Which is yours

Except Personal Attacks

Which is yours

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Some time ago, my son insisted on buying me a modern phone. I curse the day because I am still unable to use it. Too technical. Do you find them easy or difficult. Hubby sits with the house phone by his side so can never get to use that either. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Which is yours

Postby twin1947 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 pm

hi Penny my mobile is alcatel from Tescos run by Android find mine really easy to use,
twin1947

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Lucky you. All I can see on this one is REDMI CE Made in China,/Be easier for me to post a letter. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:50 pm

While the top range ones have lots of bells and whistles, as phones they are all pretty basic.

Why don't you get a cordless landline with an extra handset? You can then carry it round the house with you.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:58 pm

Penny - on a tablet or PC, go to https://xiaomi-mi.co.uk/home/user-manuals/ and you will find a complete list of user guides for all Xiaomi/Redmi products.

Check which model of phone you have (it'll be on the box it came in) and scroll down the page quite a long way, past the air conditioners, fan heaters and what all until you come to a section titled "User Guides for Xiaomi Smartphones". Click on your model name and you will download a user guide which you can save and refer to anytime you are baffled by your phone!

I've no idea which model you have but I just downloaded the very top one to see what it looked like and it seems nice and clear, well laid out and not too much mangled English. :mrgreen:

Obvs, the first thing you'll need to do is charge it - charger should have been supplied? Then switch it on -the power button on most Android phones is one of the ones on the right side as you look at the screen, could be top or bottom one.

I've never used a Redmi and all phones and versions of Android have their little differences but follow the user guide and, honestly, you'll soon get the hang of it and wonder how on earth you managed without for so long. It's not just phone calls; it's almost a life support system. A calendar to remind you of things you'd probably forget; a camera for when something is happening NOW; maps for when you're lost in a strange town; a calculator to check figures on the hoof; all sorts of useful apps available to check when your bus is due or if your train is cancelled and loads of games you can download to play while you're waiting for that bus or for OH to come out of the bathroom ...

Good luck!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks Andere, having fun trying to understand all the stuff. The instructions for this were on line when son gave it to me. Of course, idiot me wiped it off. Have made a note from yours and will keep popping in to see what I can understand. Thank you very much. Made me laugh at your remark re leaves. Wonder what you would do living her in a the midst of a huge circle of trees, A great bid Chestnut tree on the front lawn and bungalow surrounded by a huge number of different trees.

Thanks Laurie, we have three already but with OH on same line it is impossible for me to answer first.

cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes