Good Neighbour.

Except Personal Attacks

Good Neighbour.

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:47 pm

My young neighbour moved here around four years ago and we have become good friends although she is only in her 50s.
She loves to come in for a giggle and to unload any problems. She has no parents now because she was adopted and and both her adopted parents had died.
When she found out that I was having difficulties trying to bend down to get to my feet to give them a good soaking she offered to come in to wash and cream them for me.
With pins in both hips broken it takes me all my time to drag myself around with my trolley
YES I have a shower but still unable to sit down in it to do my feet as I would like to. I prefer a bath myself but had to have it taken out to make a wet room for hubby when he was alive.

Anyway she came in last night to do them and she asked me if my leg felt sore. I said yes it had felt very touchy and hot and as though it had been blown up like a balloon. I said I ignored it because with being the age I am anything can flare up. She insisted I call the doctor today for him to come and look at it. Pleased to say that he called and to my surprise he said it is cellulitis and badly infected. Anyone can get this apparently whether young or old.
He made the prescription out and phoned the chemist to say he wanted me to start taking the antibiotics right away and can he deliver them. Prescription delivered and I have just taken the first tablet.

This is what I call good service and you have to agree that it is nice to know that the NHS is not all bad.
Maywalk

Re: Good Neighbour.

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Agree, plus having such a good neighbour, you are lucky Masie, take care now. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes