me. Just the thought of deliberately putting something in my eye didn’t appeal to me at all. After a year or so my daughter went back to wearing glasses.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 am

No it didnt appeal to me either Lacey.
Its bad enough if you get something in your eye without prising it open to put in a lens.
I have heard one or two say that they too have stopped using them and gone back to glasses.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:30 am

Maywalk wrote:Hi Lacey, :welcome1:

I expect it is in the persons genetic being that defines whether or not they need glasses.

I know one thing that I NEVER went for is contact lenses.
They never appealed to me but I would like to know if anyone else had them and how they got on with them.

As long as I can see the keyboard and use my one good finger I count myself lucky to still be here.

I wore soft contacts right through the eighties but though I religiously cleaned them, I kept getting conjunctivitis.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Did you go back to glasses then Vannin?

Sounded ruddy painful with wearing the contact lens. :huffin:
Maywalk

Next

Return to Anything Goes